Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Does anyone have a list of players we’ve played against who look above our level and worth signing? Crewe had a couple in midfield for starters. 
    Players with energy and pace who can spot a pass as well as tackle. 
    I sense another rumours thread here,.....
    I liked the look of Dale on Tuesday, composed and took his chances well.
    Funny a player does well against us and everyone says buy him .. Fraser of MK Dons not heard of him since they played us .. the young striker at Plymouth not scored for 18 games .... 
    Fraser was linked with us last January when he was @ Burton...

Was surprised we didnt sign him ourselves in the summer, although guess a certain embargo stopped us
    I'm surprised HOW good he's been this season

Yes MKD play a very creative style, but 14 league goals this season is a massive step up from the 5 and 6 a season he got for Burton
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Was anyone even surprised when Crewe equalised? So damn inevitable, if this lot can't hold a lead going into added time now, they never will.

So sick of it
    Fairly sure the ref played about 15 to 30 seconds past the 5 minutes of added time and should have blown for full time instead of watching football tennis in our box.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    siblers said:
    Was anyone even surprised when Crewe equalised? So damn inevitable, if this lot can't hold a lead going into added time now, they never will.

So sick of it
    Fairly sure the ref played about 15 to 30 seconds past the 5 minutes of added time and should have blown for full time instead of watching football tennis in our box.
    I'm sure we time wasted for at least 30 seconds during added time, which was then added on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Jayajosh said:
    siblers said:

So sick of it
    I'm sure we time wasted for at least 30 seconds during added time, which was then added on
    Ahh, but what about the time wasting during the extra 30 seconds added on for the time wasting during the extra time added on and on and on....just set a time at the end of 90 and bloody well stick to it, at least that way we may have an idea where we are.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    There is an element of horses for courses though. For instance, there wasn't much wrong with how we set up against Plymouth. What is important of course is to get it right for whatever opponent and if it isn't right, be ready to change. I think Nigel took a bit too long on Tuesday. Yes Aneke was about to come on, but they equalised before it happened.

When it isn't working, make the change quickly as it rarely fixes itself unless a glaring tactical change with personnel on the pitch is possible. I think managers delay sometimes because they are not quite sure what is best to do. I think they should change it and take it from there as Crewe were looking like they would get an equaliser any minute before they did so something has to be done whether you know what that something is or you are not sure. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    ross1 said:
    Not great tonight but a point. We have to be better Saturday. We will give our all until the end. 3 To go.

As sure as night follows day, a template Jason Pearce tweet after a loss
    I like Pearce, always gives 100% and never hides.  He is past his best and has not had a great season but some of the vitriol towards him is not very becoming.
    I agree but the post you quoted was not vitriol. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Lets be honest, do any of us really believe we are good enough to get into play-offs and get promoted? Just get this season over, Gallen, Adkins and TS get a good squad together for next season and go for automatic promotion
    I still believe that we can get to the play offs and from there get promotion .. AND I am sure that the players feel the same  .. If any of them don't then they have no right to consider themselves professional footballers.
    The thing is .. IT IS IN OUR OWN HANDS .. three wins and we are DEFINITELY in the play offs where it looks like it could be us v Lincoln .. and we are well capable of beating them OR ANYBOBY .. folks, you got to believe otherwise crawl away and die
    Nice one. Needed that. 
    Crawl and away and die!
    There's vitriol.