Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bristol Rovers | Tues 16 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    Delighted for Johnnie. Really looked like the sort of game he won for us as a player. There is a good chance that tonight was his  last involvement with the club. If that's the case, I can't think of a performance or result that would be better suited. Cheers Jacko 
    no way that JJ will be ditched in any new set up. 
    Thomas wouldn’t do that to a club legend and I think he will get the job to the end of the season at least. 
    Watch this space 
  • Options
    Completely different energy to any Lee Bowyer team in recent memory. Those players were playing for the team and each other. 

Love Jacko so was very pleased he got the win!

Feels like a weight has been lifted off the team.

Onwards and upwards...who ever ends up in charge!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    First time since 2014 we’ve come from two down to win 3-2 (Sheffield Wed). [Thanks Brian]. 
    Best looking manager in L1 gets off to a flier. It’s clear the players like him, and I think they looked much less nervous tonight. 
  • Options
    Millar can't play in front of Maatsen, they seem to get in each others spaces. While Maatsen can't play at all.
  • Options
    Thomas JJ is your unless you want to spend serious 
    brass 👍👍👍
  • Options
    Great turnaround but.....

we were 2-0 at home to team with worst away record in division. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    So the tweets from the players starting to come through now.

Is it true that there was not a single one from the players yesterday wishing LB good luck? I really can't see why the club would ban them from making such statements so if it is true, that surely speaks a million words.
    He lost the dressing room a long time ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who doesn't love this xG stuff

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

And now we have AFC Wimbledon (relegation zone) Away and Crewe (bang average) at home.

6 points and the confidence will be right up....
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:
    So the tweets from the players starting to come through now.

Is it true that there was not a single one from the players yesterday wishing LB good luck? I really can't see why the club would ban them from making such statements so if it is true, that surely speaks a million words.
    He lost the dressing room a long time ago.
    Curbs stated there was something going on behind the scenes we didn’t know about. Could it have been that?
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    MrOneLung said:

And now we have AFC Wimbledon (relegation zone) Away and Crewe (bang average) at home.

Afraid Crewe is postponed due to call ups. Donny after Wombles
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    MrOneLung said:

Crewe game has been moved to a later date.
  • Options
     WPAddick said:
    Delighted for Johnnie. Really looked like the sort of game he won for us as a player. There is a good chance that tonight was his  last involvement with the club. If that's the case, I can't think of a performance or result that would be better suited. Cheers Jacko 
    How likely do we think it is that he will leave the club now? It would certainly be the most difficult departure to stomach of the current era of Charlton. 
    I don’t think he’ll leave
    Neither do I, why is no. 2 at Birmingham (would it even be no. 2?) a more attractive prospect than no .2 here? For Jackson specifically that is, not generally. 
  • Options
    I don't understand why Purrington has fallen out of favour, he can defend and with Millar in front of hi they would't get in each others way

The fact that @lancashire lad and I agree on something must mean it's right. Not sure it's ever happened in ten years!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well pleased for JJ but he might have a decision to make if Bowyer comes calling for him before TS decides who he wants
  • Options
    Well pleased for JJ but he might have a decision to make if Bowyer comes calling for him before TS decides who he wants
    I think that would be HIGHLY unlikely.
  • Options
    Pompey down to 10th tonight!
    But still only 3 points behind us with 2 games in hand. It's ludicrously tight at the top, we can be overtaken by sides all the way down to Accrington in 13th