Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• I dread if Jacko gets it there will be  a certain section of the fan base that wants him gone before he even begins , I take it he will be in charge tomorrow has that been confirmed ?
  • i really don't get the dislike of the Cowleys.  They have a win rate of over 50% across 650 games!!
    They play absolutely awful football, which is why they got sacked from Huddersfield.
    At the end of the day, you can play awful football and win or you can play pretty football and lose. If those are the only two options, I know which I’d pick. Norwich tried to play pretty football in the Premier League last season and it didn’t do them any good.

We’re in League One, we’re not going to be playing total football any time soon no matter who comes in.
    Norwich seem to be doing just fine from where I’m sitting. Do you think Brentford will change their methodology upon promotion?  

This is an appointment for the long term, not a quick fix promotion. It’s not a choice of pretty football and losing or bad football and winning. 

Knowing how Sandgaard likes football to be played it seems very unlikely that he’ll keen on the Cowley’s.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    i really don't get the dislike of the Cowleys.  They have a win rate of over 50% across 650 games!!
    They play absolutely awful football, which is why they got sacked from Huddersfield.
    That isn't why they got sacked at all
    Wasn't it because they didn't agree to players being sold under them, like Grant?
  • I keep reading that TS is a shrewd man and in Thomas we trust. Hold on people... ! Thomas has the same level of experience in appointing a First Team coach with Premiership ambitions as I have. 

It is his club and he is, it would appear a shrewd, calculating and astute business man, but I hope to god those are transferable skills in appointing what he claims to be the Charlton Manager for the long term. 

The fact he says an appointment is imminent worries me a little. Exactly how long has he known LB was going (either relieved of duty or resignation). God forbid by the weekend, we are looking at the next Karl Freye. 
  • I keep reading that TS is a shrewd man and in Thomas we trust. Hold on people... ! Thomas has the same level of experience in appointing a First Team coach with Premiership ambitions as I have. 

It is his club and he is, it would appear a shrewd, calculating and astute business man, but I hope to god those are transferable skills in appointing what he claims to be the Charlton Manager for the long term. 

The fact he says an appointment is imminent worries me a little. Exactly how long has he known LB was going (either relieved of duty or resignation). God forbid by the weekend, we are looking at the next Karl Freye. 
    Ged Roddy will pick the next manager, Thomas will take the glory and announce it.
  • Frank Lampard. 
  • Who I want, of course, bears no relation to who we have a chance of getting but of the current people out of a job, Howe or Wilder and of those in a job, Rowett or Moyes or whoever's in charge of the US women's team.
  • Sponsored links:

• i really don't get the dislike of the Cowleys.  They have a win rate of over 50% across 650 games!!
    How many points did Huddersfield have when they took over? Where were they in the league? Where did they finish?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    i really don't get the dislike of the Cowleys.  They have a win rate of over 50% across 650 games!!
    That isn't why they got sacked at all
    Wasn't it because they didn't agree to players being sold under them, like Grant?
    That's their angle.  The truth is more they were brought in to keep them up. That's it. Ruthless and unethical but it is what it is.

The plan was always to get a "coach" not a manager in the summer. 
    At the end of the day, you can play awful football and win or you can play pretty football and lose. If those are the only two options, I know which I’d pick. Norwich tried to play pretty football in the Premier League last season and it didn’t do them any good.

We’re in League One, we’re not going to be playing total football any time soon no matter who comes in.
    Norwich seem to be doing just fine from where I’m sitting. Do you think Brentford will change their methodology upon promotion?  

This is an appointment for the long term, not a quick fix promotion. It’s not a choice of pretty football and losing or bad football and winning. 

Knowing how Sandgaard likes football to be played it seems very unlikely that he’ll keen on the Cowley’s.
    I made my point badly. What I was trying to get at is that fans generally forget what the quality of football is like if you’re winning. Same goes the other way, you can play the nicest football on planet earth but if you can’t stop losing the fans will quickly be on your back.

