Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    Curbs, with Steve Brown as his assistant.
    Been watching most of the games on VP and the passion and knowledge not only for our club, but the game in general, is tremendous.
    Curbs still looks young enough, and has the required enthusiasm, whilst Brownie has great tactical appreciation.
    I felt the area that was Bowyer's downfall was his man management. Curbs has far superior experience and an excellent record in getting the best out of his players. Brownie comes across as a really down to earth, likeable bloke who the players would respect and listen to.

I bet Curbs wouldn't have the first clue how to operate in the transfer market in this day and age. 

Wouldn't have a clue about any players either. 
    Don't be fooled, Curbs has been doing his homework.
  • Options
    No word twisting going on SHG. I just think it's extremely unfair to dismiss Jackson in the way that you have done. Every good manager had to start somewhere.
    Jackson strikes me as another 'passion/get stuck in' manager that will get out-thought every week like Bowyer has done. 

I've seen nothing and heard nothing that would tell me any different. 
    And if that's what Sandgaard thinks then he won't get the job and that's fine by me.

I'm not trying to push JJ by any means but I do think we should be casting a wide net to get the best candidate possible and that will include interviewing people from within. It'll be sod's law that Jacko turns out to be a brilliant manager and could've been doing it here but we refused to give him a chance because he's a club legend. Madness.
    Or we do appoint him and he fails due to lack of experience. Both scenarios are possible. Madness
    Obviously... not sure that refutes anything I've said though.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No word twisting going on SHG. I just think it's extremely unfair to dismiss Jackson in the way that you have done. Every good manager had to start somewhere.
    Jackson strikes me as another 'passion/get stuck in' manager that will get out-thought every week like Bowyer has done. 

I think if Jackson gets 3 or 4 games we will see some of the shackles come off, exactly the same way they did when Bowyer got the first got the gig.

Problem is, even if Jackson does well initially. It's basically because other teams aren't able to scout his tactics yet and are a surprise. Nothing would point to long-term success, as Bowyer found out. 
  • Options

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Unlike Bowyer, he’s always wanted to be a coach/manager. 

He started his own youth academy while still playing, took all of his badges and is currently going through the process of getting his UEFA pro licence. You only have to look at his Twitter and its full of tactical drill ideas from various teams around the world.

Very disrespectful for no reason to suggest Bowyer and Jackson get out-thought every week.
    How many multiple half-time subs and change in tactics has there been this season? 
  • Options

Only one Charlton connected man for the job.........Unfinished business!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Unlike Bowyer, he’s always wanted to be a coach/manager. 

He started his own youth academy while still playing, took all of his badges and is currently going through the process of getting his UEFA pro licence. You only have to look at his Twitter and its full of tactical drill ideas from various teams around the world.

Very disrespectful for no reason to suggest Bowyer and Jackson get out-thought every week.
    Hardly been a tactical master class though has it?  
    So? That’s not a point anyone is making.

Suggesting they where so incompetent that they were out-thought every week is absolute waffle
  • Options
    Been watching most of the games on VP and the passion and knowledge not only for our club, but the game in general, is tremendous.
    Curbs still looks young enough, and has the required enthusiasm, whilst Brownie has great tactical appreciation.
    I felt the area that was Bowyer's downfall was his man management. Curbs has far superior experience and an excellent record in getting the best out of his players. Brownie comes across as a really down to earth, likeable bloke who the players would respect and listen to.

I bet Curbs wouldn't have the first clue how to operate in the transfer market in this day and age. 

He wouldn't need to. Unlike when he was manager, that job is now taken care of by the likes of Gallen.
    Curbs has stayed in touch with the game with regular punditry roles on TV.
    A good footballer is a good footballer and he has managed some of the best, Di Canio, Jensen, Tevez etc.
    He certainly couldn't do any worse than some of the lemons signed by Gallen and Bowyer over the past year or so!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    If you want the Chris Wilder style appointment then go and get Michael Duff from Cheltenham.

If you want the Eddie Howe style appointment then promote Euell from the youth set up
    Before TS, I’d have been up for Jacko and / or Euell taking this on to lead us through the crisis and get the fans on board.  As it is, the stakes will be too high and you can tell on here that a run of bad results will see toxicity and/ or low crowds.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see them take it until the end of the season to give time to get the person they want . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    E=mc2 said:

Don't be fooled, Curbs has been doing his homework.
    Agreed, he looks well rehearsed in those Paddy Power videos  ;)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think if Jackson gets 3 or 4 games we will see some of the shackles come off, exactly the same way they did when Bowyer got the first got the gig.

