Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• I agree that Adkins should absolutely be positive with the players. He is at the start of what we all hope will be a successful journey and I am happy with the appointment. But personally, any positive statements aimed at us fans  I am not that interested in at this point. Win a few games on the bounce and then I will be.

If we play at the levels we have been, we are not getting promoted, but if we improve by 5% we could well do. That is what I am hoping to see starting from next Friday.
    It’ll need a lot more than 5% I’m afraid. 
  • What's wrong with happy pills?

I've been taking em for years!
  • JamesSeed said:
    I agree that Adkins should absolutely be positive with the players. He is at the start of what we all hope will be a successful journey and I am happy with the appointment. But personally, any positive statements aimed at us fans  I am not that interested in at this point. Win a few games on the bounce and then I will be.

If we play at the levels we have been, we are not getting promoted, but if we improve by 5% we could well do. That is what I am hoping to see starting from next Friday.
    I watched MK vs Donny match yesterday. Donny were really poor. 5% could be the difference to stand out in this league. 
  • Does anyone know if Bowyer used a strive25 journal?
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sorry, he really is doing an impression of Paul Whitehouse isn’t he?

I have taken to playing it to my wife first thing when we wake up. If looks could kill!
  • Not much praise for Powell from Hayes on his former managers.
    Powell dropped him for Yann.
    He missed too many chances, a decent league one striker linking play etc but like so many wasn't so great at finishing (@ least not for us, not sure about when he was at Scunthorpe)
  • JamesSeed said:
    I agree that Adkins should absolutely be positive with the players. He is at the start of what we all hope will be a successful journey and I am happy with the appointment. But personally, any positive statements aimed at us fans  I am not that interested in at this point. Win a few games on the bounce and then I will be.

An extra 5% over the next 9 games should equate to 2-3 more goals scored than we have been averaging, a couple of goals fewer than we have been conceding, and 2-3 more points than expected on PPG. With things as tight as they are, that could make all the difference in helping us reach the play-offs. It will also massively boost confidence and belief in the players. Most of our games this season (and last) were decided by fine margins. A slight shift in those margins can change the outcome of our season.
    5% will do for me for now. A bigger improvement is needed for next season.
  • Scoham said:
    Just catching up & you can't help but be impressed by that article & excited about the future.
    It's inspiring stuff isn't it, and a terrific piece by Benjy.
    I've no doubt at all that NA will already be having a significant and positive effect on the players, but whether this group has enough about them to make it count in the run-in is another matter.
  • I’m sorry, he really is doing an impression of Paul Whitehouse isn’t he?

I have taken to playing it to my wife first thing when we wake up. If looks could kill!
    "Have a cup of choo choo on me Col...........choi Bella"
  • Sponsored links:

• The latest excellent VOTV mentioned Nige’s recent spell of being out of the loop, but the same article after planting that seed of worry did finish by mentioning how long Lee Bowyer had been out of the loop.
    I believe Nige is pretty much up to speed with current trends in football, and will soon be up to speed in terms of Charlton Athletic immersion.
  • No Adkins tweet this morning, so guess the daily positivity was only whilst he was doing his charity walks.

Would like to see him continue them though, maybe just once or twice a week, little updates on what's going on etc.
  • Very slight red flag from me on yesterday’s Valley Pass interview when he reacted badly to Benjys point about us always playing well against the best teams in the Premiership and the Championship - he was a bit too quick to bite back with an irritated ‘ how long ago were Charlton in the Premiership ‘ very minor point but I didn’t like his reaction 
    Apart from that he hasn’t put a foot wrong 
    I get that. But it stops people or, more to the point, players from thinking he's a soft touch and isn't prepared, at the right time, to say what he thinks even if it might upset one or two people. 
  • Very slight red flag from me on yesterday’s Valley Pass interview when he reacted badly to Benjys point about us always playing well against the best teams in the Premiership and the Championship - he was a bit too quick to bite back with an irritated ‘ how long ago were Charlton in the Premiership ‘ very minor point but I didn’t like his reaction 
    I watched that video and he basically repeated his series of introductory mantras that happened when he first joined.
    Nigel emphasised more than once that he has only been here 13 days, doesn’t know anybody and that it is an holistic project for the whole club. I sensed that he is still, quite understandably, rather detached, which for a fan like me, like us, is weird because we’re so immersed.
    However.
    One thing he mentioned was a route through for (young) players...and coaches, lo and behold we have the news about Jason Euell today.
    It will take some time for Nigel to get used to London, to South East London, to our area, to us the fans....maybe if and when he does he won’t like it when compared to the Wirral, or Scunthorpe, or Southampton, or Hull, or Reading, who knows.
    I am vigilant for that break through moment when Nige ‘gets it’.
    I didn't read that as irritated.

It seemed to be a question to support his answer... Be aware of it, but can't change the past. Also why Benji brought up the PL when we haven't been there for 14 years was a bit odd. 
  • hoping for an hoping for an April fools day glum Adkins video 😂😂
    "Morning everyone. I wish those birds would shut the f*** up, and that bloody sun is giving me a headache. At least I don't have to walk around that poxy training ground for 2 hours this morning, and can instead stay in with my ladies. Anything left in any of the wraps love?  Pass the fags."