Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That is a very strange or perhaps cryptic image of Family Pack Weetabix to post though. Wish I was good at seeing the meaning. 
    Anything to do with the "Atkins" diet as that joke seems to be doing the rounds.

Is that Brighton fans?  Turned them down didn't he? 
    It is yeah, think there was a bit of a rilvalry because Adkins said “Brighton can be promoted if they can keep up with us” or something at some point during the 10/11 league one season that Brighton went on to win
  • Options
    Seen quite a few posters referring to how well he did at Southampton, taking them from league one to the premier league in consecutive seasons. I've no doubt that's caught Sandgaard's eye too but the achievement looks slightly less impressive when you consider their team had:

Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Morgan Schneiderlin, Lee Barnard, Jason Puncheon, Jose Fonte.

Karel Fraeye would've probably got that team promoted. 
     You're making it sound like they were household names before he signed them.
    They really weren't. Lallana and oxlade Chamberlain came through the youth system. I think they signed Lambert shortly after they were relegated. Schnedelin was signed from pretty much obscurity, playing a handful of times for a Strasbourg B side.

If anything,the players you mention enhance his reputation. Not afraid to bring youth through and help them excel. Good eye for a player home or abroad. He moulded a lot of these players.
    Lambert, Scheiderlin and Jose Fonte all cost around £1m

Lambert was bought by Pardew the previous season, when he was the hottest property in the lower leagues
    Fonte was also bought by Pardew. He would go on to win Euro 2016 with Portugal
    Schneiderlin was bought when Southampton were still in the Championship. He had played at all youth levels for France when Southampton bought in
    Lallana was a regular in the Championship before they were relegated and had played around 100 games before Adkins took over

Yes Adkins managed and developed that squad well, but for L1 he had some ridiculously good players, far better than what we have now, or indeed  the ones Powell had in 2011/12. None of Powell's players would go on to play at such a high level.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Charlton fans on Twitter make me want to want to walk into the sea. 
    *Into a high speed train 
  • Options
    Charlton Twitter is ground zero for pencil necked keyboard warriors.  They actually have decided they hate bowyer now and wishing all sorts on him, what a weird bunch.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Charlton fans on Twitter make me want to want to walk into the sea. 
    *Into a high speed train 
    *Into a blast furnace
  • Options
    Charlton Twitter is ground zero for pencil necked keyboard warriors.  They actually have decided they hate bowyer now and wishing all sorts on him, what a weird bunch.
    Can we all agree that it's twitter in general that attracts individuals like who are like this. It is certainly not a Charlton only phenomenon. 
  • Options
    Social media is great but also horrific, it is a breeding ground for animosity and angst. People on places like Twitter seem to always go one further than the previous comment, shame they don't always think before posting.
  • Options
    Song about Akin and Adkins?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not surprising though given our form a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    Adkins all day long then
  • Options
    Sorry, but we can’t have a Nigel as our manager. 
  • Options
    Just seen JJ on Quest after our game last night.
    I was honestly happy for TS to decide who he wanted for our manager.
    But feck me, I will fight Bows if he takes JJ, I mean it 😩😩😩😩😩
    Please can I be your "wing man" ? :-:smile:
    You’re Charlton’s First Lady, if you tell him he can’t go, he couldn’t say no 😳
  • Options
    Pretty certain Bowyer would have been aware of this and came to the conclusion he just wasn't part of Sandgaards plans.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That response came from this tweet 

Family pack.......The Cowleys??

I'm reading too much into it aren't I??
    That is a reference to Nigel Adkins's attacking the day tweet yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Cowley initially until the end of the season with Portsmouth...

Unless thats why we didnt want him (as its a Cowley clause) I cant see how he'd have been first choice as he surely cant be choosing short term at Portsmouth over long term here

Strange why Pompey only want a short term deal

On Quest last night they showed their fixture list, and on paper it's much easier than ours with Ipswich the only Top 10 team they have to play. Potentially a great opportunity to get a playoff place, but also a high level of expectation
  • Options
    Succession planning is key to any business. Whether it be LB leaving of his own accord or something happening (results or bust up) making his position untenable then there should always be back ups.
  • Options
    Thanks for Sharing Ozaddick.
    Enjoyed seeing and hearing his character shine through. 
    Amazing how being born the other side of the Mersey makes a difference in his accent. Robinson has the grating Scouse where Nads have a mellow Birkenhead sound.

Some serious talent in that Southampton team with 5 of them going on to be England internationals. Lambert, Shaw, Chamberlain, Lallana and Ward-Prowse in the various clips shown. 

I've not watched it yet but I doubt it was Ward-Prowse unless he's much older than I thought.

Ward-Prowse and Shaw were shown when it moved on five years from the team in League 1.

I remember the 17 year old Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain getting injured down the Jimmy Seed end and being out injured for a couple of months before returning to score a couple of cracking goals for the saints.
  • Options
    At least with a new manager we might take the FA Cup more seriously. I hated Bowyers disrespect of the competition.
    Have to say this isn’t exactly at the top of my priority list...
  • Options
    I think that last tweet from RC puts JJ back in the frame. "an easy decision in no time"
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Seen quite a few posters referring to how well he did at Southampton, taking them from league one to the premier league in consecutive seasons. I've no doubt that's caught Sandgaard's eye too but the achievement looks slightly less impressive when you consider their team had:

Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Morgan Schneiderlin, Lee Barnard, Jason Puncheon, Jose Fonte.

Karel Fraeye would've probably got that team promoted. 
    Many believe we have a team that's excellent for this level, so... 
    Good enough to get promoted at this level is what many have said.
  • Options
    I think that last tweet from RC puts JJ back in the frame. "an easy decision in no time"
    Or it means he already had who ever it is on his list, picked up the phone and he said yes. 
  • Options
    TS always says the right thing and with the right tone. 

I really wish we get a Manager who can talk proper and bring some enjoyment back to games. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!