Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• It is certainly a breath of fresh air to see the display of positivity. If I were one of the players at CAFC I would be looking at this added to what TS exudes and be thinking to myself " This is where I want to be so lets get stuck in and make sure I stay "
  • My wife is not a morning person. I won't repeat what she says when I share NA's messages with her!
  • March 2022...

You sure that isn’t Chris Parkes?
  • Talk about going one extreme to the other. Bowyers post match interviews in the last 2 months to these daily videos, only at charlton could that be the case!
  • edited March 2021
    MattF said:
    Is it just me or does he generally look like a happy guy who won’t piss off half his players?
    We probably don't deserve Him!
    Has he got a gig at Bromley Addicks yet?
    I’m hearing Bromley Addicks have drawn up a three year exclusivity appearance contract (with a further two year option), which he is due to sign early next week at Sparrows Lane. 👌
    Sorry I can’t disclose my source, other than to say he is a regular poster on here living in the Maidstone area and has a Border Collie named Buddy.
  • edited March 2021
    MattF said:
    Is it just me or does he generally look like a happy guy who won’t piss off half his players?
    We probably don't deserve Him!
    Has he got a gig at Bromley Addicks yet?

• Sponsored links:

• Hayes talks sense
    Broken clock etc etc :-) 
  • clive said:
    He is sooooo upbeat and positive. 

If he is WFH today are the players off? 
  • "He allowed you to feel on top of the world but also allowed you to make mistakes. He takes the pressure off you. 

He knew what he needed to say in the dressing room.

He never brought in players who thought they were bigger than what they were or had a bad attitude.

He flips it when he is asked about the fact other clubs have played fewer games and talks about them having to play catch-up and the effects of fatigue or picking up injuries.

That is where he is so clever – to be able to spin a negative into a positive."

We've hired a Lee Bowyer clone!

• I do not remember this Paul Hayes fella one bit, and I went to a bunch of games that season. Googled him and don't recognise him there either?! Is this just me? Did he play a lot?!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:
    He is sooooo upbeat and positive. 

If he is WFH today are the players off? 
    Guess it'll be a theme we'll see from him after Sat | Tue games given the players faced Brentford yesterday
  • I do not remember this Paul Hayes fella one bit, and I went to a bunch of games that season. Googled him and don't recognise him there either?! Is this just me? Did he play a lot?!
    He made 19 appearances in SCP's League 1 winning side (started a dozen of them). Was cover up top.
  • Sponsored links:

• surely no one is that upbeat and positive all of the time!

seems like a top fella though 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I do not remember this Paul Hayes fella one bit, and I went to a bunch of games that season. Googled him and don't recognise him there either?! Is this just me? Did he play a lot?!
    He made 19 appearances in SCP's League 1 winning side (started a dozen of them). Was cover up top.
    Was really unlucky to lose his place, I don't think anyone knew quite how good Yann would be, and is a top guy as well. 
    Still no idea who this fella is! Weird.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I do not remember this Paul Hayes fella one bit, and I went to a bunch of games that season. Googled him and don't recognise him there either?! Is this just me? Did he play a lot?!
    Was really unlucky to lose his place, I don't think anyone knew quite how good Yann would be, and is a top guy as well. 
    he was good player, but Yann took us from a playoffs team to the Champions of that division. 
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    he was good player, but Yann took us from a playoffs team to the Champions of that division. 
    Yes exactly. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    We played some really nice stuff when he was up top too, Yann was obviously the better player and it was the right call, but we lumped.it up to Yann more.
    In fairness Hayes is a easily forgettable :smiley: