Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    On Beale, yes he’s a great coach by all accounts and has done really well at Rangers but they said the same about Arteta before he went to Arsenal. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If you wanna beef with the big man, you have to build up years of subtle resentment and barbs, don't go piling straight in with the 'fuck off' fgs
    i thought he had fucked off but looks like now bowyers gone, he's back - like jaws
  • Options
    I'd like to see Karel Fraeye get another going over 
    Steady on Leroy. 
  • Options
    On Beale, yes he’s a great coach by all accounts and has done really well at Rangers but they said the same about Arteta before he went to Arsenal. 
    Arteta isn’t doing badly, he inherited a fairly shite squad. 
    He’s doing...ok. Very hit and miss. 

I’m surprised so many want Stendel?! Did well with Barnsley at the start then got sacked after 10 games without a win. Went to Hearts and he left when the season was curtailed in March and they were...bottom. Not for me. 
  • Options
    I'd like to see Karel Fraeye get another go... 
    if only somebody else had suggested this...
    Meh. I ain't got time to read 400 posts to see if somebody of equal comedic taste has posted the same thing before me. Still I suppose its all about the
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/davidpreece12/status/1369019814090539015?s=21

Prob posted on here somewhere, my son sent me this link of the MK dons gaffer who talks sense.

Thought they played us off the park at the valley.
  • Options
    Me.
    I dont want a lot.
    I dont want to be going down the manager merry go round though.
    Fans expecting instant results

• Options
    Yep very 50-50 on assistants/coaches becoming managers, people like McClaren and Clement were apparently brilliant coaches but not great as managers.

Beale would be a very interesting choice though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the first time in ages we are not appointing a manager on a low budget, so it is an exciting time - mind you, Roland got very lucky eventually with budget Bowyer because we were promoted at Wembley. Now Thomas can appoint a manager with few restrictions. Can't for the life of me see Wilder or Howe checking in. Would have loved Curbs a few years ago but maybe he is past it now. Laudrup will know sod all about Div One, ditto Beale but whoever we appoint will need luck. Bow ran out of luck with all those injuries last year and having such shite owners. Jacko knows Div One but is he good enough? Well he has to win tomorrow night, that is for certain.
  • Options
    Arteta isn’t doing badly, he inherited a fairly shite squad. 
    Only won the one FA Cup
  • Options
    Would love Wilder or Howe but as others have said it's just not going to happen.

There's not too many managers out of work that I would be keen on. Personally I wouldn't be unhappy with Powell and I imagine a good chunk of the fan base would get behind that. He's rebuilt the squad in a summer transfer window successfully in the past and and we're going to need to do that again this Summer. I have complete trust in TS to get it right though and will back whatever he decides. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    People hung up on experience need to realise that we are league 1. People start there careers in this league or below. Russell Martin is in his first job. 

People with the required experience dont always do so well...Garry Monk being one of those examples.

If you have the knowledge and the correct way to get it across then you should be given the chance. If anything, the recruitment process for our next manager needs to be precise and thorough. 
  • Options
    Might they all have been told to stay off social media ?
    No, wouldn’t happen. 
    They’ve also posted on social media today about other things.
  • Options
    Wilder.

Employing a manager has to be one of the hardest jobs. I'd get Curbishley & Powell on the interview panel! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m absolutely fascinated with what we’re going to get.

Genuinely got no idea what way are going to go. Thought I did, but then I’ve read this thread and seen convincing arguments for about 6 different backgrounds, levels of experience etc and reckon a convincing argument could be made for all of them! 

One thing is clear, whoever it is, it isn’t going to be what some people want. Just hope everyone gets behind from day one. 

Unless its Harris...
    It's gonna be Harris
  • Options
    Thierry Henry just finished his job interview via MNF.
  • Options
    Thierry Henry just finished his job interview via MNF.
    What was said? 
  • Options
    I have just seen that clip of Russell Martin defending his philosophy and principles. Very impressive.

I would certainly sign up for exactly that. Someone who is similar to Thomas Frank at Brentford, or as Gus Poyet was at Brighton in his first seasons there, or as Sean O'Driscoll was at Doncaster a few years back.

Alan Curbishley at Charlton would be another example.

They all had well drilled teams but at the same time let players play.

Please can we have a manager that wants to play football better than our opponents, as opposed to being tougher and stronger, and grinding out results (which Lee Bowyer was calling out for last week).

I am happy to go the long way round all the while I see players on the pitch who can entertain and excite and are playing as part of a team that is looking to improve.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ordinarily I'd mock the 'saw them on telly, make them manager' approach, but Henry as Charlton manager would be so preposterous, I'm all for it :D
    Johnny Fortune as assistant 🤣🤣
  • Options
    In my opinion it needs to be someone free of any history or connection to the club.

Obviously Wilder would be an amazing get but I don't see any chance of it happening, so I'd go for the Cowley's. I know they have some negative views around them but I think they're better than people realise.
    Make your mind up.

Wilder is a former player.
    Did Wilder actually make an appearance for us? I know he was on loan but I can't remember him actually playing?
  • Options
    Chris wilder would be perfect for Charlton,
    but can we pay his wages ?
    but I also think JJ deserves a few games to see what happens, you never know we might thrash Bristol Rovers tomorrow, maybe one of two players will start playing now Bowyer has left you just don’t know ??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!