Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

Comments

• Options
    I'd sign that Dale.
    We will probably sign Winton 
    They did have a bloke called Wintle in midfield who did the Watson job well I thought. We could go and get Dale/Wintle in the summer.
  • Options
    Big clear out please 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Big clear out please 
    And pray we like the new lot ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Not a great fan of the 4-3-3. Personally prefer Chuks to Stockley too, but also think they could be a handful together. Millar was our best player so slightly strange to sub him off
    I'd play Aneke and Stockley together on Saturday, Accrington are going to be a physical team so match them up top - Give their Centre Backs a bloody job to do rather than allow them to comfortably bully anyone
    Have to have Pratley starting too.

Last post from me, but I'd hope we go 3-5-2 again.

We cannot allow ourselves to be overrun again.

Amos

Inniss - Pearce - Famewo

Matthews - F.Caskey - Pratley - Gilbey - Maatsen

Aneke - Stockley

Replace Stockley on the hour with Wash. 
  • Options
    It shows how far we’ve fallen when people are pinning there hopes on chuks Aneke as our saviour, ffs standards really have fallen. The next thing will be we should have started Albie Morgan!!!.. crewe deserved the point at least, we aren’t dead and buried, on to the next one. To still have a chance is a bonus considering the way our season has gone. Let’s see what happens Saturday.
  • Options
    Been saying we need at least 75 points. Need to win all 3 as I dont think 74 will be enough. 
    We cant get 75-pts now

Portsmouth and Oxford will have to win their last two games to achieve 75-pts and 74-pts respectfully

We can either finish on 67-pts | 68-pts | 69-pts | 70-pts | 71-pts | 72-pts | 73-pts | 76-pts
    You're right that we can't achieve 75 pts but we can get between 67 and 74 points with anywhere between zero and 7 points and 76 with 9 points (don't all laugh now). 
  • Options
    Now we have to risk giving Inniss and Aneke more playing time. It's Sh*t or bust. It is still in our hands but we have to play a lot better than we did today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On paper our squad didn't look too bad but on the pitch they just don't turn up. 
    This.

Whatever league we are in next year, I think there is going to be a huge clear-out of players at the end of this season. If we somehow fluke it and get up - looking unlikely to put it mildly - wholesale changes will be needed to give us even a semblance of chance of staying up. And even if we don't go up, then I can see at least half of those who played tonight gone next year.
  • Options
    That was really crap... outplayed and should have lost. Let's call it a blip though, somehow still in our hands
  • Options
    I'd sign that Dale.
    We will probably sign Winton 
    They did have a bloke called Wintle in midfield who did the Watson job well I thought. We could go and get Dale/Wintle in the summer.
    God I thought that said Dale winton for a second!!!!😂
  • Options
    Been saying we need at least 75 points. Need to win all 3 as I dont think 74 will be enough. 
    We cant get 75-pts now

Portsmouth and Oxford will have to win their last two games to achieve 75-pts and 74-pts respectfully

We can either finish on 67-pts | 68-pts | 69-pts | 70-pts | 71-pts | 72-pts | 73-pts | 76-pts
    You're right that we can't achieve 75 pts but we can get between 67 and 74 points with anywhere between zero and 7 points and 76 with 9 points (don't all laugh now). 
    I know, didnt I put that in the last line? ;)
  • Options

The only happy ending tonight.
  • Options
    Let’s get one thing straight, Crewe are not Brazil, they are 14th with a -7 GD, which doesn’t happen by accident.  

We, are just shit, and our new manager lift is slowly deflating, unfortunately.  We’ve improved defensively but we were poor tonight, and I think play offs are gone now.
  • Options
    I don't think I've been less interested in a Charlton side for a long time. Having no fans hasn't helped but the whole team is just a bit boring, which is what the football has been like all season. 

We've got some good players but as a team and squad we're just very workmanlike and I never feel confident we can get a good result. Home form is shocking.

Bet we can't give up. If we can find a 6 game winning streak again we'll be promoted at Wembley. I do think we need to have Washington and Aneke on the pitch longer. Stockley just doesn't do enough for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    My biggest worry is how little youth/talent we have that you can see making the step up to championship football. 

