Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    @Dazzler21 Is there an update on the ITK chart . There have been some interesting developments over the past few days .
    I heard a rumour Daz was updating it but I'm waiting for it to be on the OS.
    I can assure both of you, I've kind of given up we get like 5/6 new pages and actually there appears to be no actual rumours. I'm quite busy at the mo so simply don't have the time to be wading through.

Certainly nothing from credible sources 
    Very sensible mate. Have a break nothing happening yet.
  • Options
    The next two weeks could be crucial.
    Why window don’t shut till sept 
    Putting the team together in September worked a treat this season didn't it........ 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The bar has been set for new signing announcements

https://twitter.com/PartickThistle/status/1400123999493967877
    Does he tthink he's alone now?
  • Options
    I’m fairly certain that all our targets both first and second and possibly third are all looking at the options available to them. Their agents won’t be in any rush for them to sign. They’ll all be doing exactly what Chuks is currently doing. 
  • Options
    I guess the euro's will have an impact as well - not directly but indirectly with the trickle down effect 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    People now fixating upon the magical 9th June, that date means absolutely sod all in us announcing signings
    I honestly don't believe there would be a mass unveiling without it leaking. 

If there is a mass unveiling there will be plenty of leaking on here in the aftermath. 
  • Options
    I’m fairly certain that all our targets both first and second and possibly third are all looking at the options available to them. Their agents won’t be in any rush for them to sign. They’ll all be doing exactly what Chuks is currently doing. 
    Who are our first 3 targets ?
    Mullins, Purse and Mullins again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't expect TS to get his wallet out until the January window  .
  • Options
    One ex player who will not be returning is Rob Elliot .

He has signed a two year deal with Watford . Clearly happy to be a third choice keeper in the Prem .

https://the72.co.uk/238035/player-who-trained-with-charlton-athletic-last-season-earns-premier-league/
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Putting the team together in September worked a treat this season didn't it........ 

But it worked okay in 18/19. Priority #1 is getting the right players. If you have to wait for them, that is preferable to signing lower quality players early, imo. The difference in 18/19 was we were choosing to wait for players like Cullen and Bielik who had been lined up much earlier in the summer. Last year we were forced to wait by the embargo and ended up having to rush into signing what was still available, rather than players we had identified much earlier but just weren't definitely available until late on.
  • Options
    I don't expect TS to get his wallet out until the January window  .
    Don’t think we will need to spend much on fees as so many good players out of contract. Just need to compete on wages. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

But it worked okay in 18/19. Priority #1 is getting the right players. If you have to wait for them, that is preferable to signing lower quality players early, imo. The difference in 18/19 was we were choosing to wait for players like Cullen and Bielik who had been lined up much earlier in the summer. Last year we were forced to wait by the embargo and ended up having to rush into signing what was still available, rather than players we had identified much earlier but just weren't definitely available until late on.
    Not quite sure that's true, Gunter and Watson were identified a long time before they signed. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Young centre half Urhoghide at the Massive has turned down a new contract offer, believed to be £1100 a week  :o 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Young centre half Urhoghide at the Massive has turned down a new contract offer, believed to be £1100 a week  :o 
    Somewhat of a local lad
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not quite sure that's true, Gunter and Watson were identified a long time before they signed. 
    And Smyth all 3 were wanted in the championship 😳😳
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Think he has already signed for Leeds 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

But we didn't need 15ish players in 18/19.

Assuming the squad will be the same size as last year

5 loans have gone back
    5 players have been released
    5 players have yet to sign the contracts we have offered.

In 18/19 we signed Taylor in later June and IIRC Pratley signed days before the season started and that was that for permanent signings.  I don't actually think we would have signed both Beilek and Cullen if JFC hadn't got injured.

We need at least 8 or 9 players signed, or resigned, before the preseason friendly period starts.  Else come November there will be people saying its OK we are 15th they just need time to gel.

N.B i don't think we will be 15tu in November but was making a point. 
  • Options
    Now we’re talking.  If we haven’t made an offer to re-sign him, this is the sort of pragmatic action (or in-action) we need.  Obviously can’t read too much into this, but if we haven’t offered him a contract, I’d be pleased 
  • Options
    Maybe he’s turned down our contract offer?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Maybe he’s turned down our contract offer?
    Maybe...
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    cabbles said:
    Now we’re talking.  If we haven’t made an offer to re-sign him, this is the sort of pragmatic action (or in-action) we need.  Obviously can’t read too much into this, but if we haven’t offered him a contract, I’d be pleased 
    Not the sort of behaviour I would like from our Club to be honest.
    F#&@ me he must be wrong if we both agree!! 
  • Options
    Maybe the medical diagnosis is worse than feared. Who knows. He has worked so hard to come back from injuries and I hope he does so again.
  • Options
    I really hope we haven't taken advantage of his injury situation and offered him a measly contract with the knowledge he'll struggle to sign elsewhere
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!