.....and if he gets more than four games the wheels will come off.

Euell is head and shoulders the better candidate and has a very good record with the under 23’s.
  • Options
    I’m not sure how this goes. Think nice guy Thomas has done a lot of nice things to earn his stripes so for that reason he probably won’t go down the emotive route. Could go for a Dane such as Laudrup or could be bold and try and get Wilder. I’m intrigued as to who will be advising him as. I doubt he’s even heard of the majority of faces being touted on here. 
  • Options
    I don’t get this TS going for a Dane stuff. He’s been living and working in the States for a couple of decades. Surely more likely to be a Yank.
  • Options
    I’m stick my two pennies worth in.

Jackson for me for the following reasons:

he knows the club inside out and is loved by the fans

he speaks very well and is clearly well respected by the players.

He’s young, hungry with a point to prove and former club captain. 

Curbs, Powell and Bowyer have been my favourite previous managers. All former players and first managerial jobs.

if not then I would be very happy with Wilder, Howe, Lampard, Powell or Michael Duff (I know some of them are unrealistic)

in TS we trust!
  • Options
    Top 10 List:

1. Danny Cowley (Out of work and will want a project amazing attention to detail)

2. Nathan Jones (Amazing job at Luton and did wonders with our under 23s attractive football)

3. Michael Beale (World Class Coach, technically and tactically develops players good step into management)

4. Jason Tindall (UEFA pro license, ex academy player played with Bowyer at senrab)

5. Johnnie Jackson/Jason Euell (Interim) 

6. Russell Martin (Good leader, doing a good job at MK Dons)

7. Michael Laudrup (Danish Connection being a head coach rather then a manager)

8. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Same as above)

9. Matty Taylor (Ex Charlton Player, management experience with Exeter)

10. Garry Monk (Out of work, plenty of champ experience)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t get this TS going for a Dane stuff. He’s been living and working in the States for a couple of decades. Surely more likely to be a Yank.

• Options
    We are (currently) 3rd division. Reality is we will get who we are given. 

We won’t all like him (I’m assuming TS won’t be as bold to appoint a female boss just yet) but we will soldier on. 

He wont meet everyone’s criteria.  

It should also be remembered that Bowyer wasn’t an obvious choice when he fist arrived as a part time coach. Not was there a huge outcry when we lost out on Chris Wilder as he was more unknown at that moment. 

It’s football. 
  • Options
    We are (currently) 3rd division. Reality is we will get who we are given. 

We won’t all like him (I’m assuming TS won’t be as bold to appoint a female boss just yet) but we will soldier on. 

He wont meet everyone’s criteria.  

It should also be remembered that Bowyer wasn’t an obvious choice when he fist arrived as a part time coach. Not was there a huge outcry when we lost out on Chris Wilder as he was more unknown at that moment. 

It’s football. 
    That’s the spirit
  • Options
    I doubt we signed ronnie Schwartz based on anything other than his nationality 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think it's a bit of a fallacy we've been playing with the shackles on. Certainly the last 3 or 4 games, but that was because we spent January and half of February trying to attack teams but all that meant was we were conceding 3 per match. Perhaps Bowyer knew the limitations of his team and was setting up accordingly...

This idea Bowyer has been a tactical disaster as well. 18 months ago, we were all lauding how well he and the team had adapted to the Championship and how he was setting us up differently every week to often successfully counteract teams that were better than us on paper. He's struggled to find the right formula this season, but it hasn't been for want of trying different tactics. If anything he's probably over thought it and over complicated it.

• Options
    New man will be Danishzzzzz
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    Top 10 List:

1. Danny Cowley (Out of work and will want a project amazing attention to detail)

2. Nathan Jones (Amazing job at Luton and did wonders with our under 23s attractive football)

3. Michael Beale (World Class Coach, technically and tactically develops players good step into management)

4. Jason Tindall (UEFA pro license, ex academy player played with Bowyer at senrab)

5. Johnnie Jackson/Jason Euell (Interim) 

6. Russell Martin (Good leader, doing a good job at MK Dons)

7. Michael Laudrup (Danish Connection being a head coach rather then a manager)

8. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Same as above)

9. Matty Taylor (Ex Charlton Player, management experience with Exeter)

10. Garry Monk (Out of work, plenty of champ experience)
    Good list, I wouldn’t complain about any of them.  Like the idea of Russell Martin.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!