Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Truly gutless performance, deserved nothing. Some if not most not fit to wear the shirt.
  • Options
    Side not good enough in a shit league Fuck the lot off
  • Options
    Another last minute of injury time sickener . How many more times?

We didn't deserve to win. Crewe were by far the better team .

Pierce was left lead footed for both goals and i hate to say it but he has to go at the end of the season. 

Home form has killed us this season and we don't deserve promotion to be honest. 

• Options
    Crewe deserved their point, no doubt about it. We made it look like they were Brazil at times. Very poor and I hope that 90% of this squad fcuk off in the summer regardless of which division (this one now very likely)we are playing in. Bottlers!
  • Options
    Think we'll need to get something from Hull, and don't think we'll get it. Fingers crossed for the rebuild this summer, because there's gonna be a lot of teams going for it next year.
  • Options
    I'd sign that Dale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The home hoo doo continues.

The birds are definitely not singing at the Valley and the sun ain't f*****g shining!!
    It is 9pm
  • Options
    Given our remaining games I cannot see us getting a single win. Mathematically it’s in our hands, but reality is very different.

Will need Washington fit every game and Aneke to come on earlier 
  • Options
    Largely outplayed by a very slick Crewe side. The change to 2 up top put us in the ascendancy but it would have been a win we hardly deserved (not that I'd have given 2 shits about that if we had won it). The worst type of result for our confidence in the last 3 games. 

Whilst mathematically its still in our hands to grab a play off spot I don't think we will do it now. Not with our attrocious home form going against us.

Time to think about rebuilding for another season in league 1 methinks.
  • Options
    Thank goodness for Marquis' hat trick for Portsmouth; well 2 goals and a o.g.

We aren't playing nearly well enough so whilst anything is possible in the play offs, I just don't think we are nearly good enough should we get there.

The best I can say is at least Pompey didn't win as we drew
  • Options
    What a bummer!

After the performance against Peterborough I thought that we looked useful. Crewe were better than us and if they had their shooting boots on we would have lost.

If we have promotion aspirations tonight's performance just doesn't hack it. If we scrape into the play-offs I can't see us getting beyond the semis.

Start building for a good drive for next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Was as if bowyer was back in charge for large parts of the game! 

Happy to sit back, soak up the profound pressure and expect to score on the scraps we had...

as much as femewo is better than oshilaja & Gunter, he just looks a liability and shit scared when we start with him - innis the more powerful and pressure-less.
    midfield was devoid of ANY idea tonight, quite happy to play it backwards and tippytappy passes to each other which really slowed the pace of the game and again invited the pressure! 

As much as stockley has been the hero recently, he just isn’t at it in these kinds of games- you need someone capable and willing to charge down the defenders and chase possession. Got the goal but that’s about it! 
    How much do we rue that penalty miss!!!

good game from Millar, but midfield didn’t want to break with him, DJ sorely sorely missed as maatsen was the maatsen of old and just seemed uninterested.

gutted we couldn’t hang on just those few seconds, it’s the hope that kills you. 
    Realistically, whilst the play offs are anybody’s game , there was/is no chance we can beat any of the top 6 over two legs and then one of them in a pressure cauldron of Wembley!  

Need a win at Lincoln, to play Lincoln 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Genuine question:

Is JFC a top League One CM or are we just so devoid of talent?
    I voted him player of the season for the effort he's put in, but I hope he isn't a starter next season, he's not consistent enough.
  • Options
    Bottle jobs & current mob not good enough, we still have hope though a win Saturday is what’s needed.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I'd sign that Dale.
    I'd take four or five of their players on that evidence. They were excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why oh bloody why do they do this to us!

They get your hopes up and then without warning kick you in the knackers... With feeling!

Just end the season now as I seriously can't see us beating Lincoln and hull. Tonight was a beautiful glorious chance and we blew it.

Clear the room out Nigel and bring in players to convince us we can get out of this fecking league.

I am sooo angry. 
  • Options
    What a sickener. I think that’s probably it now. I couldn’t see us winning the play-offs anyway. Amazingly it’s still in our hands though!
  • Options
    Absolute no chance of going up now, more than happy to be proven wrong of course.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Gutted to concede that last minute equaliser but let’s be honest, Crewe deserved to win that game and can count themselves unlucky not to get more than a single point. We were shit throughout. No-one really played well for us, we looked lethargic all over the pitch.

Great opening goal for us but Stockley looked tired, lumbering about chasing lost causes. We were better when Chuks and Washington came on and we went 3-5-2 but it was too little too late.

I fancy us to do better at Accrington but then we have two home matches against Lincoln and Hull - and our home form is just absolutely crap. I’d be surprised if we make the play offs now.
    Did they score more goals than us? No. Therefore they didn't deserve to win more than us.

We each scored two, the result as good or shite as it may feel was fair.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Why were we so negative from the start ?
    Chuks would have caned that defense. 
    For a positive person, Nigel picked a negative line up with Maatsen a passenger on the right.

As soon as Pratley gave away the foul...

The game cried out for Millar, Aneke and Washington playing together in the last 30 minutes.

Gutted, despite saying we would finish 7th even after our 6-0 win just a week ago.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The home hoo doo continues.

The birds are definitely not singing at the Valley and the sun ain't f*****g shining!!
    It is 9pm
    I trust you'll all sleep well.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep:

Amos
    Purrington
    Inniss 
    Gilbey
    Washington
    Aneke

That's it.