We are in such a horrible position right now. 

All the talent is in the Under 18 who win every week. 

The frustration for me tonight is its Patently clear that we need to have two strikers in tandem playing together at home. I say this in the preview, and don't wait for the obvious to unfold. Playing Stockley as a lone striker at home is unfair on him and he has scored 7 goals with his head but Washington and Aneke are the main two guys with 24 goals between them. 

How many more time are we going to concede at the death when we defend too deep. 
  • Options
    It ain’t over till the fat lady sings,so they say.Nowgot to win 2 out of our last 3 games but ffs Adkins play Famewo and innis together Aneke and Washington on from the start and bring Shinnie in a midfield four with Jfc pratley and gilbey then I’d be very confident of claiming the required 6points Do IT.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    He has been excellent. I can understand Watson playing in front of the back four but we need to take a risk and we have three midfielders in JFC, Gilbey and Shinnie that together should add energy and dynamism. Also, all know where the goal is so it affords you playing one up front.
  • Options
    Tonight Adkins really disappointed, I thought our issue was clear, Watson cannot play the base of a diamond, he don’t have the legs any more, Saturday then Tuesday no chance!

We’ve seen this all season with him and to a lesser degree Pratters (who I thought made a positive difference). 

I think we simply don’t have the players for a diamond, it requires energy, that we don’t have.

Sad to say if by some fluke we make playoffs Blackpool and Lincoln are better teams, Mackens in free fall but tonight has done our chances🤢
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep:

Amos
    Purrington
    Inniss 
    Gilbey
    Washington
    Aneke

That's it.
    Granted he had a quiet game, but Jake Forster-Caskey is likely to win player of the year by a landslide and he's not on your list?
    He's always the missing man when we struggle, he shines when we win. I just can't decide on him. Our most successful season in years, he was not in our squad often.

Apologies I said I was switching off and I am now! 
  • Options
    I don't think I've been less interested in a Charlton side for a long time. Having no fans hasn't helped but the whole team is just a bit boring, which is what the football has been like all season. 

We've got some good players but as a team and squad we're just very workmanlike and I never feel confident we can get a good result. Home form is shocking.

Bet we can't give up. If we can find a 6 game winning streak again we'll be promoted at Wembley. I do think we need to have Washington and Aneke on the pitch longer. Stockley just doesn't do enough for me. 
    Desperate to win, as it’s Charlton after all- but this team just doesn’t feel ‘Charlton’... 

it’s too similar to the duchatelet years of ‘ok-ish’ recruitment where we feel the more players you sign the likelyhood of finding a gem increases - doesn’t work like that! 

Very inept and turgid team, with a few bright sparks. No one seems to be ambitious or fight for the shirt- oh to have a Chrissy Powell/Johnnie Jackson/Patrick Bauer.

Too many loan players, especially young and inexperienced mixed in with last chancers and take-a-chancers!

It’s a squad in numbers only.
    next season NEEDS a clear out, and a recruitment drive where we build a squad of personalities and friends but also a team!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep:

Amos
    Purrington
    Inniss 
    Gilbey
    Washington
    Aneke

That's it.
    Granted he had a quiet game, but Jake Forster-Caskey is likely to win player of the year by a landslide and he's not on your list?
    He's always the missing man when we struggle, he shines when we win. I just can't decide on him. Our most successful season in years, he was not in our squad often.

Apologies I said I was switching off and I am now! 
    The season he tore his ACL one day before the first game? 

By far our best player all season, we’d be absolutely bonkers not to resign him. If he leaves it will be to a team in a higher league position than us currently
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Don’t think we have enough to squeeze into the play offs where we will get murdered anyway. After some of the results we’ve had this season it’s been a damn fine effort to still be in with a shout but this season has been bitty a f. Nigel Adkins to bring in some quality next season and make a real push for autos. After going up in the final minute in the play off and then getting relegated last day of the following season I could do without the stress for one year. Let’s piss this league 21-22.