Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• edited March 2021
    aliwibble said:
    That was a mental image I didn't need over lunch...
    Speak for yourself, broadminded adult conversation is something that would always work on the forum and is uplifting, as i am sure LoOkOut would back up.

• Was quite optimistic about Mr Adkins until I saw that bloody awful video.

Personally, I do not find enforced jollity in the face of a shit show in any way encouraging or motivational.

Just mildly irritating.

You like to live up to your rep don't you...

Personally, I do not find enforced jollity in the face of a shit show in any way encouraging or motivational.

Just mildly irritating. 

Sneak preview of one of Nige's Desert Island Discs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwksszrDYNw
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Selection headache in midfield for him.. Shinnie , Morgan,  Smith ,Watson, Pratley , Gilby , Forser Caskey all fighting for 2 spots. That will annoy him
  • ‘Sexy time’ lol.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    SamB09 said:
    Selection headache in midfield for him.. Shinnie , Morgan,  Smith ,Watson, Pratley , Gilby , Forser Caskey all fighting for 2 spots. That will annoy him
    Easy

Amos
    Gunter - Pratley - Pearce - F.Caskey
    Watson  
    Shinnie - Morgan - Smith - Gilbey
    Aneke

I know JFC has been great for us in recent games, but not sure even he can be in two places at once. 
    Doh forgot to put Smith back in!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All the quotes from Nigel Adkins first press conference as Charlton manager   by Benjy Nurick  Mar 2021  Medium...

Is that the bloke from Buffy and those Nescafé adverts?
  • What if you put Forster in midfield and Caskey in Defence? 
  • edited March 2021
    Anthony Stewart Head?
  • Sponsored links:

Just mildly irritating. 

Charlton Life would just not be the same without a grumpy old git to keep a check on reality...
  • Chunes said:
    Adkins went up to Coventry to see the U23s and they lost 4 - 0. Has to be hard for anyone to stand out on the end of a whooping like that.
    That's a bit harsh on our U23s .... they were a young inexperienced side with trialists and U-18s.
    Coventry played several of their 1st team squad players, including one who'd played 120 1st team games.

No wonder our lads were "on the end of a whooping".
    Coventry wouldn't normally have put such a stronger more experienced side.

Adkins would have taken all that into consideration.

• They had a Swedish youth international on loan from Brighton starting up front for them , was a very very strong side to see in an U23s game. 
  • edited March 2021
    Can just picture these videos in a few years time once the Charlton effect hits home

Drunk, unshaven and ranting at the camera that Darren Pratley needs to retire
    Well played FA,well played...that has proper tickled me...😂😂🤣🤣
  • Good he's getting his lux levels sorted out.
  • Understand these videos are primarily for the Prostate charity and a great achievement by all concerned in getting this cause out there, and raising funds required, so well done everyone, at the same time i am finding them very addictive and look forward to his positive and outgoing attitude to life each day, so thanks to the poster for relaying from Twitter, as i have no interest in "social media"