Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Is it confirmed jj is staying on as assistant? Only reading the piece in the standard it seemed to suggest they hope he stays and learns. Or he might go to brum. 
    Unless I read it wrong 
    hope he is staying 
  • Is it confirmed jj is staying on as assistant? Only reading the piece in the standard it seemed to suggest they hope he stays and learns. Or he might go to brum. 
    Unless I read it wrong 
    hope he is staying 
    Rich Cawley said he's staying on. 
  • With Thomas and Nads we’re not gonna know what to do with all the positivity at the club? May need @golfaddick and @oohaahmortimer, to name two, to up their game a notch to provide some balance 😂
  • After reading the Standard piece and Adkins saying he wants JJ to stay I too are not convinced it’s certain he will. Not seen him say anything publicly so wouldn’t be surprised if he is weighing up his options to join Bow at Brum or work with a man he doesn’t know because he loves the club. Would expect he is naturally disappointed that he didn’t get the job so wouldn’t be surprised if he moved on. Certainly hope he stays as he is a real asset and would be vital for some continuity 
  • After reading the Standard piece and Adkins saying he wants JJ to stay I too are not convinced it’s certain he will. Not seen him say anything publicly so wouldn’t be surprised if he is weighing up his options to join Bow at Brum or work with a man he doesn’t know because he loves the club. Would expect he is naturally disappointed that he didn’t get the job so wouldn’t be surprised if he moved on. Certainly hope he stays as he is a real asset and would be vital for some continuity 
    Bow has an assistant, he just had someone internally promoted. 
  • MattF said:
    I'm not sure anyone has asked the key question yet.

Where is he getting his hair cut at the moment?

If it is being done at home by a relative then that's fair enough but if he is braking lockdown rules and getting it cut by a professional then this surely must call into question his integrity in breaking lockdown rules and TS's assessment of character. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Rudd said:
    I enjoyed the Adkins interview on Valley Pass.

Does anyone have a link to Bowyer's equivalent on St Andrews Pass?

I was wondering what Lee's 'eefoss' might be? 
    He probably mentioned being a winner and going on a journey.
  • aliwibble said:
    I've just watched the TS/NA press conference and what a 'lift' it has given me, after finding out yesterday that I'm going to be made redundant in the next few months as Brexit and Covid have fucked up the Uni I work at. I'm 66 next week with a dodgy ticker and last night I was very down, but NA is so positive it 'pepped' me up.
    I think he definitely is the right man at the right time and exciting times ahead beckon. Welcome Nigel and well done to Thomas/Roddy for what I think will be a great appointment. Keeping JJ is another top hat decision. Now onto Plough Lane and 3 points please, that would help make my weekend better.
    Sorry to hear that RM. Could they not offer you early retirement instead, or would that knock your pension down to much to be viable?
    Hi @aliwibble, sadly I have a mortgage still to pay for a few more years (I took one out late in life) and the plan was my pension lump sum would help out with other 'expenses'. My options are limited, but what doesn't help is my ticker is not great at the moment and I'm on new medication to try and improve things. I have a few weeks to consider options, but thanks for asking. Now a win tomorrow would be just the ticket!!
    All the best mate 
  • Bowyer’s interview on Brum TV was very insincere and you think he what’s to drive up to that shit hole every other day ? 
  • Dave Rudd said:
    I enjoyed the Adkins interview on Valley Pass.

Does anyone have a link to Bowyer's equivalent on St Andrews Pass?

I was wondering what Lee's 'eefoss' might be? 
    He probably mentioned being a winner and going on a journey.
    We was better den dem Scotty, you know? 
  • Bowyer’s interview on Brum TV was very insincere and you think he what’s to drive up to that shit hole every other day ? 
    He'll probably take this lil booty VS...

Nice, something happened at Charlton and it wasn’t just poor / indifferent results IMO 
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    I've just watched the TS/NA press conference and what a 'lift' it has given me, after finding out yesterday that I'm going to be made redundant in the next few months as Brexit and Covid have fucked up the Uni I work at. I'm 66 next week with a dodgy ticker and last night I was very down, but NA is so positive it 'pepped' me up.
    I think he definitely is the right man at the right time and exciting times ahead beckon. Welcome Nigel and well done to Thomas/Roddy for what I think will be a great appointment. Keeping JJ is another top hat decision. Now onto Plough Lane and 3 points please, that would help make my weekend better.
    Sorry to hear that RM. Could they not offer you early retirement instead, or would that knock your pension down to much to be viable?
    Hi @aliwibble, sadly I have a mortgage still to pay for a few more years (I took one out late in life) and the plan was my pension lump sum would help out with other 'expenses'. My options are limited, but what doesn't help is my ticker is not great at the moment and I'm on new medication to try and improve things. I have a few weeks to consider options, but thanks for asking. Now a win tomorrow would be just the ticket!!
    Sorry to hear this Red. Hope all looks up for you very soon. 
  • aliwibble said:
    Sorry to hear this Red, wishing you all the best for the future whatever happens. 

COYR 
    Must be staying in a hotel or renting a house locally surely?
  • Bit weird to see that face on VP but sure why not lol
  • edited March 2021
    ross1 said:
    Should be a good insight with a glowing reference you can guarantee....interesting B)
  • Where was it Adkins said he wanted jacko to stay?
  • ross1 said:
    I hope we also get some of Matt’s mentalness views on the Corona conspiracy.

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1372522338600812546?s=21