Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

1535455565759»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Like others I’ve become a convert and see Adkins as an improvement on Bowyer. He seems a positive guy and hopefully with the right backing can bring some good players in. He focusses a lot on fitness which is key to getting out of this league. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Will be announced today 
    Heard that last night as well
    Heard it yesterday afternoon. My source was the CharltonLife forum. 

Clever. You can not actually hear anything on a message board though. 
    Never used screen reader software then? 
  • Options
    My Saints supporting mate has a lot of time for Adkins - says they played good expansive football under him - he admits that the team that got out of Lge 1 under him was way too good for that division, and the reason for that was because Adkins was given a good budget + he had some very good players to promote from the youth team - says his sacking was a bit of a shock, and reckons he should have been given more respect by Saints board, given what he had achieved 

The video posted earlier by someone where he is interviewed by Saints has made me warm to him a bit more - certainly he comes across as intelligent and sincere 
  • Options

Nigel Adkins has all the right credentials; I suggested him the day before he was listed by the bookies. Apart from his success with promotions, he is a ‘thinker’ - which would be a welcome shock to the system in SE7.

There is not a shred of evidence that Jackson has the vision, authority or knowledge to make an effective manager. He has steered the club to two relegations: first as team captain, then as assistant manager. He was coaching the defence while we leaked goals. And wasn’t he in charge of set-pieces in training? In which bygone year did we last surprise the opponents with a clever free-kick?

Sandgaard should clear out the coaching staff, apart from Jason Euell. Talk of ‘the Charlton family’ is just sentimental guff. The family is dysfunctional, feckless – which is why we are drifting around in the third division.

• Options
    MattF said:
    So sensible. For those believing we should try to replicate the Southampton model (the one Les Reed put in place by the way), this is what they do when it comes to managers. They have a shortlist ready and waiting based on the club's playing philosophy. 

As for Adkins, there's no doubt that all Charlton fans will back and support him but there's nothing wrong with wanting a different option. I'm undecided really but certainly open to the idea of Adkins. Can't argue too much with his record and always remember his sides trying to play positive football. 
  • Options
    Lordflashheart 
    ...as because Adkins was given a good budget + he had some very good players to promote from the youth team...
    Indeed, Let's carry on ticking those boxes  <3<3<3 (Reza)
  • Options
    Adkins might be a great shout, actually. 
  • Options
    JJ or curbs. 
  • Options
    I can just imagine a frantic phone call from Thomas to Ged

"Ged, tell Pardew we have changed our mind, and whoever the fuck Nads is get him on the phone, we need to talk"  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having slept on it - my preference is still Johnnie Jackson, but I agree that Adkins would be an improvement on Bowyer. The players will at least appreciate the efforts Adkins would make to try and get their confidence back. 
  • Options
    Danny Cowley initially until the end of the season with Portsmouth...

Unless thats why we didnt want him (as its a Cowley clause) I cant see how he'd have been first choice as he surely cant be choosing short term at Portsmouth over long term here

Strange why Pompey only want a short term deal

On Quest last night they showed their fixture list, and on paper it's much easier than ours with Ipswich the only Top 10 team they have to play. Potentially a great opportunity to get a playoff place, but also a high level of expectation
    I think it's sensible. Cowley has a mixed record. I imagine they have an option to extend at the end of the season if they want to. 
  • Options
    Love Taylor, hate Taylor, Love Grant, Hate Grant, Love Bowyer, Hate Bowyer.

Twitter is a platform for may inadequate children and "adults"

Never been on Twitter and never will.

Not including young and old who try to reach out with kindness and good grace on twitter but why use it if it's toxic ? 
  • Options
    Another thing to like about Adkins is his success with Southampton came after Pardew had failed with the same set of players. 
  • Options
    JJ has to assess the situation as he sees fit of course. But who does he think we be more helpful to help him reach his goal of becoming a well rounded successful football manager? Someone like Bowyer or someone like Adkins?

I would say Bowyer is still very much learning himself.

Adkins is very much in the Nigel Pearson kind of mould and I know Chris Powell had nothing but praise for the way he was treated and the things he learned under Pearson prior to coming to us.
  • Options

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!