Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

So close to getting the three points we wanted. I’m going to keep this quick, because I’m gutted!

Off to a good start going ahead, perhaps against the run of play. I thought we needed to dominate when we came out in the second half. We didn’t adjust and it was much of the same until they equalised.

We made changes at 70+ mins and we finally found that extra gear, largely due to harassing them better and a change in formation, with Aneke and Washington up top. We went ahead on a great goal and looked to be on our way.

We gave them the ball back in the final twenty seconds and they conjured up an equaliser in the final seconds.

Over to you.

Comments

• Never should have lost that. Depressing.

• The liked of Pearce and Pratley are meant to be helping us see out games with their experience, rather than act and play like silly buggers whenever we near the final whistle.
  • Is playing too deep while a goal up a written rule?
  • Sponsored links:

• Really thought we we see it out. Should have known better. 
  • I really think we miss our home fans more than we could know, teams just seem to come to valley and have confidence against us. Forget the timing of the goals overall they were the better side and deserved at least a point, at least we are away on Saturday!
  • Why do we never score in injury time? Pathetic piss poor bottle jobs
  • Thank god for Accrington, although might not be saying that come Saturday @ 5pm

Blackpool are the winners tonight compared to our 6-0 win last week

The last three games really have shown that we cant predict any performances in the next week and a half

Having games in hand really hasnt been beneficial to teams this season
  • After the subs we pressured them quite well and that worked. Until the final seconds where we gave them plenty of space to get up the pitch and pepper the box with crosses.
  • Home record since the start of the year

W2 D5 L6   - not even averaging a point a game.

Utterly useless.
  • The home hoo doo continues.

The birds are definitely not singing at the Valley and the sun ain't f*****g shining!!
  • We are not going to make the playoffs. Yes mathematically in with a chance but we are not good enough. Played off the park second half
  • Good news...accy is an away. Bad news...Lincoln and Hull are home. That is all that needs to be said
  • Didn't deserve the 3 points, but oh so nearly....... gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn’t deserve to win the game, don’t deserve to go up. Might aswel put us out of our misery now.
  • Utter useless arseholes.  The social media boycott couldn't have come at a more convenient time.
  • Why do we never score in injury time? Pathetic piss poor bottle jobs
    Most recent statbank says we've scored beyond 90mins two times this season

That goal for Crewe tonight was the third time its happened to us
  • Pearce gets in don’t panic mode again and that’s it!