Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Wilder.

Employing a manager has to be one of the hardest jobs. I'd get Curbishley & Powell on the interview panel! 
    Curbs would give it to himself
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins could be a shout? Managed to get Southampton promoted from Lg1 to the prem and could fit the long term model TS is looking for?
    Just seen this however some people's lol'ed it?
    Sorry but I lol’d it. Would have loved Adkins ten years ago but he’s had his time I’m afraid.
    hasn't stopped half our fan base wanting Curbs back
    I would prefer Curbs out the 2. Just his overall record is better.

Still could see Curbs in a senior advisory role!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    jams said:
    I don't get this sentiment of it having to be someone with no connection to us. Why? All the best periods we have had were when a Charlton man was in charge. I don't think it HAS to be a Charlton man but I personally like that we do it our way and don't hire in mercenary managers 
    Our very best period was with a man with no Charlton connection, who virtually spoke a foreign language. 
    Michael Beale fits the bill for me, but so do several others. [Edit: ok, Charlton connection is a bonus ;-)]
  • Options
    See that Michael Laudrup is 4/1 this morning
  • Options
    See that Michael Laudrup is 4/1 this morning
    Not sure it means anything.

If a few bet on him because he’s a big name and Danish he moves up the list. Others then think they’re on to something and his odds shorten even more.
  • Options

• Options
    Mark Bowen incoming
    Something you’ve heard? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've slept on it.

You know what, Johnnie Jackson might just be alright. Age on his side. Good relationship with the players. Speaks really well. Tactical nous unknown though.
  • Options
    I've slept on it.

You know what, Johnnie Jackson might just be alright. Age on his side. Good relationship with the players. Speaks really well. Tactical nous unknown though.
    I’d suggest he has to win tonight if that’s going to happen beyond caretaker to end of season I.e. give TS a reason to give him a chance. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Wilder.

Employing a manager has to be one of the hardest jobs. I'd get Curbishley & Powell on the interview panel! 
    Curbs would give it to himself
    The Mark Bowen manoeuvre.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Mark Bowen is the name I thought of when I heard the news. He loyally followed Mark Hughes around until recently and finally went his own way last year with Reading.When you consider the appalling start that the Royals had last season he did a good job in steadying them. Rich Cawley mentioned his name in the Podcast.

One thing I don't know is whether he gets on with Ged Roddy. Did Roddy get sacked by Reading? If so was Bowen part of that process?

He sort of ticks the box as an outsider although of course his ex player credentials trump Chris Wilder's. He is is a Charlton playoff winner. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this is accurate, I can't see why Wilder would be unaffordable especially after how bad Sheffield started this season. 
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportekz.com/football/chris-wilder-contract/
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Mark Bowen incoming
    Something you’ve heard? 
    It is something I have read.

When @objectivecafc posted it.
  • Options
    Not a good read this 
    https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once-great-ambassador/

We don’t want that agent over if he comes. 
  • Options
    The official shortlist:

Michael Laudrup  - experienced, confident and Danish
    John Jensen- a football manager and Danish
    Hans Christian Andersen- creative, communicated well and Danish
    Mads Mikkelsen- acts the part, scary team talks and Danish
    Brigitte Nielsen- looks good and is Danish
    A Danish pastry- you get the idea...
    Allan Simonsen - Danish, ex Charlton, national team manager at the Faroes.
  • Options
    The 25/1 bits is just noise isn't it?

There are some there that wouldn't take it in a million years, some that probably would, some you could look at and say that would make sense, others you go wtf.

How Darren Fletcher and Lowe, for example, are the same price is baffling.  One has just become technical director at Man United the other is a lower league manager with 2 promotions on his CV. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Mark Bowen is the name I thought of when I heard the news. He loyally followed Mark Hughes around until recently and finally went his own way last year with Reading.When you consider the appalling start that the Royals had last season he did a good job in steadying them. Rich Cawley mentioned his name in the Podcast.

One thing I don't know is whether he gets on with Ged Roddy. Did Roddy get sacked by Reading? If so was Bowen part of that process?

He sort of ticks the box as an outsider although of course his ex player credentials trump Chris Wilder's. He is is a Charlton playoff winner. 
    I backed Bowen at 33/1 yesterday. Purely because of the Roddy connection. 
  • Options
    The official shortlist:

Michael Laudrup  - experienced, confident and Danish
    John Jensen- a football manager and Danish
    Hans Christian Andersen- creative, communicated well and Danish
    Mads Mikkelsen- acts the part, scary team talks and Danish
    Brigitte Nielsen- looks good and is Danish
    A Danish pastry- you get the idea...
     Noic Lego?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I backed Bowen at 33/1 yesterday. Purely because of the Roddy connection. 
    "On 27 March 2019, Bowen was hired as a technical consultant for Reading. He was announced as the club's sporting director on 21 August, and succeeded José Gomes as manager on 14 October. Prior to being appointed manager he had been tasked with drawing up a shortlist of candidates for the job he eventually was offered"

"Roddy also had a spell as academy manager at Reading but left his post in November 2019." 

They weren't together very long although Roddy left not long after Bowen stopped being sporting director.  Would that have made Bowen his boss? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!