Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite last minute Charlton goal (Not Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Yes, it was 81st minute... but can we include Fortune vs Palace? 
    It wasn't a winner, but it was a downer for them.
    It's favourite last minute goal. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Yes, it was 81st minute... but can we include Fortune vs Palace? 
    It wasn't a winner, but it was a downer for them.
    It's favourite last minute goal. 
    I know, but there's exceptions to every rule!!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Steve Gritt at home to QPR in December 1988. This is the game when Mickey Bennett got carried off. Gritt equalised with a really good, powerful low shot in the 89th. 

Not a favourite but another Steve Gritt goal; away to Port Vale April 1992 on a Tuesday night - 88th min equaliser to make an awful game bearable. 
    We'd battered QPR that day and the equaliser was no more than we deserved.

My mate drove up for the Port Vale game (there was a minibus load that went as well) and his exhaust fell off halfway up the M1. We managed to get it to a quick fit and get it changed but there was no way we were going to make kick-off. Our options were to floor it all the way and hopefully make the 2nd half or go back home. We decided on option 1, hammered it up there and made it in the ground just as the 2nd half kicked off. When Gritty scored we went fucking nuts and all agreed that, that one moment made up for all the arse-ache we'd had throughout the day.

Bought a load of beer from an offy after the game and headed home.

All the way home, the driver either had a joint or beer on the go. When we got back to his place, he opened his car door and fell onto the verge. Laughed but as I walked home thought to myself "it's not funny, he's just driven me all the way home from Stoke!" 

• Options
    In the 80s we played Shrewsbury at home. The match remained scoreless mainly down to the profligacy of one man, Martin Robinson who had the proverbial mare.

I was so frustrated after his latest puerile effort, that I had a real rant at him. Of course in added on time he was on hand to convert the winner from a yard out in the centre of the covered end goal. The only way he was going to score that day. I got pelters from those around me.

I also remember a late comeback around that time at home to Burnley. 3-1 down with 5 minutes to play. Injury time equaliser. To say @Big William went into raptures would be a massive understatement!
    A season before my time but the book says that was Feb 1982. 89th minute....Att 4,575 (those were the days...)

Another one from that season, that I didn't see; Don McAllister 90th min v Crystal Palace at The Valley just after Jerry Murphy was sent off. 
  • Options
    Killer with a last minute winner against palarse at The Valley, they had Gerry Murphy sent off just before that, with the score at 1-1.
    Thought Don Mcallister got the winner in that one, cross by Leroy Ambrose.

Remember Hales scored in a Christmas time game against them to win 1-0,  rare right foot shot.
  • Options
    Lisbie last minute at Stamford Bridge, was sat in Chelsea end, couldn't celebrate other then a massive smirk on my face
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Killer with a last minute winner against palarse at The Valley, they had Gerry Murphy sent off just before that, with the score at 1-1.

Remember Hales scored in a Christmas time game against them to win 1-0,  rare right foot shot.
    Yep Mcallister scored past my cousin in law Paul Barron. Not a happy bunny afterwards ha ha.
  • Options
    Remember Chris Perry getting a late goal in a Saturday lunchtime game against Man City to get us a 2-2 I think.

City had all the game and should have been miles ahead then up popped Chris to equalise.
  • Options
    El Karkouri free kick v Blackburn, beauty!
  • Options
    God that was another turgid game as I remember!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgfXMiGZcms
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Simon Webster’s crunching volley in off the crossbar and angle v Bristol City at Upton Park. Was that last minute? It was a late, great goal. 
    3 days after my son was born.
    My wife wasn't very enthusiastic when I told her. Weird :smile:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    https://youtu.be/xi6tjHpqOJk

With a cameo of Ben Watson!! 
    And a hell of a penalty save by Deano.
  • Options
    For the drama it has to be Claus v Blackburn.  If Friedel hadn't just equalised, it would have just been a last minute winner but after he thought he'd saved a point, the look on Brad's face and his body language should be in the dictionary as the definition of despair.

Also, the effect on our supporters - to go from "Oh, feck" to "Un-fecking-believable" in, what, 30s?  Truly an amazing experience.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

The Hales goal was 27th Dec 1983 (79th min). Ran through and slotted past George Wood. Peter Mountfield broke his leg in that game and we played away at Portsmouth the day before. Yes you youngsters out there.....the day before! (and got whacked 4-0). 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Remember Chris Perry getting a late goal in a Saturday lunchtime game against Man City to get us a 2-2 I think.

City had all the game and should have been miles ahead then up popped Chris to equalise.
    They absolutely slaughtered us throughout. Mark Fish had a mare. 
  • Options
    When was our last, last minute winner? 
    Same as our Golfie.

Do one & you'll do the other. Simples.
  • Options
    John Humphrey's equaliser against Norwich in the Full Members Semi final (seconds after they'd gone ahead).

The fact that we went on to win in extra time completed the night.
    Yep, first goal that came to mind, a great surge started in the Arthur Waite when that went in
  • Options
    John Humphrey's equaliser against Norwich in the Full Members Semi final (seconds after they'd gone ahead).

Yep, first goal that came to mind, a great surge started in the Arthur Waite when that went in
    It was cold that night was almost disappointed we equalised. Was right behind that goal in the Sainsbury’s end   

My memory has Walsh as scoring the goal 
  • Options
    Parker at Elland Road
    Dennis
    Mills at Villa
    Reid at Southend
    Pringle vs Geordies

Was Robinson vs Man U 3-3 that late?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was Robinson vs Man U 3-3 that late?
    85th minute
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    MrOneLung said:

It was cold that night was almost disappointed we equalised. Was right behind that goal in the Sainsbury’s end   

My memory has Walsh as scoring the goal 
    Colin Walsh equalised at The Holmesdale End on 90 mins (Robert Rosario scored for them on 89).

The OG deflected in by Ian Butterworth from John Humphrey's cross shot was 3 mins into extra-time, at The Sainsbury's End.  
  • Options
    Against Peterborough 28 Nov 2017 at The Valley Boro were leading 0-2 in the 91st minute Holmes scored and in the 94th Grant got the equaliser , not a great game but a bloody good finish for a chilly November night
  • Options
    Ricky Holmes converted a penalty in the first minute of added time at the end of the game before Karlan Ahearne-Grant equalised three minutes later.
    https://www.11v11.com/matches/charlton-athletic-v-peterborough-united-28-november-2017-355731/

I was there I'm always there, but I don't remember this and neither do my sons.
  • Options
    Paul Kitson, Palace away. Can't remember what year. Shut the Nigels up
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Simon Webster’s crunching volley in off the crossbar and angle v Bristol City at Upton Park. Was that last minute? It was a late, great goal. 
    3 days after my son was born.
    My wife wasn't very enthusiastic when I told her. Weird.
    As others have said, it really sticks in the mind. I can’t find it online. Would love to see it again.
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Paul Kitson, Palace away. Can't remember what year. Shut the Nigels up
    ‘We’ll never play you again, we’ll never play you again’

Sigh.
  • Options
    Some great memories in this thread.

However, even though I know the thread title suggests ‘besides Wembley’, there still doesn’t go a day where I don’t think about that day and have to pinch myself.

We really did hit the jackpot with that one.