Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• You just watch 2-3 U23's will join our squad for our next game. Possibly for the whole run in. 
  • Great opportunity for the under 23s to impress Adkins for next season (or possibly even end of this one). 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Apologies if this has been asked / answered before (I have skipped lots of pages), but do we know where Nigel lives? (not his actual address to be clear!!)  

Had assumed he would be based up north / Yorkshire as that is where he has spent the bulk of his career, but noticed he mentioned driving 'up' to Coventry in his video today so perhaps he is based near Southampton or Reading? 
  • My guess is he's still in Hampshire 
  • Marriott Bexleyheath I suspect...
    and that's Danson Park?
  • Marriott Bexleyheath I suspect...
    and that's the training ground where it's flooded

Corrected
  • MattF said:
    Is it just me or does he generally look like a happy guy who won’t piss off half his players?
    We probably don't deserve Him!
    Has he got a gig at Bromley Addicks yet?
  • Love his twitter messages as he's walking. He must be the most positive guy around and i can't help but feel that will rub off on the players.

He'd somehow find the positive in someone burgling your house and taking a shit on your pillow.
  • edited March 2021
    Adkins went up to Coventry to see the U23s and they lost 4 - 0. Has to be hard for anyone to stand out on the end of a whooping like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Ross said:
    I'm loving the positivity so far, and his presence on social media (similarly Thomas').

However, I can see him being bombarded with abuse if things don't go the way we want them to.
    I get the feeling it'll be water off a ducks back to Adkins. He strikes me as the kind of person that focuses on positivity and the good rather than the negativity and nastiness. He's been on twitter a good while, he gets it. 
  • Chunes said:
    Adkins went up to Coventry to see the U23s and they lost 4 - 0. Has to be hard for anyone to stand out on the end of a whopping like that.
    Just another small boulder in the downwards avalanche.
    2021 - We just miss out on a play off spot, following continuing inconsistent form.
    2022 - NA's major rebuild finds us challenging throughout the season, in a much more competitive league 1, ultimately just missing out on the autos and losing the play off final to Sunderland.
    2023 - Once again we just fall short of the autos, and lose in the play off semis despite dominating both games against Millwall.
    Andrew Barclay joins the board of Crystal  Palace
    2024 - Nigel Adkins is sacked following a poor start to the  season. Chris Solly appointed manager.
    PL strugglers Crystal Palace win the FA Cup Final
    2025 - Thomas Sandguard announces he is selling the club to devote more time to his ailing American businesses, also citing disappointment at low attendances (15k) and season ticket sales (8k)
    2026 - Roland Duchatelets son announces he intends tonsell-off The Valley and Sparrows Lane.
    The Charlton board declare they are not in a position to purchase and are seeking alternative arrangements.
    My son passes the news to me, but I have no idea who he is or what he is on about  ;)
    Bring back the flag button!
  • Chunes said:
    Adkins went up to Coventry to see the U23s and they lost 4 - 0. Has to be hard for anyone to stand out on the end of a whopping like that.
    2021 - We just miss out on a play off spot, following continuing inconsistent form.
    2022 - NA's major rebuild finds us challenging throughout the season, in a much more competitive league 1, ultimately just missing out on the autos and losing the play off final to Sunderland.
    2023 - Once again we just fall short of the autos, and lose in the play off semis despite dominating both games against Millwall.
    2024 - Nigel Adkins is sacked following a poor start to the  season. Chris Solly appointed manager.
    2025 - Thomas Sandguard announces he is selling the club to devote more time to his ailing American businesses, also citing disappointment at low attendances (15k) and season ticket sales (8k)
    2026 - Roland Duchatelets son announces he intends tonsell-off The Valley and Sparrows Lane.
    The Charlton board declare they are not in a position to purchase and are seeking alternative arrangements.
    My son passes the news to me, but I have no idea who he is or what he is on about  ;)
    I think you meant to post this on the football manager thread! :)
  • Chunes said:
    Bring back the flag button!
    LOL.
    I am trying to make light of my black mood.
    I need somebody to post a glass half full prediction and convince me it's gonna happen
  • Just because Adkins has a positive, intelligent and kind disposition doesn't mean that he is incapable of making hard and seemingly unfair (to those who are on the end of them anyway) decisions. It's the way that the message is delivered to the individual that keeps a squad together though.
  • I give it a month before the eejits start giving him grief for being so positive 🙄