Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• I imagine his daily tweets will stop at the end of the month once he finishes the prostate cancer fundraiser 
    I think he looks like he has settled into a groove, be good if it could become a regular spot on the OS, either daily as a "news from Sparrows" or post match maybe
  • The most arousing part of that article was hearing that he does detailed work on throw-ins. For the first time in 25 years I'm excited to maybe see a throw in tactic that isn't: "slow the game right down, moan at your teammates, chuck it long down the line," or "take a short, loopy throw to a teammate under pressure who passes it back, out of play." 
    Seem to recall this is a pet peeve of @Viewfinder :-)
  • The most arousing part of that article was hearing that he does detailed work on throw-ins. For the first time in 25 years I'm excited to maybe see a throw in tactic that isn't: "slow the game right down, moan at your teammates, chuck it long down the line," or "take a short, loopy throw to a teammate under pressure who passes it back, out of play." 
    Seem to recall this is a pet peeve of @Viewfinder :-)
    Is there anything about Charlton that isn't a pet peeve of his?
  • I wonder if Adkins will want to have a look at Lapslie before he's released? Still think there's a possible player for us in him.
  • I wonder if Adkins will want to have a look at Lapslie before he's released? Still think there's a possible player for us in him.
    I thought his transfer was made permanent??? 
  • LTKapal said:
    I wonder if Adkins will want to have a look at Lapslie before he's released? Still think there's a possible player for us in him.
    He has signed permanently for Mansfield - for another two seasons after this one
  • LTKapal said:
    I wonder if Adkins will want to have a look at Lapslie before he's released? Still think there's a possible player for us in him.
    He has signed permanently for Mansfield - for another two seasons after this one

Oh, right. I thought he was on loan for the rest of the season and Bows wasn't going to renew his contract. I just hope he's not one of those we live to regret

• edited March 2021
    AndyG said:
    My biggest criticism of LB was his negativity not even really on the pitch, more a case of seeming to be on such a downer off it. Negativity breeds negativity that's a fact. I hope the fans dont judge anything on our last few games of the season if results dont go our way. It is total chalk and cheese from an outlook point of view which is a massive step up imo 
     Totally. Bowyer came in at a time when we needed the not too high not too low approach after the incessant wild positivity of Robinson. I never really bought into Robinson's ways. I thought it was something to do with him being a chirpy Scouser and we'd never warm to him.

Funny that Nigel is a chirpy Scouser. Early days but I don't get anywhere near the same impression of him as opposed to Gobbo.

Everyone needs a Nigel in their lives!  ;-)
    He’s not a scouser, he comes from across the Mersey. Like calling someone from Greenwich a cockney.
    Nige is from Birkenhead, and regarded as a true scouser, apparently they call people from Liverpool "plastic scousers"
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, there's always a negative to every positive i suppose
  • DA9 said:
    AndyG said:
    My biggest criticism of LB was his negativity not even really on the pitch, more a case of seeming to be on such a downer off it. Negativity breeds negativity that's a fact. I hope the fans dont judge anything on our last few games of the season if results dont go our way. It is total chalk and cheese from an outlook point of view which is a massive step up imo 
     Totally. Bowyer came in at a time when we needed the not too high not too low approach after the incessant wild positivity of Robinson. I never really bought into Robinson's ways. I thought it was something to do with him being a chirpy Scouser and we'd never warm to him.

Funny that Nigel is a chirpy Scouser. Early days but I don't get anywhere near the same impression of him as opposed to Gobbo.

Pedant corner, He’s not a scouser, as many from Birkenhead/Wirral will tell you if you ever make the mistake of calling them one, one of my pals quite ferocious about pointing it out.

heres a little tranmere fan ditty 

Don’t be mistaken, Don’t be misled, We are not Scousers , We’re from Birkenhead, You can f*ck your cathedral, And your pier head, Cos we are not Scousers, We're from Birkenhead…
    And what a lovely place it is as well.......not.
  • DA9 said:
    AndyG said:

Pedant corner, He’s not a scouser, as many from Birkenhead/Wirral will tell you if you ever make the mistake of calling them one, one of my pals quite ferocious about pointing it out.

Don’t be mistaken, Don’t be misled, We are not Scousers , We’re from Birkenhead, You can f*ck your cathedral, And your pier head, Cos we are not Scousers, We're from Birkenhead…
    Ive spent some time there, like anywhere it has good & bad, I quite like the area, if pork pie is still on here under another mantle he would agree
  • DA9 said:
    DA9 said:
    AndyG said:

Ive spent some time there, like anywhere it has good & bad, I quite like the area, if pork pie is still on here under another mantle he would agree
    Agreed on the good and bad.  I have always enjoyed trips to Merseyside and Birkenhead, but the area on the whole is not great.
  • DA9 said:
    DA9 said:
    AndyG said:

Agreed on the good and bad.  I have always enjoyed trips to Merseyside and Birkenhead, but the area on the whole is not great.
    Upton is very nice, despite having a pub called the Eagle 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Some of you are a hard crowd to please!!!!

If abs it’s a huge if, we were in the premier league in 5 years time, with Nidge at the wheel, some on here would be saying , nah it’s time for him to go, he’s done all right. But it’s not like we’ve actually won anything like the FA cup or champions league!!!

Enjoy the ride people, life’s too short, make the most of it, you never know what’s round the corner, good or bad.
    I agree with your third paragraph wholeheartedly .  
  • edited March 2021
    He forgot to mention the LMA March for March today. Do you think the vids will stop once March is over?

Anyway I was sort of on the “they are a bit cringey” side of the fence but they’ve now grown on me.  I think he’s got something about him.

So come on everybody... make the most of the day! 
  • Sunday training ... 
  • Sunday training ... 
    There's just six weeks to the end of the "normal" season so I'm sure that there won't be too many moans especially from those who want to earn themselves a new contract. I also believe that Adkins mentioned that they had a day off from training on Friday and they will probably only be in for a couple of hours today anyway.
  • edited March 2021
    Sunday training ... 
    We didnt have a game yesterday though did we?

Dont think the complaints were about training on X, Y, Z day - It was more ensuring the players got a rest after each game