Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison returns

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, I like to think the club are considering the best way forward and we don’t necessarily need to be kept up to date with that. 
    Having a man like NA at the helm gives me a lot more confidence that the club will do the right thing than if we had most other managers in charge. He just has an air of empathy and humanity about him.

At the end of the day, a lot of people on charltonlife are shifting their stance to one of sympathy towards Marcus Maddison (myself included) and I’m glad to see this. 
    I don’t know whether this shift is due to a sudden realisation that this is a man who needs some help to overcome his demons (or maybe just his circumstances).
    Maybe the tragic circumstances surrounding Lee Collins’ death has given us all pause for thought and forced us to reflect on how footballers are going through their own troubles and some of them are finding it all a bit too much.
    Maybe it’s something else, I don’t know, but I hope the shift on charltonlife towards support and compassion towards those with mental health issues is continued, and not just in the context of professional footballers. 
    Again, I like to think that it will, as I’m often struck by the levels of compassion, generosity, empathy and selflessness evident on this board.
    Hopefully I’m not being too optimistic, and maybe this shift in attitudes will be evident elsewhere too.

• Options
    To be honest, I like to think the club are considering the best way forward and we don’t necessarily need to be kept up to date with that. 
    Having a man like NA at the helm gives me a lot more confidence that the club will do the right thing than if we had most other managers in charge. He just has an air of empathy and humanity about him.

At the end of the day, a lot of people on charltonlife are shifting their stance to one of sympathy towards Marcus Maddison (myself included) and I’m glad to see this. 
    I don’t know whether this shift is due to a sudden realisation that this is a man who needs some help to overcome his demons (or maybe just his circumstances).
    Maybe the tragic circumstances surrounding Lee Collins’ death has given us all pause for thought and forced us to reflect on how footballers are going through their own troubles and some of them are finding it all a bit too much.
    Maybe it’s something else, I don’t know, but I hope the shift on charltonlife towards support and compassion towards those with mental health issues is continued, and not just in the context of professional footballers. 
    Again, I like to think that it will, as I’m often struck by the levels of compassion, generosity, empathy and selflessness evident on this board.
    Hopefully I’m not being too optimistic, and maybe this shift in attitudes will be evident elsewhere too.

This isn't a dig at you or anyone else on here but I still feel there is a long way to go, the sympathy he is getting now is obviously a good thing but it shouldn't need to get to the lowest point in someone's life that others then feel it is okay to be empathetic towards others. Many people go through issues, some are vocal about it, some are not but that doesn't mean we should only be nice to those who have spoken out. 

Mental health and the awareness around it has come along way in a fairly short amount of time but we all still need to do more.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

This isn't a dig at you or anyone else on here but I still feel there is a long way to go, the sympathy he is getting now is obviously a good thing but it shouldn't need to get to the lowest point in someone's life that others then feel it is okay to be empathetic towards others. Many people go through issues, some are vocal about it, some are not but that doesn't mean we should only be nice to those who have spoken out. 

Mental health and the awareness around it has come along way in a fairly short amount of time but we all still need to do more.
    I don’t disagree with any of that. I should really have said as much in my post, but it was already getting a bit long...I have been known to go on a bit!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    According to his instagram, government are corrupt, don't get the vaccine - you don’t know the long term effects and you’re a sheep if you do. 
    If i lived my life doing and believing the opposite of this clown, i’d be a very wise man. 
  • Options
    According to his instagram, government are corrupt, don't get the vaccine - you don’t know the long term effects and you’re a sheep if you do. 
    If i lived my life doing and believing the opposite of this clown, i’d be a very wise man. 
    Ask him what his view is on 5G, the moon landing and if zombies can rise from the death.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Ask him what his view is on 5G, the moon landing and if zombies can rise from the death.
    Source?

• Options
    The long term effects of junk food and a bad diet are proven, on the other hand.
  • Options
    He struck me as quite undisciplined, homesick, disillusioned with the game and wont to saying a few potty things. But his assertion that the Govt is corrupt and we don't know the long term effects of the Covid-19 Vaccination programme seem actually two very reasonable points of view.
    Also I would be very disillusioned in football currently..it doesn't seem to be much fun. Not even for those at the "top" of the game 
    I hope he finds the right path for him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like he's got two goals already for Spalding in Pre-Season
  • Options
    Really interesting that, and quite sad that he had so few friends in football. One comment really stood out got me

"I played better when I was happy. When you do what you want, and when you enjoy life, it shows in the performances. I always found when I tried to do everything correctly, and I did what everyone wanted me to do, my performances dipped because I was keeping everyone else happy and not myself."

I can just imagine the personality clash between Bowyer and Maddison...
    Shouldn’t he question why he has few friends in football?
  • Options
    Goodness knows what he has supposed to have done. The post above reveals nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    Goodness knows what he has supposed to have done. The post above reveals nothing.
    You'd need to click on the image and read the full message he's sent to a young lady (well, 50 of them).

• Options
    50 young ladies it seems 
  • Options
    Christ, I’d struggle to type that message out let alone send it to 50 birds. The sad thing is, he probably got a shag out of it.
  • Options
    Weird thick Cnut. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird thick Cnut. 

Bloke needs help - and lots of it.
  • Options
    His profile photo is still of him in a Charlton shirt, despite not playing for us for a season and a half
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    His profile photo is still of him in a Charlton shirt, despite not playing for us for a season and a half
    Hoping for a comeback 
  • Options
    Weird thick Cnut. 

Bloke needs help - and lots of it.
    I am not excusing doing it but why then share it!!!
  • Options
    Jees grow up! For somebody who says they live for their daughter, he's got a great way of showing how to carry yourself.
  • Options
    When he made the posting about his eating habits and specifically pizza very early in his time with us and before he's kicked a ball in anger for us, I questioned why he's joined us and what his motivation was to let us know what he was doing 24/7 especially when it was something as mundane as ordering a pizza. I haven't changed my opinion of him and just think that the subject matter might change but the attention seeking doesn't:

I'm not really worried what he eats. I'm more concerned whether he really wants it enough. The Peterborough fall out followed by a less than successful spell at Hull plus his desire to play up north, nearer to home, in the Championship doesn't suggest that he was desperate to play for us. Whatever we might think of us, we can hardly be described as his "dream move" and his ambitions have been considerably lowered in a matter of months. In fact, he is far worse off financially now and further south than had he signed a new contract at Peterborough last season.

I just want him to prove that he is worth what we think he is worth. Actions speak louder than instagram postings.
  • Options
    The thing that i find most shocking about that post is how the fuck he got over 50 matches.
  • Options
    The thing that i find most shocking about that post is how the fuck he got over 50 matches.
    Footballers = $$$. Though sadly for those 50 women not in this case.
  • Options
    Cause standards drop like a sack of spuds when someone has money or status. 

He’s genuinely a top class wanker, some people will still defend him though