Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    I can't be the only one who is amazed by the amount of Chris Wilder suggestions, as if it would be in any way remotely possible? 
    You're not the only one.
    No way a Premier League manager will drop back down to our level.
    Hes an out of work manager atm.
    Is that really a realistic argument? I'm out of work so may as well go Charlton.
    We are L1 and an average squad at this level. Wilder would be great but he is gonna be wanted by clubs bigger than us in my opinion 
    Almost certainly not, but I'd rather we try punch up and fail, than not try. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    How the feck did Pardew get in the running. Quite simply the worst manager we have ever had, a complete charlatan and a complete cock.
    Don’t forget a shit dancer.

*inserts gif of his moves*
  • Options
    At least one of the Cowleys studied at the University of Greenwich. I reckon they'd come here in a heartbeat if offered
  • Options
    Michael Laudrup bookies early fav
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    At least one of the Cowleys studied at the University of Greenwich. I reckon they'd come here in a heartbeat if offered
    I feel like the 7/1 with Skybet is seriously tempting.  Seems to tick a lot of boxes this move.
  • Options
    Purely based on him and TS being Danish. I think it’s rubbish tbh.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Nigel Clough?!?! Whaaaaa
    I would take him because he has proven qualities but for him to join we would have to relocate the Valley to somewhere along the A52!
    That is a sticking point but I just wonder whether his children are now grown up and if so whether Thomas could persuade him to come with him on our journey. 
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited March 2021
    Leuth said:
    I feel like the 7/1 with Skybet is seriously tempting.  Seems to tick a lot of boxes this move.
    One of them  lives near Erith ive been told, most likely out of the current rumours IMO
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Leuth said:

• Options
    I would like to see a young ambitious lower division manager who knows the division and has good contacts in the loan market.So how about Gareth Ainsworth who is a great communicator or Michael Duff at Cheltenham who has built an impressive team with no resources.They will probably have to work with aDirector of Football I.e.Ged Roddy

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he doesn’t find his Plan A this week as he mentioned.  Then plan B (interim) should be Jason Euell for me.

He’s a charlton man, and worst case scenario we finish mid table and he gets some vital experience before going back to the under 21s.
    I think plan B could be almost anyone already at the club as this season is already over. 

But I seriously think that they already have at least 1 definite in mind. Wouldn't surprise me if they have already had talks with a couple of potential candidates before today.
  • Options
    Jose Riga? Third time lucky perhaps?

• Options
    Coleman? I’m not suggesting it as a good move but he’s knowing about on most of the betting for other jobs. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We'll probably get Pardew.
  • Options
    More chance of Billy Wilder than Chris Wilder. 

Funny that the successful managers of the modern era have all been sort of accidents. Curbishley, Powell, Bowyer. All first-time managers, two because they happened to have been on the premises at the time, all with decent playing records for us. Impossible to use that as a recruitment model, of course. So I have no idea who it should be. Hope that's helpful. 
  • Options
    More chance of Billy Wilder than Chris Wilder. 

Funny that the successful managers of the modern era have all been sort of accidents. Curbishley, Powell, Bowyer. All first-time managers, two because they happened to have been on the premises at the time, all with decent playing records for us. Impossible to use that as a recruitment model, of course. So I have no idea who it should be. Hope that's helpful. 
    Lennie Lawrence didn't play for us, but his path to managing us was like that of Curbs and Bowyer, being around at the right time and grabbing his chance
  • Options
    Any one mentioned Allan Simonson yet. He is Danish and ex Charlton?
  • Options
    I don't see an outstanding candidate out there right now.

Howe looks the part, but he seemed to have a chemistry with Bournemouth. I'm not convinced he could reproduce that elsewhere, and didn't really shine when I tried at Burnley.

Wilder, let's not forget, is under contract to a Premier League club. Even if that changed, I'm sure he would have numerous offers from other clubs higher up the food chain than us. 

Gareth Ainsworth could maybe be tempted away from Wycombe, and he has worked wonders for them. But how would he cope with much higher expectations, even if the available resources are higher too? Does he have the imagination to cultivate a style of play that the owner has said he wants for our club? To a lesser extent maybe, much the same applies to the Cowleys.

As for Curbs, the great man has been out of the game too long to come back now, even if he would want too.

JJ seems too nice a guy to have that ruthless streak that's sometimes needed to be the one with whom the buck stops.

As for the rest, you know what to expect from them, and that's the problem.
  • Options
    Curbs n Gritt.
  • Options
    I personally really like the football MK Dons play, and if you look at their stats they dominate possession in pretty much every game they play.

I was thinking if the manager had access to funds and some better players he could blow this league apart. But then I saw that MK Dons may have one of the highest budgets in the league, so maybe he's reached his peak at what he can do!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    16/1 on SkyBet
  • Options

Not the daftest idea I've heard of.
  • Options
    We do have the possibility of selling the dream/project. TS has his head screwed on and realises its a marathon not a sprint. I think if there was a chance of getting either Wilder or Howe, I would prefer Wilder. 

More realistically, I would seriously consider Jason Euell, Curbs as Assistant with Steve Brown and Jacko doing the coaching. Thats not due to the Charlton connection but Euell being hungry and biding his time to get into that position whilst doing a good job with the U23s. 

He fits the model of bringing through the youth aswell & would certainly fit the long term approach.
  • Options

Not the daftest idea I've heard of.
    No, that was Pardew. Riga's close, though. 

I suppose Peeters, Fraeye, Luzon, Slade, Gobbo would all be dafter...
  • Options
    We do have the possibility of selling the dream/project. TS has his head screwed on and realises its a marathon not a sprint. I think if there was a chance of getting either Wilder or Howe, I would prefer Wilder. 

More realistically, I would seriously consider Jason Euell, Curbs as Assistant with Steve Brown and Jacko doing the coaching. Thats not due to the Charlton connection but Euell being hungry and biding his time to get into that position whilst doing a good job with the U23s. 

He fits the model of bringing through the youth aswell & would certainly fit the long term approach.
    Curbs as number two.......erm let me think
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Jackson will get it I think. 
    Shouts for Wilder, Howe are just ridiculous. 
    I’d have anyone but the Cowleys. 
  • Options
    16/1 on SkyBet
    Is that the best price you have seen mate? 
  • Options
    Bob pieters till the end of the season and then guy Luzon if he is available long term.
  • Options
    Russell Martin 20/1.  Excellent young coach, got MK Dons playing lovely football just not particularly got the resources at hand.  I wouldn’t be disappointed with that personally.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!