Think the whole thing is a bit of a myth to be honest, apart from a few extreme examples.
  • Yes, let's hope the skills are transferable - I suspect they are. Bowyer didn't want Jackson so it's right that he gets a chance on Tuesday and should be considered as one of the candidates, hopefully in a proper selection process that doesn't have to be done by the weekend. With the number of games in hand over us that our neighbours in the table have a playoff appearance is 50% or so. If Jackson can get us there he deserves consideration. But this marks the real start of the TS regime and we are fortunate that it is him making the call and not the charlatans we have had in the recent past.
  • Why exactly would Gary Rowett jump ship at Millwall ? In any case I don’t think he’s that popular with the Millwall fans. 
  • the Cowley's are still for me living off that cup run, they blew the National League away with the money made on that run, and carried on into League 2 with it. I thought they were very meh at Huddersfield, and I just don't see how they fit 1) the way Sandgaard has indicated he wants to play and 2) how Charlton fans expect a Charlton team to play. 

Sandgaard quotes on how the appointment is important for a few years should tell enough that they aren't the answer. 
  • Bailey said:
    How the feck did Pardew get in the running. Quite simply the worst manager we have ever had, a complete charlatan and a complete cock.
    Who said he is in the running?
  • edited March 2021
    How many points did Huddersfield have when they took over? Where were they in the league? Where did they finish?
    Huddersfield’s form was terrible before they took over and despite losing their first few they accrued enough points over 6 games to keep them in the League. Despite that, they were sacked as they didn’t fit with the clubs philosophy of attacking football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    the Cowley's are still for me living off that cup run, they blew the National League away with the money made on that run, and carried on into League 2 with it. I thought they were very meh at Huddersfield, and I just don't see how they fit 1) the way Sandgaard has indicated he wants to play and 2) how Charlton fans expect a Charlton team to play. 

Sandgaard quotes on how the appointment is important for a few years should tell enough that they aren't the answer. 
    Is the answer to that crap ? 
  • Rothko said:
    the Cowley's are still for me living off that cup run, they blew the National League away with the money made on that run, and carried on into League 2 with it. I thought they were very meh at Huddersfield, and I just don't see how they fit 1) the way Sandgaard has indicated he wants to play and 2) how Charlton fans expect a Charlton team to play. 

Is the answer to that crap ? 
    Not anti football as a minimum, we take crap, but not hoofball crap
  • Jackson 9/4
    curbs 5/1
    cowley 10/1
    powell 10/1
    Jacket 12/1
    wilder12/1
    harris 14/1
    appleton 16/1
    poyet 20/1o
    pardew 20/1

Suprised that euell isn’t in there
    Diego Poyet? 
  • People really think Wilder or Howe are realistic ? No premier league manager would drop down to league 1, no matter how much money they are offered. 

Realistically, I think it'll be the Cowley brothers. Which wouldn't be a bad appointment imo. 
    realistically how many Prem teams would offer Howe/Wilder a job???....granted most Champ sides would take them

if the money is right, they'll work anywhere
  • edited March 2021
    BigDiddy said:
    Jackson 9/4
    curbs 5/1
    cowley 10/1
    powell 10/1
    Jacket 12/1
    wilder12/1
    harris 14/1
    appleton 16/1
    poyet 20/1o
    pardew 20/1

Suprised that euell isn’t in there
    Diego Gustavo Poyet? 
    A man who took a dump in Palace's dressing room. A man who gave us his only begotten son, whose career died as soon as he left us. A hero, in other words
  • A manager who buys into the ethos of the club, would understand why Tracy Leaburn put her neck on the line because she cared, why the fans threw pigs and undertook a funeral march against Duchatelet. That is part of my criteria for a manager.

Any employee can take the money and do what they always do, either successfully or not, but as a club we need someone who will buy into the CAFC ethos embodied by Curbs, Powell and yes, Bowyer. There is no way that the Cowley Brothers would do that any more than Karl Robinson did.

Those that have played for the club and seen us through the  bad times should have a head start in the loyalty stakes otherwise we will become a management revolving door like  other clubs. We are not other clubs. I believe that TS understands that and was part of the reason he bought the club. That should sway his decision.

When employing people I have always looked for the commitment to the company that takes people the extra mile and makes the company successful.
  • Oh wait, oops haha
  • I would have thought Howe will go to Palace in the Summer.

Chris Wilder didn't come to Cafc because Duchatelet wouldn't put certain things in writing and "Cafc fans" who told CW we were a basket case. It would be good if the same Cafc fans could now let Wilder know we are under new vibrant management with a 5 year plan.

• Definitely Wilder for me. 
  • I really hope it wilder :) 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!