Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

Comments

• Options
    Adds to my pain...... 
  • Options
    Got to win our last 3.

Got to beat a woeful Lincoln side who havent won in weeks......oh wait, that was a month ago before they mugged us off.

Nobody seemed to care then but I said it would come back & bite us on the arse.

Hope they beat us now as we deserve it. Should have never postponed that match. 
    That’s re-writing history a bit - plenty said that Lincoln calling that game off was very convenient for them.
  • Options
    Gutted. Curbs, Matty and Scot were very flat afterwards - I think tonight proved to them that we're going nowhere this season.
  • Options
    I'd sign that Dale.
    I’d sign a lot their players, they know how to pass and move with plenty of energy 
  • Options
    We needed to press their defence more from the 1st minute. Imagine if we start a play-off game like that. Half of me really wants to avoid the Playoffs this season. 
  • Options
    Gave the ball away continually, handed Crewe the midfield and made a lower placed league one team look like Brazil - again. 1-1 and bringing on Aneke, Inniss, Washington and Prately improved things. Gilbey gets a goal to give Charlton a pretty undeserved lead at 2-1. Can Charlton hold on ? No they bloody can't. What a kick in the balls.

Charlton can still make the play offs by beating Accrington, Lincoln and Hull but it looks like a long shot.  Looking like another season in league one. Hard work supporting Charlton on occassions.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Got what we deserved. No way we should have won that game. We made Crewe look like Barcelona. Too many bottle jobs out there tonight. Absolutely not a chance in hell of beating Hull or Lincoln. Season over.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    I'd sign that Dale.
    I’d sign a lot their players, they know how to pass and move with plenty of energy 
    So did we last Tuesday... You dont sign players after seeing them play one game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Another season of L1 football assured by yet another calamity at the death. 
    The only positive thing about this season is that we found a solvent aspiring owner.
  • Options
    Completely bottled it.

Feel for Adkins must be hard to build up a team that has been mentally torn down so much by the season up til he took over.
  • Options
    Not only a gut wrenching defeat, but I only wanted 1 more booking for £50. The spineless feckers couldn’t even muster a bit of dissent after a 96th minute goal !
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Davo55 said:
    Gutted to concede that last minute equaliser but let’s be honest, Crewe deserved to win that game and can count themselves unlucky not to get more than a single point. We were shit throughout. No-one really played well for us, we looked lethargic all over the pitch.

Great opening goal for us but Stockley looked tired, lumbering about chasing lost causes. We were better when Chuks and Washington came on and we went 3-5-2 but it was too little too late.

I fancy us to do better at Accrington but then we have two home matches against Lincoln and Hull - and our home form is just absolutely crap. I’d be surprised if we make the play offs now.
    Did they score more goals than us? No. Therefore they didn't deserve to win more than us.

We each scored two, the result as good or shite as it may feel was fair.
    Total nonsense. Crewe outplayed us from start to finish.
    Good for them, they didnt take their chances though so didnt deserve to win
  • Options
    We have a squad of useless gutless pricks.
    The sooner Adkins replaces them the better. 
    I seriously hate this bunch of gutless pricks 
    Echoes my thoughts exactly. Not a single one of them I like, or have any sort of affinity to.
  • Options
    It’s been over for months - we just ain’t good enough. 
  • Options
    Midfield looked leggy. I thought Adkins was a bit slow to address issues which can happen when you are a goal up. Shinnie might of helped. I'm baffled why he isn't on the bench. 

If we held out for a win, I reckon a win and two draws. Now we need to win at least two and a draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you cannot beat a team like Crewe at the Valley
    you are not going up.
    at least 5 or our team want replacement 
    and we still need a good regular goal scorer 
    I doubt we will see 6th again this season.
    not being able to keep a lead at home happens far to often.
    crap performance and Crewe deserved their point!

• Options
    Absolutely shite game management at the end. Literally every team in that position with less than a minute to go hold out, especially at home, and time after time after time we can't. The only constants in that run over the past few seasons have been Jacko as a coach and Pearce as Captain, so who's the one we blame?
  • Options
    We looked at least a yard off the game, final minutes defending is bloody awful and has been most of the season. Need to win our last 3 games......my optimism has now evaporated. League 1 again next season and some big changes needed to the squad.....good night!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Weirdly still in our hands. But that’s a sickener. 

Think it's gone now considering our final two fixtures.
  • Options
    What has he got against Shinnie?
    Arguably our most creative midfielder
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Why has Chuks been marginalised.  Maatsen starting in front of him or Washington just is head scratching. 
    Washington and Maatsen have been playing ahead of him because they can play wide

In a 4-3-3 formation, its a choice between Aneke or Stockley, the former has been injured so its not been a difficult choice for Adkins as he's wanted to manage Chuks back into the team, we all know how he can breakdown so easily.