Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

Comments

• Options

I’m glad you posted that. Just about to go to bed in disgust, but couldn’t help think I’d forgotten something....a timely reminder.
    Always helps me!
  • Options
    61% possession in crewe's favour - poor,  especially at home
  • Options
    Should be used to disappointment but never do. Crewe deserved to win. We made them look so good. Just see the game out. 3 very tough games now. Not convinced we will do it but this is Charlton. 50 years of supporting them
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    I'd sign that Dale.
    I’d sign a lot their players, they know how to pass and move with plenty of energy 
    So did we last Tuesday... You dont sign players after seeing them play one game
    I’d get rid of a lot of our players then if that makes us better than the shit served up tonight 
  • Options
    Why do we never score in injury time? Pathetic piss poor bottle jobs
    Most recent statbank says we've scored beyond 90mins two times this season

That goal for Crewe tonight was the third time its happened to us
    Shinnie got an equaliser against Swindon and Purrington a meaningless 5th against Wimbledon. Not sure how many we’ve conceded, last season it was a joke
  • Options
    I have been saying we need a plan B for when 4-3-3 isn't working and been criticised for it.

Tonight was evidence that we can have a plan b, but need to implement it sooner.
  • Options

Shinnie got an equaliser against Swindon and Purrington a meaningless 5th against Wimbledon. Not sure how many we’ve conceded, last season it was a joke
    Last season we were the small fish in a big pond

Teams were fitter and better than us so there was always an increased chance of that happening
  • Options
    That's a real sickener
  • Options
    We wanted to rely on Innis to make 3 big headers in a row and just have a breather knowing he was on. If the back line stayed tight, they would have got the 2nd ball.

Frustrating and lack of leadership from our apparent leaders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Teams were fitter and better than us so there was always an increased chance of that happening
    Possibly, think its more of a mentality thing. So frustrating 
  • Options
    Sickening actually.
  • Options

Possibly, think its more of a mentality thing. So frustrating 
    Probably is this season what with the overall home form

We've had too many player changes from last season for it to be a knock on effect though
  • Options
    • Quite honestly if we sneaked into the play offs it would be a waste of a couple of weeks which is sorely needed to re assemble a squad capable of going up and staying there.We were totally out played tonight,almost from start to finish.
    • Why does Aneke only play for such short periods,surely he could play 60 minutes  every now and then.
  • Options
    Been saying we need at least 75 points. Need to win all 3 as I dont think 74 will be enough. 
  • Options
    My biggest worry is how little youth/talent we have that you can see making the step up to championship football. 

We are in such a horrible position right now. 

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Why has Chuks been marginalised.  Maatsen starting in front of him or Washington just is head scratching. 
    Washington and Maatsen have been playing ahead of him because they can play wide

In a 4-3-3 formation, its a choice between Aneke or Stockley, the former has been injured so its not been a difficult choice for Adkins as he's wanted to manage Chuks back into the team, we all know how he can breakdown so easily.
    He hasn't been injured for ages.
    He came on today playing wide!

Sorry but he's our best goal threat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a difference a week makes. Hopefully we will all feel very differently next Tuesday but it's probably going to be too much to ask unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Playoffs looking unlikely now. That's the 1st time I have said that ! I just can see us beating Lincoln or hull and even accrington is looking unlikely after that performance tonight. Stockley looks knackered and I feel sorry for him it must be terrible having balls lumped up to you and nobody supports around him. I would start chucks and washington at the weekend and also  drop JFC for shinnie 
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2021
    Charlton's midfield was being overrun for large portions of the game, not sure if the players are fit enough to come on earlier but the midfield should have been addressed. Anneke surely would have managed longer.

The reliance on the long ball to Stockley appears pointless if none of his knock downs are picked up and the players are miles away from him. He is not one for pressing either. Two up front would have been better.

Possession and passing was terrible for the majority of the game.

Maatsen lacked energy and was shaping up to be sent off by a card waving ref, Kettle. Typically, as with nearly every game, I have seen with Kettle referring, he stuffs Charlton up by allowing 5+ minutes that enabled Crewe the time to equalise. Not that's the reason why Charlton did not win the game. Crewe passed the ball well but if this Charlton team can't manage to beat a 15th placed Crewe team with nothing left to play for are they good enough to go up ?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Been saying we need at least 75 points. Need to win all 3 as I dont think 74 will be enough. 
    We cant get 75-pts now

Portsmouth and Oxford will have to win their last two games to achieve 75-pts and 74-pts respectfully

We can either finish on 67-pts | 68-pts | 69-pts | 70-pts | 71-pts | 72-pts | 73-pts | 76-pts
  • Options
    Not a great fan of the 4-3-3. Personally prefer Chuks to Stockley too, but also think they could be a handful together. Millar was our best player so slightly strange to sub him off
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone else noticed but that Tom Lowery looks like a proper player. He’s only 5’6” but he really reminded me of Cullen - didn’t stop running and had real quality in possession. 

I for one can’t wait to gut this squad and go again with a proper budget and fans in the stadium. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Why has Chuks been marginalised.  Maatsen starting in front of him or Washington just is head scratching. 
    Washington and Maatsen have been playing ahead of him because they can play wide

In a 4-3-3 formation, its a choice between Aneke or Stockley, the former has been injured so its not been a difficult choice for Adkins as he's wanted to manage Chuks back into the team, we all know how he can breakdown so easily.
    He hasn't been injured for ages.
    He came on today playing wide!

Sorry but he's our best goal threat.
    He only came back a week ago, Plymouth was his first game since the Doncaster outing when he got injured

He played wide at times because when Aneke came on we went from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 so had two up top so meant the Striker didnt have to sit as centrally as Stockley does what with not having two wingers
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Watson played like a 46 year old who still doesn't want to retire, as he still wants to live in Beckenham on an interest only mortgage!

Famewo looked very good and solid on the left hand side. Showed strength and poise. Pearcy has gone into Pearcy mode again, so I expect a change here.