Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    Appointing Tony Pullis would certainly affect season ticket renewals!
  • Options
    Nigel Farage is available, local and would certainly unite the fanbase. 

It's about as likely as Eddie Howe tbf 😉
  • Options
    The quality of manager we get will depend on how well Sandgaard sells the club and his plan to get us to the upper echelons to potential candidates.

Whether the candidates believe it/think it's possible.

And more importantly (to them) what he's willing to pay and for how long.
  • Options
    Interesting how many on here who want Howe, would have lost their shit as Bournemouth fans, when the former captain got the job.

I’m not saying Jacko should get it, but it’s not a lack of ambition if he does 
  • Options
    I want someone who knows how to get us out of this goddam awful division 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    1st team coach at Rangers pitching for the job -

This would be an intriguing option if he's genuinely interested.

Very highly thought of at Rangers - could be the sort of young and progressive coach that Sandgaard is looking for. Also has a bit of a Charlton connection, says he trained with the CAFC academy until the age of 20/21.
  • Options
    @AllysArmy what say you?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options

This would be an intriguing option if he's genuinely interested.

Very highly thought of at Rangers - could be the sort of young and progressive coach that Sandgaard is looking for. Also has a bit of a Charlton connection, says he trained with the CAFC academy until the age of 20/21.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56298826
  • Options
    In my opinion it needs to be someone free of any history or connection to the club.

Obviously Wilder would be an amazing get but I don't see any chance of it happening, so I'd go for the Cowley's. I know they have some negative views around them but I think they're better than people realise.
  • Options
    I want someone long term, not an interim; who's going to play the youth when they're good enough and wants some attacking football. I don't get the negativity towards the Cowleys, I'd be happy with a 50% win rate I reckon.  I don't want Jackett, Hughes, or anyone like that: if we could get Wilder or Howe, yes but suspect they are not wanting to drop down. No problem with it being someone left field or European if they are singing from the same hymn sheet as Thomas has promised. 

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Jackson will get it I think. 
    Shouts for Wilder, Howe are just ridiculous. 
    I’d have anyone but the Cowleys. 
    Why would you not want a manager with a 50% win rate? You would rather have Les Reed or freyere or what ever his name is?
    They play some of the worst football you will see and his win ratio comes from League 2. If Thomas wants his premiership ambition to be matched he needs to aim a lot higher than the Cowleys.
    So he never managed in league 1 for Lincoln? He got promoted twice! That’s a good achievement.

we play the worst football I’ve seen Charlton play at the moment and aren’t getting promoted. 

Powell didn’t play great football and we got promoted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jackson is a legend but if he gets it then it’s zero ambition.
    Why the lol
    Because it’s silly and reactionary. You’re already setting yourself for disappointment.

If Jackson gets the gig full time, it’ll be on merit. Every realistic & experienced option at this level is going to have drawbacks.

The options that don’t have drawbacks aren’t realistic.
    Is that the same way Parkinson got it on merit?

Or do you mean judged on results like Parky?

Is there a manger anywhere that has managed any length of time that hasn't bad a bad patch or been sacked?  Pepe?

Even SAF got the sack.  Although he was just AF at the time. 

I’m not sure we’re disagreeing here.

SHG says if we give it to Jackson, it’ll be showing zero ambition.

I’m saying it wouldn’t be an automatic appointment and if Jackson gets it long term, it’s because of results he gets on the pitch as caretaker.

If TS was in charge during those years, I doubt Parkinson would’ve got the job full time.
    I mean that no manager, realistic or not, doesn't have draw backs.

Back on thread my first two choices would have been Cook and Mccarthy, both now unavailable.  I would be happy with the Cowleys (or is that Cowleies?) now.  Get promoted and stay up.

Statistical analysis, training ground improvements, investment in medical, expansion of the scouting network, "footballing DNA", restocking the 18-21 talent pool and all the good stuff takes time.  You can do all that and win games in the mean time. 

That's what all of us want isn't it? 
  • Options
    Michael Beale would have crazy potential, could be perfect long term solution! 

Wilder again would be  good , but like Howe- would he drop to this level? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Why trust TS?? - OK he is a successful businessman but knows little about L1 football, also I wouldn't trust Roddy who seems a shadow figure who Reading were pleased to loose . 
    I would rather have a new management team that has no previous links with the club,. but who I have no idea who would be best - just like TS
    It's a mess
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    ,By soapboxsam said:
    IR94 said:
    How about Carvalhal?  had a good couple of years at Sheff Wed and nearly kept Swansea up.

Why would he leave potentially champions league football with Braga for league 1?
    The champions league has nothing on the Farm pizza trophy 

Thomas Sandgaard is prepared to give the new manager Four seasons.
    Sauce?
    Just got to have a piece of that...
  • Options
    A name worth a mention - Simon Weaver at Harrogate. Just as an outside option 
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Read a article last week on how good of a coach he is. Players rave about his sessions. 
    Now that would be impressive if we got him in.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how the players respond negatively or positively tomorrow night.
    That will answer a lot of questions. I fail to believe the performance levels will be any worse than the last few months. 
  • Options
    Like the sound of Beale and if we can’t get Howe or Wilder (I know, I know) it’s the sort of leftfield  appointment I think we will see. As I said before, maybe a current PL number two?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!