Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• I give it a month before the eejits start giving him grief for being so positive 🙄
    Probably complain he's too positive and needs to be more ruthless
  • I give it a month before the eejits start giving him grief for being so positive 🙄
    Oh I'm sure that imo Adkins has another side to him which could turn out to be very ruthless, the ruthless side of a positive man such as him can be born out of frustration of not living up to his ideals, and a possible feeling of failure, so yes those times no doubt will come, let's hope not too soon.
    Oh I'm sure that imo Adkins has another side to him which could turn out to be very ruthless, the ruthless side of a positive man such as him can be born out of frustration of not living up to his ideals, and a possible feeling of failure, so yes those times no doubt will come, let's hope not too soon.
    It does concern me slightly that he might be one of these people that are too nice to be involved in the game

Bet he can be a right bastard when he has to be, so long as its all done behind the scenes and players given the bollockings that they deserve at the right times then thats fine with me. Although equally have no complaints if a player gets mentioned in public if they've done exceptionally wrong either in training or a game
    It does concern me slightly that he might be one of these people that are too nice to be involved in the game

Bet he can be a right bastard when he has to be, so long as its all done behind the scenes and players given the bollockings that they deserve at the right times then thats fine with me. Although equally have no complaints if a player gets mentioned in public if they've done exceptionally wrong either in training or a game
    I don't think he's in danger of being "too nice." As much as I like his positive attitude you don't get four promotions purely by being a happy-clappy smiley nice guy - there's definitely another side to him.

Iron fist in a silk glove as the saying goes.
  • I think you can be a nice and caring person and still be shrewd and decisive, without being an 'orrid bastard. As someone mentioned earlier, I sure he is capable of making tough decisions, whilst also clearly communicating why he is making the decisions, and treating the players in question with respect. I think we have to get past the notion that people achieve at the highest level by means of abuse.

• I'm sure given time he'll be Charltonised and all that positivity will be gone. 

Only kidding, seems like a top bloke. Think he'll do well with us but maybe not enough time to impact this season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    MattF said:
    I know people will say 'it doesn't win you things' and all that, and I am not saying that it is the be all and end all. But it is genuinely nice to be owned and managed by two really nice people. Makes such a refreshing change from the last 7 years where (particularly on the ownership front) they were just utter knobs.
    Do you know what our Henry will say?

"Just win games."  :smile:

Funny enough I was just about to post exactly that.

I like NA and his videos, I like his philosophy, it's rooted in good sense and it's long term and developmental, it's positive and joyful and I wish some of the miserable, doom merchants on here would adopt it but bottom line remains...

Just win games
  • MattF said:
    Is it just me or does he generally look like a happy guy who won’t piss off half his players?
    We probably don't deserve Him!
    Has he got a gig at Bromley Addicks yet?
    We're working on it.

September, we hope.
    No, it didn't take that long. They started before he joined.
  • What time does NA get to work in the morning?
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Is it just me or does he generally look like a happy guy who won’t piss off half his players?
    We probably don't deserve Him!
    Has he got a gig at Bromley Addicks yet?
    We're working on it.

September, we hope.
     not to early please! 👍
    Not sure, but I ran past Jackson and Gilbey in Avery Hill Park at around 7.45am today.

I say ran past, they were going a hell of a lot quicker than I was. 
    So, what you meant was you almost caught up with them ;)
    Not sure, but I ran past Jackson and Gilbey in Avery Hill Park at around 7.45am today.

I say ran past, they were going a hell of a lot quicker than I was. 
    So his legs haven't gone then!
  • Adkins personifies this song

"Woke up this morning feeling fine"