Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Jackson is a legend but if he gets it then it’s zero ambition.
    Why the lol
  • edited March 2021
  • Michael Laudrup bookies early fav
    16/1 on SkyBet
    Is that the best price you have seen mate? 
    I haven’t really looked mate, I just knew he wasn’t early fav
  • Wilder or Howe
  • How about Carvalhal?  had a good couple of years at Sheff Wed and nearly kept Swansea up.

Why would he leave potentially champions league football with Braga for league 1?
  • I have just read on the Portsmouth FC, Evening News site that Pompey have been in talks with Daniel Stendel most of the day about their vacant managers job. However talks stalled this afternoon.

It then goes onto mention that Lee Bowyer has left Charlton, but Bowyer is expected to join Birmingham.

I am not sure whether the reason the talks have stalled is because Stedel stalled them.
    Possibly he has been approached by Thomas and wants to weigh up his options.
  • I have just read on the Portsmouth FC, Evening News site that Pompey have been in talks with Daniel Stendel most of the day about their vacant managers job. However talks stalled this afternoon.

It then goes onto mention that Lee Bowyer has left Charlton, but Bowyer is expected to join Birmingham.

I am not sure whether the reason the talks have stalled is because Stedel stalled them.
    Possibly he has been approached by Thomas and wants to weigh up his options.
    Pompey have only offered him a short term deal and he wants a longer commitment.
  • Sponsored links:

• IR94 said:
    How about Carvalhal?  had a good couple of years at Sheff Wed and nearly kept Swansea up.

Why would he leave potentially champions league football with Braga for league 1?
    The champions league has nothing on the Farm pizza trophy 
  • Wilder would be the ultimate statement of intent
    It would, but we could do with finding the next Wilder.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Jackson will get it I think. 
    Shouts for Wilder, Howe are just ridiculous. 
    I’d have anyone but the Cowleys. 
    Why would you not want a manager with a 50% win rate? You would rather have Les Reed or freyere or what ever his name is?
  • edited March 2021
    Jackson is a legend but if he gets it then it’s zero ambition.
    Why the lol
    Because it’s silly and reactionary. You’re already setting yourself for disappointment.

If Jackson gets the gig full time, it’ll be on merit. Every realistic & experienced option at this level is going to have drawbacks.

The options that don’t have drawbacks aren’t realistic.
    Is that the same way Parkinson got it on merit?

Or do you mean judged on results like Parky?

Is there a manger anywhere that has managed any length of time that hasn't bad a bad patch or been sacked?  Pepe?

Even SAF got the sack.  Although he was just AF at the time. 

• IR94 said:
    How about Carvalhal?  had a good couple of years at Sheff Wed and nearly kept Swansea up.

One step back for two steps forward. 
  • edited March 2021
    1st team coach at Rangers pitching for the job -

And highly regarded by Steven Gerrard 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    1st team coach at Rangers pitching for the job -

He'd be a fantastic appointment . Seems to be very very highly regarded as a coach. Someone I brought up a couple of weeks ago on one of the other Bowyer threads.
  • Tony pulis, need entertainment 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jackson is a legend but if he gets it then it’s zero ambition.
    Why the lol
    Because it’s silly and reactionary. You’re already setting yourself for disappointment.

If Jackson gets the gig full time, it’ll be on merit. Every realistic & experienced option at this level is going to have drawbacks.

The options that don’t have drawbacks aren’t realistic.
    Is that the same way Parkinson got it on merit?

Or do you mean judged on results like Parky?

Is there a manger anywhere that has managed any length of time that hasn't bad a bad patch or been sacked?  Pepe?

Even SAF got the sack.  Although he was just AF at the time. 

I’m not sure we’re disagreeing here.

SHG says if we give it to Jackson, it’ll be showing zero ambition.

I’m saying it wouldn’t be an automatic appointment and if Jackson gets it long term, it’s because of results he gets on the pitch as caretaker.

If TS was in charge during those years, I doubt Parkinson would’ve got the job full time.
  • Tony pulis, need entertainment 
    If entertainment for you is long throws and sticking pins in your eyes

I can help with the latter for free
  • "Get a manager with a strong tactical system and a shortlist of players ready to build the squad around. 

None of this JJ/Euell nonsense. Will end up getting found out again like Bowyer did."

Someone that knows the league would be helpful as they'd know the players to get us out of it. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Jackson will get it I think. 
    Shouts for Wilder, Howe are just ridiculous. 
    I’d have anyone but the Cowleys. 
    Why would you not want a manager with a 50% win rate? You would rather have Les Reed or freyere or what ever his name is?
    They play some of the worst football you will see and his win ratio comes from League 2. If Thomas wants his premiership ambition to be matched he needs to aim a lot higher than the Cowleys.
  • IR94 said:

The champions league has nothing on the Farm pizza trophy 

Thomas Sandgaard is prepared to give the new manager Four seasons.
    ..and lots of dough.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!