Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    A lot of chat about playing AMB, but he's injured and has had a few injuries this season? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    A lot of chat about playing AMB, but he's injured and has had a few injuries this season? 
    He's not injured at the moment though, was on the bench on Saturday
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    All head injuries too I believe. I guess we're keeping him for emergencies to reduce risk of any further concussions.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Not sure 🤔 if anyone has mentioned this - why did a left footed Famewo play on the right side of central defence & a right footed Jason Pearce play on the left side of defence against Wimbledon ? 
    Pearce was all at sea for first of Wimbledon goals. There was the calamity for the second goal. 
    Why do coaches insist on putting players on their wrong sides ? 
    Pearce is left footed and has played LCB all his career.
    Doesn’t Famewo usually play on left side of central defence ? Pearce often plays on the right side? 
  • Options
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Not sure 🤔 if anyone has mentioned this - why did a left footed Famewo play on the right side of central defence & a right footed Jason Pearce play on the left side of defence against Wimbledon ? 
    Pearce was all at sea for first of Wimbledon goals. There was the calamity for the second goal. 
    Doesn’t Famewo usually play on left side of central defence ? Pearce often plays on the right side? 
    They're both used to playing in the left
  • Options
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Do people even watch us? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Do people even watch us? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Thats a bit harsh. Given the amount of players played out of position this year on a regular basis. How many times has Famewo played the right centre back position this season ? 
  • Options
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Thats a bit harsh. Given the amount of players played out of position this year on a regular basis. How many times has Famewo played the right centre back position this season ? 
    Other than to cover at centre half because of injuries, who has been regularly out of position?
    Obviously Chucks and Doughty, but that has hardly been an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Other than to cover at centre half because of injuries, who has been regularly out of position?
    Morgan on the wings. 

Watson and Pratley not in the retirement homes. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    We played right footed players on the left side of the diamond, and left footed on the right side, quite a few times. 

Effectively the opposition only had to defend 1/3rd of the pitch since we weren't running or playing wide with that setup. 
  • Options
    Not sure if Pearce even has a right foot. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    I think fans could have asked if he had a left one too had it not been for that pass in the home game against Wimbledon

Pass of the season that was!! - Yup am making that a thing
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    I think fans could have asked if he had a left one too had it not been for that pass in the home game against Wimbledon

Pass of the season that was!! - Yup am making that a thing
    Naby definitely won pass of the season last season. (52 seconds in)

https://youtu.be/9ZqSGlpCLWk?t=52
  • Options
    Yeah that was absolutely class

Forster-Caskey's was class on Saturday to Millar as well but it wasnt an assist sadly
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Redrobo said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    We played right footed players on the left side of the diamond, and left footed on the right side, quite a few times. 

Effectively the opposition only had to defend 1/3rd of the pitch since we weren't running or playing wide with that setup. 
    I really can’t recall this. Millar is right footed but prefers the left as he can cut in. Central midfielders to an extent but I am not convinced that is particularly relevant as a lot of teams have two right footed players in midfield. 
    The Famewo example has some validity, but only if you prefer Pratley or Gunter playing there. Or of course Barker who can’t get a regular spot in the under 18’s. Personally I think Pearce and Famewo is the better option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    He was not injured as such he suffered concussion twice and had to follow concussion procedures 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He was not injured as such he suffered concussion twice and had to follow concussion procedures 
    A concussion is an injury. 

I would follow hamstring strain procedures suffering a hamstring strain.
  • Options
    I would start AMB in the next match. For me Amos is just not good enough, he unnerves an already jittery defence and his kick outs are abysmal.In addition I just wonder who,on earth thought signing Ronnie Schwartz was a good idea. In over 60 years of watching Charlton, I have never seen any player have as little impact as him,I really wonder if he is a real footballer or rather some imposter like George Weah's brother. It beggars belief how someone can have so few touches or have so little impact. It really is very strange
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Having missed the majority of Saturday's VP pre match, I didn't have the opportunity to see Thomas & hear what he had to say.

I wondered how he came across , what his demeanor was like & his body language. 

And today's photos from SL show him looking rather serious as opposed to the smiley face we've seen so often via video/zoom or indeed when he was able to attend a games at The Valley. 

It's clear that he has stepped back from the social media circus he was happy to engage in when he first arrived at our club, which was inevitable as well as sensible IMO.

But is his "absence" as far as communication with fans is concerned, something for us to be alarmed about, or is it just my natural instinct to worry ? 

Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere but I would be grateful if Lifers might post their thoughts on this issue.

Thanks 
  • Options
    Thomas is a steely and successful businessman. I suspect that he also knows a bunch of shit when he is looking at it!

Hence the face.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m not sure he even has a left foot!!😂🤣
  • Options
    Has Gilbey been injured ? 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Has Gilbey been injured ? 
    Yes he has. Now back training.
  • Options
    Having missed the majority of Saturday's VP pre match, I didn't have the opportunity to see Thomas & hear what he had to say.

I wondered how he came across , what his demeanor was like & his body language. 

And today's photos from SL show him looking rather serious as opposed to the smiley face we've seen so often via video/zoom or indeed when he was able to attend a games at The Valley. 

It's clear that he has stepped back from the social media circus he was happy to engage in when he first arrived at our club, which was inevitable as well as sensible IMO.

But is his "absence" as far as communication with fans is concerned, something for us to be alarmed about, or is it just my natural instinct to worry ? 

Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere but I would be grateful if Lifers might post their thoughts on this issue.

Thanks 
    I am not that worried honestly. He will no doubt be starting to really appreciate the size of the job he's taken on and it's no surprise that he's more "hands-off" now.

But he's appointed his own trusted men in key positions, including a manager he chose instead of inherited.

I think this summer will be very important as it will be his first chance to really get involved in the football side of it.

I'm curious to see what he does, but not worried yet.