Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison returns

Comments

• Options
    Is he allowed to play for us, even if we wanted him to? 
  • Options

This is all about the bloke's mental health, surely?

And maybe something to do with the Twitter post he put up the other day?

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    I think Adkins is the exact kinda person he needs in his life right now. Considering his daily posts, I'd be shocked if he just fucks him off like a lot of people on here are willing to do. 

The team are playing as a team now. I’m sure they’d rather not have a distraction like Maddison invthe dressing room.
    He'd be at the training ground, not playing.. he's obviously left Bolton  for mental health reasons. MM is player registered with us, if we wipe or noses of him and just pay him off then itl be a huge disappointment and hypocritical given the recent vibes being pushed out from the club.

Letting him go home is one thing, but paying him off is scummy 
    Unless that's what he wants. If he goes home and isn't planning on coming back what would be wrong with paying him off? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    I think Adkins is the exact kinda person he needs in his life right now. Considering his daily posts, I'd be shocked if he just fucks him off like a lot of people on here are willing to do. 

The team are playing as a team now. I’m sure they’d rather not have a distraction like Maddison invthe dressing room.
    He'd be at the training ground, not playing.. he's obviously left Bolton  for mental health reasons. MM is player registered with us, if we wipe or noses of him and just pay him off then itl be a huge disappointment and hypocritical given the recent vibes being pushed out from the club.

Unless that's what he wants. If he goes home and isn't planning on coming back what would be wrong with paying him off? 
    Yeah if he want to thats fine, but the tone of the first few posts on  here was pay him off and fuck him off 
  • Options
    Think its telling that Peterborough are looking very likely to get promoted this season without him.

I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, obviously has a lot of issues that I hope he sorts mentally. Reminds me of my brother, more worried about playing his playstation over family and work.
    The guy had something like 90 assists and 60 goals in 250 performances for Peterborough I expect the reason they didn't get promoted in previous seasons was probably not really down to him.

That being said they obviously moved him on at the right time for them.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I don't see it as a case of pushing him out.

He's left Bolton for mental health reasons, so i can't imagine that with 4 weeks of the season left and him not being able to play for us anyway that we're going to be demanding he rocks up for training.

I'm sure it'll be a case of Adkins saying to him 'go and see your daughter and sort your head out and i'm here to support you if you need anything'.
    Me neither, I was responding to the tone of posts on here 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah if he want to thats fine, but the tone of the first few posts was pay him off and fuck him off 
    Wasn't my intention. It wouldn't surprise me if we paid up his contract so it's done with but still offer him support if needed. Would be very unlikely we'd just say jog on you're not our problem now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Perhaps if he put in more hard work, application and focussed on his job then the success might just come.
    "Mental health issues are an illusion. No such thing as society, only hard work, haves and have-nots."
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

He's left Bolton for mental health reasons, so i can't imagine that with 4 weeks of the season left and him not being able to play for us anyway that we're going to be demanding he rocks up for training.

I'm sure it'll be a case of Adkins saying to him 'go and see your daughter and sort your head out and i'm here to support you if you need anything'.
    Agreed, I don't think Adkins will want to risk upsetting the 'togetherness' of the squad 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah if he want to thats fine, but the tone of the first few posts was pay him off and fuck him off 
    Wasn't my intention. It wouldn't surprise me if we paid up his contract so it's done with but still offer him support if needed. Would be very unlikely we'd just say jog on you're not our problem now. 
    What's the real difference between paying him 4 monthly payments to not play/train or 1 payment of 4 months wages to not play/train? 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No
    Thanks, I didn't think so. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

What's the real difference between paying him 4 monthly payments to not play/train or 1 payment of 4 months wages to not play/train? 
    He gets all the money immediately which he may prefer 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

He gets all the money immediately which he may prefer 🤷‍♂️
    Well quite, hardly a scummy thing to do is it. 
  • Options
    Perhaps we will see what Adkins and Maddison are made off. Great player on his day, just those days are now getting so far apart.
  • Options
    I reckon he'll be going home (whether that is) to sort his life out. There's no point him returning to us as we can't play him, and Adkins doesn't need the distraction
    Who will be paying him?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No
    why - please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a difficult time for Maddison. Hopefully he can use this time, while still being paid which is good, to go home and start to get his head right ahead of getting a new club in the summer. Recovering from mental health issues doesn't work on a schedule but he's in a good place now to be able to make some serious progress getting better.
  • Options
    I have not read all the information, but surely, if Bolton agreed to take him until the end of the season, the fact that he is being let go, must mean that they are still the ones owing him the money until the end of the season, unless they paid him off.
  • Options
    I reckon he'll be going home (whether that is) to sort his life out. There's no point him returning to us as we can't play him, and Adkins doesn't need the distraction
    Who will be paying him?
    I imagine he will be paid as per the loan agreement in January

If Bolton agreed to pay 50% (or whatever) of his wages until the end of the season, they'll continue to do so until the end of June, while we pay our share. 
  • Options
    Perhaps we will see what Adkins and Maddison are made off. Great player on his day, just those days are now getting so far apart.
    But if he can't play for us this season, is there really any reason to offer him a new contract? Offer him support with his issues and the opportunity to train with us if both sides believe that it will be in their mutual interests for him to do so but, short of a "pay as you play" type contract, I really can't see that he has any future with us.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Exactly. A few chats with Adkins would probably benefit him BUT being stuck by himself in a South London flat/hotel won't.

The last thing we need in training is someone who we aren't allowed to pick. If we were drifting in midtable it might be ok, but we have a new manager trying to get promotion, with 2 games a week to play. His priority has to be the current squad
  • Options
    Surprised they’ve made it ‘public’ in cancelling ties and not just said he’s picked up an injury keeping him out of consideration 
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be possible to deal with this situation with a degree of sensitivity one day at a time, one event at a time, and see how it goes?