Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Come on lads you all wanted Bowyer out surely you had thought that through and decided who could take on the job after?
    What pile in and say he has no experience ? I doubt JJ would argue with that.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    No word twisting going on SHG. I just think it's extremely unfair to dismiss Jackson in the way that you have done. Every good manager had to start somewhere.
    Jackson strikes me as another 'passion/get stuck in' manager that will get out-thought every week like Bowyer has done. 

I've seen nothing and heard nothing that would tell me any different. 
    Couldn’t be further from the truth. Unlike Bowyer, he’s always wanted to be a coach/manager. 

He started his own youth academy while still playing, took all of his badges and is currently going through the process of getting his UEFA pro licence. You only have to look at his Twitter and its full of tactical drill ideas from various teams around the world.

Very disrespectful for no reason to suggest Bowyer and Jackson get out-thought every week.
    Absolutely this. I'm fascinated that so many of our fans seem to have been attending our first team training sessions and have an inside line on on Jacko's shortcomings as a coach. How do you know this? And why is it a sign of a lack of ambition to appoint a rookie manager? All great managers are rookies when they start out. The last one was a rookie and he got us promoted. Powell was a rookie and he got us promoted, as was Curbs when he took over with Steve Gritt.

I've no idea if he's the right man for the job, and the same goes for Jason Euell. However, Sandgaard has invested as much as he could in the playing side within the constraints of the salary cap, he wants to get promoted and he will appoint whoever he thinks is best for the job. If he picks Jacko it'll be because Sandgaard thinks he's the likeliest to get us promoted, not because he's a cheap option.

Don’t remember our owner at those points in our history saying he has a plan for European football in ten years. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No word twisting going on SHG. I just think it's extremely unfair to dismiss Jackson in the way that you have done. Every good manager had to start somewhere.
    Jackson strikes me as another 'passion/get stuck in' manager that will get out-thought every week like Bowyer has done. 

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Unlike Bowyer, he’s always wanted to be a coach/manager. 

He started his own youth academy while still playing, took all of his badges and is currently going through the process of getting his UEFA pro licence. You only have to look at his Twitter and its full of tactical drill ideas from various teams around the world.

Very disrespectful for no reason to suggest Bowyer and Jackson get out-thought every week.
    Hardly been a tactical master class though has it?  
    So? That’s not a point anyone is making.

Suggesting they where so incompetent that they were out-thought every week is absolute waffle
    To suggest its incompetence is total waffle, which isn't the point anyone is making.

To suggest that they have been out thought would probably be true.  How many times this season have the opposition made made multiple half time subs and changes of formation? 

Its either out thought or plain wrong. 
  • Options
    Michael Beale for me. 

I’d like to see a tactically astute “coach”, as opposed to a “motivator”. Fits the bill of a relative unknown, but with great pedigree, who you could imagine being here a while and working in a higher league
    Probably get Ian Beale instead !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the people now wanting Beale heard of him before he said one thing nice about the club on Twitter?
    You have to wonder don’t you!
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    Top 10 List:

1. Danny Cowley (Out of work and will want a project amazing attention to detail)

2. Nathan Jones (Amazing job at Luton and did wonders with our under 23s attractive football)

3. Michael Beale (World Class Coach, technically and tactically develops players good step into management)

4. Jason Tindall (UEFA pro license, ex academy player played with Bowyer at senrab)

5. Johnnie Jackson/Jason Euell (Interim) 

6. Russell Martin (Good leader, doing a good job at MK Dons)

7. Michael Laudrup (Danish Connection being a head coach rather then a manager)

8. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Same as above)

9. Matty Taylor (Ex Charlton Player, management experience with Exeter)

10. Garry Monk (Out of work, plenty of champ experience)
    It won't be number 4, looks like he has the Sheffield United job in the bag and stabed Wilder in the back. 
  • Options
    Had the people now wanting Beale heard of him before he said one thing nice about the club on Twitter?
    Personally I had, through Rangers fans at work who rave about him. 

But does it matter? I’m sure most have heard of Campbell, Harris, Pulis, Jackett, etc all of whom would be a disaster 
  • Options
    I am struggling to think of many realistic options at the moment and wonder if it will be a left field appointment. 

Top of my head my choices in no particular order would be. 

Jackson 
    powell 
    ainsworth 
    Beale 
    cowley 
    Stendell 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Come on lads you all wanted Bowyer out surely you had thought that through and decided who could take on the job after?
    Not our choice though is it?  Like it wasn't our choice if he stayed or not, or yours. 

Pepe
    Klopp
    Or Brian Clough

Happy now? 
    Brian Clough?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:

Absolutely this. I'm fascinated that so many of our fans seem to have been attending our first team training sessions and have an inside line on on Jacko's shortcomings as a coach. How do you know this? And why is it a sign of a lack of ambition to appoint a rookie manager? All great managers are rookies when they start out. The last one was a rookie and he got us promoted. Powell was a rookie and he got us promoted, as was Curbs when he took over with Steve Gritt.

I've no idea if he's the right man for the job, and the same goes for Jason Euell. However, Sandgaard has invested as much as he could in the playing side within the constraints of the salary cap, he wants to get promoted and he will appoint whoever he thinks is best for the job. If he picks Jacko it'll be because Sandgaard thinks he's the likeliest to get us promoted, not because he's a cheap option.

Don’t remember our owner at those points in our history saying he has a plan for European football in ten years. 
    I didn't realise that we had to appoint our future Champions League-lifting manager immediately, and I have to say it seems a touch unrealistic to me that we'd be able to attract someone of that pedigree when we're mid-table in League 1. Which are the other clubs that have done that from our position? 

I'd be quite happy with someone to get us out of this division and then turn us into a contender in the Championship. Don't run before you can walk.

This. I really don’t understand why some feel the next appointment has to be the manager in 5/6 years. It would be lovely but like you say, small steps let’s concentrate on getting promotion first. 
    I think TS wants exactly that - and expect whomever comes in to be on a long contract 
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    Top 10 List:

1. Danny Cowley (Out of work and will want a project amazing attention to detail)

2. Nathan Jones (Amazing job at Luton and did wonders with our under 23s attractive football)

3. Michael Beale (World Class Coach, technically and tactically develops players good step into management)

4. Jason Tindall (UEFA pro license, ex academy player played with Bowyer at senrab)

5. Johnnie Jackson/Jason Euell (Interim) 

6. Russell Martin (Good leader, doing a good job at MK Dons)

7. Michael Laudrup (Danish Connection being a head coach rather then a manager)

8. Jon Dahl Tomasson (Same as above)

9. Matty Taylor (Ex Charlton Player, management experience with Exeter)

10. Garry Monk (Out of work, plenty of champ experience)
    Russell Martin is a great shout 
  • Options
    It has to be Cowleys for me! They’d come! It’s the right project, London club and a good owner! Someone I like who is in work is Russell Martin at MK Dons, best team I’ve seen us play this season. With a budget he would be very good. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Yep - read the posts and you will see plenty of viable candidates being mentioned 
  • Options
    Charlton connection. L1 promotion in his past. Probably played in Europe for a top team. Someone who can bring a 40% plus win rate. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The statement Thomas made saying he wanted to appoint a new man by the end of the week would seem to rule out any application process. It’s either that Thomas is already speaking with a chosen candidate and is finalising the deal or he’s going to appoint internally. Possibly the latter should the former fall through.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!