Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    At least with a new manager we might take the FA Cup more seriously. I hated Bowyers disrespect of the competition.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That response came from this tweet 

Family pack.......The Cowleys??

I'm reading too much into it aren't I??
    Yes
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    ozaddick said:
    More here on NA. 

https://youtu.be/jfnwFaH4O5U

It's half hour long but does go into a bit more detail on his philosophy and attributes. 

Again, for me, he's a bloody good fit. 
    After watching that I’m now a complete convert
    For or against his appointment mate?
  • Options
    Oh well, 1/12 on skybet, why don't they just bloody well announce it ffs
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think Thomas will want to do it when he arrives in the country.
  • Options
    At least with a new manager we might take the FA Cup more seriously. I hated Bowyers disrespect of the competition.
    Totally agree with that
  • Options
    SkyBet

Nigel Adkins 1/12
    Johnnie Jackson 16/1
    Michael Laudrup 18/1
    Alan Curbishley 20/1
    Chris Wilder 20/1

• Options
    Scoham said:

That response came from this tweet 

Family pack.......The Cowleys??

I'm reading too much into it aren't I??
    Keeping in the family - Jacko and Curbs?
  • Options
    There are some things that'll never change

Death, taxes, Charlton being shite in cup competitions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enough, whenever that is, but get it done and dusted if that is the decision.
  • Options
    Just announce it now because of the Bookies odds?!
  • Options
    Not sure on Adkins but if he comes here he will have my 100% backing
    I’m in the same boat as you ... just hope it’s doesn’t sink
  • Options
    Fair enough, whenever that is, but get it done and dusted if that is the decision.
    It probably is 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Just announce it now because of the Bookies odds?!
    Frustration that's all
  • Options
    That is a very strange or perhaps cryptic image of Family Pack Weetabix to post though. Wish I was good at seeing the meaning. 
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    Seen quite a lot of negativity surrounding Adkins, esp on Twitter with a lot of focus on his tenure at hull. Was he not the guy who took Southampton from league 1 to the premier league...?

At Hull, Adkins was having to work under the ownership of the Allams. I’ve got a couple of mates who are Hull City to the bone and they despise them for what they’ve done to their club. From the admittedly little bit I know about Adkins it seems he had too much integrity to work under such wreckers.

He also did a great job at Hull. 20th to 13th, whilst working under the Allams. No idea how anyone can be negative about his time there, Hull fans were gutted to see him go
  • Options
    That is a very strange or perhaps cryptic image of Family Pack Weetabix to post though. Wish I was good at seeing the meaning. 
    Anything to do with the "Atkins" diet as that joke seems to be doing the rounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really don't get all the negativity that I am reading on here.

The reality is we are a League 1 team, playing awful football, that is currently hanging onto the last Play Off spot by our finger nails.

On Tuesday night for the first 30 minutes Bristol Rovers totally outplayed us. We went 0-2 down and it really should have been 0-4 down before Charlton woke up and snatched a win from the jaws of defeat.

All of the teams fighting for promotion from this awful division are changing managers. Four of our rivals have changed managers in the past 3 months.

Sunderland - Phil Parkinson out, Lee Johnson in.
    Doncaster - Darren Moore out, Andy Butler in.
    Ipswich - Paul Lambert out, Paul Cook in.
    Portsmouth - Kenny Jacket out, Danny Cowley in.

Based on the choices made by our competitors. I would pick Nigel Adkins over any of those managers above.
    Possibly Paul Cook if he had been available, but he wasn't.

Let's get behind Thomas Sangaard and back him in his choice of our new manager. 

And Darren Moore & Paul Cook have got off to shocking starts, no new manager bounce there.
  • Options
    Anything to do with the "Atkins" diet as that joke seems to be doing the rounds.

• Options
    I didn’t link anything to the fact it was a family pack. More the sense that it’s a pack with more in it than usual, which is what he implies is needed for today once it is announced. 

Unless Cawley is using Weetabix as his new fish image 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Charlton fans on Twitter make me want to want to walk into the sea. 
    I agree.  It's a fucking toxic cesspit on there sometimes
  • Options

Is that Brighton fans?  Turned them down didn't he? 
  • Options
    well, Weetabix is full of carbs so entirely inappropriate for the Atkins Diet.
    For what it's worth.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thanks for Sharing Ozaddick.
    Enjoyed seeing and hearing his character shine through. 
    Amazing how being born the other side of the Mersey makes a difference in his accent. Robinson has the grating Scouse where Nads has a mellow Birkenhead sound.

Some serious talent in that Southampton team with 5 of them going on to be England internationals. Lambert, Shaw, Chamberlain, Lallana and Ward-Prowse in the various clips shown. 

• Options
    well, Weetabix is full of carbs so entirely inappropriate for the Atkins Diet.
    For what it's worth.
    I have no idea what the Atkins diet consists of, just a wild stab in the dark.
  • Options
    Thanks for Sharing Ozaddick.
    Enjoyed seeing and hearing his character shine through. 
    Amazing how being born the other side of the Mersey makes a difference in his accent. Robinson has the grating Scouse where Nads have a mellow Birkenhead sound.

Some serious talent in that Southampton team with 5 of them going on to be England internationals. Lambert, Shaw, Chamberlain, Lallana and Ward-Prowse in the various clips shown. 

I've not watched it yet but I doubt it was Ward-Prowse unless he's much older than I thought.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!