Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    Just came to throw a name out there I haven't seen mentioned 

Thierry Henry

Young manager, respected in the game.

Had a difficult time at Monaco but did well at Montreal under very difficult circumstances and left to come back to London to be nearer his kids
    He'll definitely be aiming higher.  
  • Options

Next permanent Charlton manager (odds via Sky Bet)

• Johnnie Jackson - 9/4
    • Alan Curbishley - 6/1
    • Chris Wilder, Danny Cowley - 7/1
    • Chris Powell - 9/1
    • Kenny Jackett, Neil Harris - 10/1
    • Robbie Fowler, Sol Campbell - 12/1
    • Chris Coleman - 14/1

• Options

• Johnnie Jackson - 9/4
    • Alan Curbishley - 6/1
    • Chris Powell - 9/1
    • Chris Coleman - 14/1

Where has Laudrup dissappeared to? He had fairly low odds posted earlier tonight, like 3rd or 4th favourite 
  • Options
    Henry might not be as wild a choice as it would appear. 

He wants to be near his family, been on TV touting he is looking for a new role, inexperienced enough to unlikely be getting a Prem or Championship job anytime soon. And it's a huge name which I suspect TS would love to raise our profile. 
  • Options
    siblers said:

• Johnnie Jackson - 9/4
    • Alan Curbishley - 6/1
    • Chris Powell - 9/1
    • Chris Coleman - 14/1

Where has Laudrup dissappeared to? He had fairly low odds posted earlier tonight, like 3rd or 4th favourite 

They've stopped taking bets on him as it'd done?.... :smiley:
  • Options
    I’d love it if the likes of Laudrup Henry or Lampard came in. Surely our players would be keen to impress
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    All I'll say is what I've said for months......you don't know who will take the job until they know its vacant. Did Birmingham fans expect Bowyer to resign & take their hot seat ? I very much doubt it. In the same manner there are many managers, currently employed & unemployed, who would jump at the chance to be our manager. For every 5 names mentioned on here there are 5 more no-one had thought of.

Saying all that, if I had to be pushed to give a name from the lists already mentioned I would (in order) go for:

Cowley
    Martin
    Powell

2 months ago I would have said (and did as a matter of fact)

Cook
    McCarthy
    Howe

Thats it from me & I wait with excitement to see how the next few days pan out. However, I'm also expecting JJ to be given until the end of the season so we might have to wait just a little longer.

• Options
    siblers said:

• Johnnie Jackson - 9/4
    • Alan Curbishley - 6/1
    • Chris Powell - 9/1
    • Chris Coleman - 14/1

That was posted by skybet about 4pm I believe.
  • Options
    Late to the party... But has anyone mentioned Nigel Adkins? Worked with Ged Roddy ( who's doing the hiring) at Reading I believe. 

Has done this trick before with Southampton, a model we may wish to replicate??
  • Options
    Osvaldo César Ardiles.  
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins could be a shout? Managed to get Southampton promoted from Lg1 to the prem and could fit the long term model TS is looking for?
    Just seen this however some people's lol'ed it?
  • Options
    A large Laudrup and no Fraeye with that
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Danny Cowley was on sky sports last Friday morning , saying had had a few offers but was waiting for the right project.
    Said wanted to work for an owner that shared their vision of progressing a club 'the right way'

Am sure he also said he and his brother had been working on training routines and now had something like 1100 different drills etc to keep training fresh and to address different needs at different times
    I'm no Pep Guardiola but fuck me 1100 training drills is surely over complicating things. Football is supposed to be a simple game.

• Options
    Mark Bowen incoming
  • Options
    Anyone with tactical vision. Don't believe in managers that are 'good at getting teams up from lower leagues' cause you can't sack them after promotion and by definition they are also excellent at going back down so they can keep the sequence  with another club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m fairly confident that it won’t be Wilder or Howe, can’t see them dropping down to L1.
    Beale, non starter again, just coached the Scottish champions, add Champions League next season and it would take wild horses to drag him to SE7 IMO 

very happy to be wrong, but just don’t see it, a little perspective needed by all.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    No doubt Michael Beale is a world-class coach, but is he a good manager? I think that's where Lee Bowyer struggled. He's probably an exceptional coach himself, but with tactics, selection, in-game management and all the other soft skills you need as a manager, he broke down.
  • Options
    Late to the party... But has anyone mentioned Nigel Adkins? Worked with Ged Roddy ( who's doing the hiring) at Reading I believe. 

Has done this trick before with Southampton, a model we may wish to replicate??

It would have been a great idea ten years ago!
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Stuff the Brentford way.

We're Charlton Athletic we do it our way like we did with Seed, Lawrence, Curbishley, Powell & Bowyer. 
    And Mike Bailey.

Yes of course, a bad oversight by me.  
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins could be a shout? Managed to get Southampton promoted from Lg1 to the prem and could fit the long term model TS is looking for?
    Just seen this however some people's lol'ed it?
    Sorry but I lol’d it. Would have loved Adkins ten years ago but he’s had his time I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Did I just read that right that someone said Cowley had 1100 drills!!!

Must be a big fan at Screwfix!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!