Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison returns

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    Talal said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    I think Adkins is the exact kinda person he needs in his life right now. Considering his daily posts, I'd be shocked if he just fucks him off like a lot of people on here are willing to do. 

The team are playing as a team now. I’m sure they’d rather not have a distraction like Maddison invthe dressing room.
    He'd be at the training ground, not playing.. he's obviously left Bolton  for mental health reasons. MM is player registered with us, if we wipe or noses of him and just pay him off then itl be a huge disappointment and hypocritical given the recent vibes being pushed out from the club.

Letting him go home is one thing, but paying him off is scummy 
    Unless that's what he wants. If he goes home and isn't planning on coming back what would be wrong with paying him off? 
    Yeah if he want to thats fine, but the tone of the first few posts was pay him off and fuck him off 
    Wasn't my intention. It wouldn't surprise me if we paid up his contract so it's done with but still offer him support if needed. Would be very unlikely we'd just say jog on you're not our problem now. 
    What's the real difference between paying him 4 monthly payments to not play/train or 1 payment of 4 months wages to not play/train? 
    He gets all the money immediately which he may prefer 🤷‍♂️
    Well quite, hardly a scummy thing to do is it. 
    Fuck me, it's not all about money, it's duty of care. Il repeat it again, booting him out with a cheque and wiping your nose is scummy. Letting him go home to be with his kid isn't scummy, neither is paying him off but being there for support. 
    Fuck me, no need to get your knickers in a twist.  No one was suggesting we bung him a few quid and tell him to never darken our door again.  Like you said it's not about the money, like I said it doesn't matter if its one payment or 4 if he can't play and isn't going to be "in the building". 
  • Options
    Hope he is able to sort out his mental health and family issues and get himself back on track.

Just shows that, as many suspected and said, all wasn't right with him while he was here (and perhaps before).

While the then manager may not have helped the situation, and maybe made it worse, it wasn't all about Bowyer.
    And of course at Hull last season too....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This could be intresting and glad you have started a new thread because I am fed up of the notifications from the other one 🤣🤣
    @Cafc43v3r you can turn off the notifications.......
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is he allowed to play for us, even if we wanted him to? 
    No
    why - please
    I believe there's a rule... You can't play for more than two EFL clubs in one season. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No
    why - please
    I believe there's a rule... You can't play for more than two EFL clubs in one season. 
    That's not the issue, as we're one of the 2 clubs anyway

It's because we're between transfer windows, he can't change PL/EFL clubs from the one he's registered to, which is Bolton

He could go to the National League though
    Maybe a few games for someone like Gateshead (close to his daughter) might help him rediscover his form.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This could be intresting and glad you have started a new thread because I am fed up of the notifications from the other one 🤣🤣
    Off topic, but Absolutely no idea why anyone would Have thread notifications switched on. 

You are aware you can individually configure your profile and notification preferences to specify exactly what pop-up or email notifications you receive from CL?? 

See this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87388/how-to-manage-email-pop-up-site-notifications/p1

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Off topic, but Absolutely no idea why anyone would Have thread notifications switched on. 

You are aware you can individually configure your profile and notification preferences to specify exactly what pop-up or email notifications you receive from CL?? 

See this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87388/how-to-manage-email-pop-up-site-notifications/p1

I've got 26,198 notifications.

No, not kidding either.
    Does that mean I can switch off notifications also, AFKA?

Or if I do nothing, will I one day get a message, "Notifications Inbox is full" ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No
    why - please
    That's not the issue, as we're one of the 2 clubs anyway

It's because we're between transfer windows, he can't change PL/EFL clubs from the one he's registered to, which is Bolton

He could go to the National League though
    Thanks. I just came back here to raise the question again when I realised that he'd only played for us and Bolton.
  • Options
    No one knows what CAFC have or haven't done.
    What's the point of speculating? 
  • Options
    Because there is not a lot else to do?
    Shouldn't you be in the pub anyway :smile:
  • Options
    I am :smile:
  • Options
    So you can either slag off or defend Bowyer?
  • Options

I recognise that pub
  • Options
    Even though he can’t play, perhaps Adkins will become bit of a father figure and help him out a bit.  Not suggesting Maddison should be involved in first team training, but maybe using the gym and him being in a good environment might help. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I recognise that pub
    I wonder what Melbec on that board tastes like ? 
  • Options
    Marcus Maddison is not someone I would want to go to the pub with but he is obviously not well and I hope he goes away and gets better and finds happiness again
  • Options

I recognise that pub
    Crown & Anchor.
  • Options
    MM fairly clearly says he's going home
    He's not permitted to play for Charlton this season
    Be daft for Adkins not to have him in to SL to run the rule over him
    Charlton certainly has duty of care over its employee
    Up to MM if he returns to SE London - wasn't a happy place for him under LB
    All the best to MM in whatever he chooses or needs to do next
    Speculation on whether we see him in a Charlton shirt again is unhelpful at best.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    he gives Adkins another option and it's sure that he will be better managed than he was by Bowyer .. be great to see him come on and score a Wembley winner .. welcome back Marcus
    EDIT .. it seems from reading above, that the Wembley goal will not be happening  :'(
  • Options
    As much as we love the game and would say it’s a waste of talent....at the end of the day this proves it is just a career for these guys! There is a lot more to life than attempting to reignite your football career when you have other shit going on!