Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Jackson 9/4
    curbs 5/1
    cowley 10/1
    powell 10/1
    Jacket 12/1
    wilder12/1
    harris 14/1
    appleton 16/1
    poyet 20/1o
    pardew 20/1

Suprised that euell isn’t in there
    Diego Poyet? 
    No silly! Gus!

Diego is 22/1
  • Options
    i really don't get the dislike of the Cowleys.  They have a win rate of over 50% across 650 games!!
    They play absolutely awful football, which is why they got sacked from Huddersfield.
    At the end of the day, you can play awful football and win or you can play pretty football and lose. If those are the only two options, I know which I’d pick. Norwich tried to play pretty football in the Premier League last season and it didn’t do them any good.

We’re in League One, we’re not going to be playing total football any time soon no matter who comes in.
    Norwich seem to be doing just fine from where I’m sitting. Do you think Brentford will change their methodology upon promotion?  

This is an appointment for the long term, not a quick fix promotion. It’s not a choice of pretty football and losing or bad football and winning. 

Knowing how Sandgaard likes football to be played it seems very unlikely that he’ll keen on the Cowley’s.
    I made my point badly. What I was trying to get at is that fans generally forget what the quality of football is like if you’re winning. Same goes the other way, you can play the nicest football on planet earth but if you can’t stop losing the fans will quickly be on your back.

Think the whole thing is a bit of a myth to be honest, apart from a few extreme examples.
    I know what you’re saying mate, we weren’t exactly Barcelona under Chris Powell’s title winning season and that was still some of the most enjoyable football I’ve ever watched. 

My point is solely to do with the Cowley’s. They found a methodology that worked in the lower leagues and I’m not saying it wouldn’t be successful in League One (they’d be drooling at the thought of Stockley up top) - it’s when you get past League One where things start to break down.

As a long term appointment I don’t think it fits the mould, especially the way Sandgaard wants his team to play. 
  • Options
    A manager who buys into the ethos of the club, would understand why Tracy Leaburn put her neck on the line because she cared, why the fans threw pigs and undertook a funeral march against Duchatelet. That is part of my criteria for a manager.

Any employee can take the money and do what they always do, either successfully or not, but as a club we need someone who will buy into the CAFC ethos embodied by Curbs, Powell and yes, Bowyer. There is no way that the Cowley Brothers would do that any more than Karl Robinson did.

Those that have played for the club and seen us through the  bad times should have a head start in the loyalty stakes otherwise we will become a management revolving door like  other clubs. We are not other clubs. I believe that TS understands that and was part of the reason he bought the club. That should sway his decision.

When employing people I have always looked for the commitment to the company that takes people the extra mile and makes the company successful.
    That’s all fluff. What is most important is that the manager gets results. I really couldn’t give a toss if he’s never heard about our history. Whoever it is will be gone at some point anyway. We need a winner not a sentimental loser. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I can't be the only one who is amazed by the amount of Chris Wilder suggestions, as if it would be in any way remotely possible? 
    You're not the only one.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    cafctom said:
    I can't be the only one who is amazed by the amount of Chris Wilder suggestions, as if it would be in any way remotely possible? 
    Nope it's silly, but the more people are mentioning him, the more I'm talking myself into it being possible, even though I'm fully aware it's daft.
  • Options
    A manager who buys into the ethos of the club, would understand why Tracy Leaburn put her neck on the line because she cared, why the fans threw pigs and undertook a funeral march against Duchatelet. That is part of my criteria for a manager.

Any employee can take the money and do what they always do, either successfully or not, but as a club we need someone who will buy into the CAFC ethos embodied by Curbs, Powell and yes, Bowyer. There is no way that the Cowley Brothers would do that any more than Karl Robinson did.

Those that have played for the club and seen us through the  bad times should have a head start in the loyalty stakes otherwise we will become a management revolving door like  other clubs. We are not other clubs. I believe that TS understands that and was part of the reason he bought the club. That should sway his decision.

When employing people I have always looked for the commitment to the company that takes people the extra mile and makes the company successful.
    That’s all fluff. What is most important is that the manager gets results. I really couldn’t give a toss if he’s never heard about our history. Whoever it is will be gone at some point anyway. We need a winner not a sentimental loser. 
    People said the same about Chris Powell when he joined, and Lee Bowyer when he joined......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    You're not the only one.
    No way a Premier League manager will drop back down to our level.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    You're not the only one.
    The blokes out of work. Of course it’s possible. 
    exactly, he ain't getting a prem job anytime soon.....
  • Options
    cafctom said:

People said the same about Chris Powell when he joined, and Lee Bowyer when he joined......
    And where has that led us ? Ultimately?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    You're not the only one.
    I don’t think he’s hard up for cash by any means. Probably got a nice payout from the Blades and can sit pretty until Newcastle need a new manager in October/November.
  • Options
    Well.....He came close to joining before has spoken highly of the club so why would it not be a possibility now 

a club with ambition who he might see as a project i wldnt rule it out
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Sheffield Utd were owned by a Saudi Prince and I don't think Wilder was happy with how much they were spending though, surely they are much richer than Sandgaard is?

I get the clip about him talking about the Charlton job, but surely the point is how much his stock has risen since then, he's not still coming off the Northampton job.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    cafctom said:
    You're not the only one.
    To be fair, the discussion is about who people would like to see. Not who will we end up with. 

Depends how much money TS has to throw at it. Kevin Keegan went to Fulham because they had a big budget and something similar might attract a "Name"

Or TS might prefer to go with someone cheaper and perhaps a little more hungry (like Roland did with LB). 

Chris Wilder might fancy getting straight back in. There is a chance (probably small in his case) that a spell out of the game means you get forgotten about. Do jobs like the Charlton job crop up that often? On the face of it....good owner, good ground, good crowds, should be a good budget, good youth products etc etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    You're not the only one.
    Agree. Look how hard it is to get back into the Prem as a British (and let’s face it, uncompromising, no frills) coach. 
    So he’s then looking at Championship teams. At this time of the season? Hmmm.
    It’s a hard sell for Thomas but if he’s promising financial clout in terms of salary and budget then certainly not impossible. 

• Options
    I think TS will want a someone in which signals his intent for where he wants the club to be. 

It won't be Wilder though, he's linked with Celtic, he won't be dropping back to L1

• Options

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    cafctom said:
    You're not the only one.
    To be fair, the discussion is about who people would like to see. Not who will we end up with. 

Depends how much money TS has to throw at it. Kevin Keegan went to Fulham because they had a big budget and something similar might attract a "Name"

Or TS might prefer to go with someone cheaper and perhaps a little more hungry (like Roland did with LB). 
    In that case I'd like Klopp.

Surely we'd be better discussing realistic options?
  • Options
    Can't believe Chris Powell is a serious suggestion, got a lot of time for Powell but he left us 7 years ago and hasn't done anything in his managerial career since to suggest he would be a success here. 
    Bang on 100%
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's Wilder for me of the current top 5
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!