Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Was disappointed when Taylor left because I thought he was a good footballer. Do I blame him for leaving to collect more money or would I blame him for doing it again if circumstances allowed ? Why the f*** should I. He’s a professional sportsman with a finite career. I say good luck to him. He’s not a Charlton supporter or even I think much of a football fan. I think a lot of the Taylor haters would be doing exactly the same if they were in his boots. I hope he doesn’t end up at The New Den only because I still think he’s a good footballer. I’ve never got why fans allow their rose tinted specs to colour their opinion of players who are just doing exactly what pretty much all of us would do given the chance. 
    i agree to a point - if he had honoured his contract, no problem, but he didn't 
    Perhaps Forest required him not to do so ? Why is Everyone’s flavour of the moment Joe Piggott unable to confirm his destination ? I’m sure clubs ask or require of players certain contractual obligations all the time. I doubt Taylor did it to piss off Charlton supporters.
  • DOUCHER said:
    i think - although i could be completely wrong - the fact there are very little rumours being leaked out, is a good thing - suggests we are doing business in a targeted and controlled way - a bit like the Curbishley / Murray years when u would normally hear nothing until it was done. May be wishful thinking, but i'm hoping for better than Williams and Cousins - Willliams due to his fragility and Cousins because, although we need an athlete or 2 in the middle, i never liked watching him play - always looked like a defender playing in midfield to me.      
    Think you are spot on. 
  • Bilko said:
    No disrespect to Jason as he was great for us in his prime, but he was bloody awful for us when he came back in 2011.
    Not a pure footballer so was always going to struggle when he lost mobility and athleticism.  I wasn’t a huge fan of his as a player , but he’s an absolute favourite for what he’s done since and his loyalty through diabolical times 
  • Stewart said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i think - although i could be completely wrong - the fact there are very little rumours being leaked out, is a good thing - suggests we are doing business in a targeted and controlled way - a bit like the Curbishley / Murray years when u would normally hear nothing until it was done. May be wishful thinking, but i'm hoping for better than Williams and Cousins - Willliams due to his fragility and Cousins because, although we need an athlete or 2 in the middle, i never liked watching him play - always looked like a defender playing in midfield to me.      
    Think you are spot on. 
    So do I..
  • Really made an offer to a player who can only play 30 mins ...... then bye bye 
    Yes all offering him a place on their bench instead of ours.
  • Was disappointed when Taylor left because I thought he was a good footballer. Do I blame him for leaving to collect more money or would I blame him for doing it again if circumstances allowed ? Why the f*** should I. He’s a professional sportsman with a finite career. I say good luck to him. He’s not a Charlton supporter or even I think much of a football fan. I think a lot of the Taylor haters would be doing exactly the same if they were in his boots. I hope he doesn’t end up at The New Den only because I still think he’s a good footballer. I’ve never got why fans allow their rose tinted specs to colour their opinion of players who are just doing exactly what pretty much all of us would do given the chance. 
    I don’t have a problem with players leaving for better prospects and more money but I had a massive issue with Taylor not honouring his contract and not playing the rest of the season. 
  • Is it only me who’s impressed we’ve made it to 3rd June without any moans or a debate whether things are too quiet and we’re leaving signings too late? I’m sure it used to start in late May in previous years once a few clubs had started to announce signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Was disappointed when Taylor left because I thought he was a good footballer. Do I blame him for leaving to collect more money or would I blame him for doing it again if circumstances allowed ? Why the f*** should I. He’s a professional sportsman with a finite career. I say good luck to him. He’s not a Charlton supporter or even I think much of a football fan. I think a lot of the Taylor haters would be doing exactly the same if they were in his boots. I hope he doesn’t end up at The New Den only because I still think he’s a good footballer. I’ve never got why fans allow their rose tinted specs to colour their opinion of players who are just doing exactly what pretty much all of us would do given the chance. 
    Perhaps Forest required him not to do so ? Why is Everyone’s flavour of the moment Joe Piggott unable to confirm his destination ? I’m sure clubs ask or require of players certain contractual obligations all the time. I doubt Taylor did it to piss off Charlton supporters.
    no, he didn't, he did it to protect himself and his future with no regard for us - there is a middle ground to be struck and he had a duty to play for us - if u let your contract run down, you run a risk of injury but he wasn't prepared to honour that contract, to our detriment so for that reason, he's burnt his bridges    
  • DOUCHER said:
    and joe piggot isn't my flavour of the month - his stats this season look good and i guess would be a good signing (although it aint happening) but my last recollection of him in a charlton shirt was running with the ball about a metre off the pitch against millwall, never to be seen again - i think it was his debut - bloody stupid game to play somebody in for their home debut, no wonder he has the hump if bombed out after that shocking display 
  • Scoham said:
    Is it only me who’s impressed we’ve made it to 3rd June without any moans or a debate whether things are too quiet and we’re leaving signings too late? I’m sure it used to start in late May in previous years once a few clubs had started to announce signings.
    I think that things are fairly quiet in general, there's a few deals done here and there but nothing major yet. Plus reports of Gallen being on (very well deserved) holiday until recently and TS' competence and efficiency in other business matters suggests that it's likely things are in fact moving just not in the public domain yet.
  • So the actual rumours..

Chuks hasn't signed or rejected his contract but has other offers.

Long and Burke have both signed else where.

Amos may, or may not, want to move back "up north".

Stockley was a "done deal" almost a month ago.

Not a dicky bird about Matthews or Pearce.

6 weeks until preseason starts. 
  • Don’t forget Watson and JFC...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So the actual rumours..

And we may be trying to sign Craig MacGillivray on a free transfer from Portsmouth.
  • It's no coincidence (to me) that since certain people have had their duties changed there are no leaks
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    So the actual rumours..

I thinks we can safely assume Pearce will be staying. He's not getting a better offer elsewhere, has just established in JP Academy in the local area, Young kids in school and somebody mentioned to me that his wife also has a business in the area too. He'll be re-signing
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So the actual rumours..

piggot has been ruled out - as has some kid few had heard of at bromley  
  • DOUCHER said:
    Well, we need someone to push Matthews into pushing Gunter, or vice versa, for that right back slot.
  • @Dazzler21 Is there an update on the ITK chart . There have been some interesting developments over the past few days .
  • J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    Is it only me who’s impressed we’ve made it to 3rd June without any moans or a debate whether things are too quiet and we’re leaving signings too late? I’m sure it used to start in late May in previous years once a few clubs had started to announce signings.
    Have you read this thread?
    Oh there’s been plenty of moaning and debate about whether we should sign former players, keep or release Chuks etc. Usually there’s a big panic that we’re already missing out on our main targets.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So the actual rumours..

piggot has been ruled out - as has some kid few had heard of at bromley  
    Pigott was never an actual rumour was it it was just speculation. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Well, we need someone to push Matthews into pushing Gunter, or vice versa, for that right back slot.
    yep, maybe - Gunter is a problem unless he can perform better than last year - his distribution was shocking i thought so maybe he could come in as a utility man    
  • Richard J said:
    @Dazzler21 Is there an update on the ITK chart . There have been some interesting developments over the past few days .
    I heard a rumour Daz was updating it but I'm waiting for it to be on the OS.
  • Craig MacGillivray is going to wigan press in wigan reported it yeserday
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So the actual rumours..

And we may be trying to sign Craig MacGillivray on a free transfer from Portsmouth.
    And then again maybe not. File under Chuks and Matthews etc.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!