Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    To be honest I'm just craving some announcements because I am mega excited for next season. Going to an actual match rather than watching on TV and with the new wave of positivity at the club it just gets the hype train going. Looking forward to the euros to distract me for a few weeks...
  • Options
    People now fixating upon the magical 9th June, that date means absolutely sod all in us announcing signings
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    People now fixating upon the magical 9th June, that date means absolutely sod all in us announcing signings
    It does IF the owner wants to make an event of it !!!!
  • Options
    I prefer the Stingray line of 'anything can happen in the next half hour'.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    sam3110 said:
    That was a completely made up rumour that again has no actual bearing on us signing players between now and then. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:
    sam3110 said:
    That was a completely made up rumour that again has no actual bearing on us signing players between now and then. 
    Mmmmm...Many a true word spoken in jest. B)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I honestly don't believe there would be a mass unveiling without it leaking. 

Specifically it leaking who most of them are.  How many signings have we made in the last ten years that haven't leaked days before they are announced?

Loan signings tend to sneek under the radar. 
  • Options
    Maybe that down to the muppets running the club for the last 10 years !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think about it. TS is in the UK, Nige has gone MIA today as in no video message. It all adds up lol
  • Options
    All these theories of huge announcements with multiple signings have come up before - but when does it ever happen? Does any club ever do it?
  • Options
    Have they got a mental owner with a touch of the theatrical about him ?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I prefer the Stingray line of 'anything can happen in the next half hour'.
    (195) Stingray TV intro (1964) - YouTube
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    All these theories of huge announcements with multiple signings have come up before - but when does it ever happen? Does any club ever do it?
    Stoke did it a couple of years back I think with them walking through the stadium etc and having different new players pop up 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i think they are all in the studio at the moment with TS - next week there will be an unveiling of the players with a promotion song like the England world cup team. 'Blow it Out the Division' by Sandman and The League 1 All Stars      
    DOUCHER said:
    i think they are all in the studio at the moment with TS - next week there will be an unveiling of the players with a promotion song like the England world cup team. 'Blow it Out the Division' by Sandman and The League 1 All Stars      
    Pearcey doing a rendition of "Fog Over The Thames" will that do ?
  • Options
    Curbishleys's brother might have talked 'The who' into getting involved - 'Football Wizard' 
  • Options
    Final bit of evidence is Henry has disappeared since he errrrr responded the otherday. I hear they have him locked in a secret cavern deep in the museum with no access to social media lol
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Final bit of evidence is Henry has disappeared since he errrrr responded the otherday. I hear they have him locked in a secret cavern deep in the museum with no access to social media lol
    no, he'll probably be in the video somewhere - just have a feeling he might be  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Joel Randall is the better of the two Randall/Randells
    Derek was always a bit of a favourite.  No other cricketer could match the product of his talent and scruffiness.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    In summary today: there may or may not be recruitment being done in the background, possibly more than one player, or possibly not, which might be announced on the 9th but maybe not.

Source: We've all got too much time on our hands.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I Tell you what..... whatever is or is not happening regarding the 9th or whenever, the club has certainly got us all jumping through hoops trying to outsmart each other... mind you, what else is there to do eh, anyway WIOTOS as they say B)..
    Sure they have it all in hand, so chilll everybody and have another beer B)
  • Options
    hahaha exactly mate. And if the 9th comes and goes with nothing happening then atleast we have had the anticipation before the dissappoinment, which after all is what supporting Charlton is all about 
  • Options
    I will say I don't believe we'd have managed to keep every signing a secret.

With that in mind, we've either signed very few or no players at this stage.

I don't care either way, but it'd be nice to have some signings announced soon.

• Options
    I remember the Di Canio signing was a total ‘out of the blue’ event.

My mate rang me in the middle of Bluewater & I thought she was totally pulling my leg 😝😂😂
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Trust Bowyer to stick his oar in, just no getting away from his input in our affairs is there.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    @Dazzler21 Is there an update on the ITK chart . There have been some interesting developments over the past few days .
    I heard a rumour Daz was updating it but I'm waiting for it to be on the OS.
    I can assure both of you, I've kind of given up we get like 5/6 new pages and actually there appears to be no actual rumours. I'm quite busy at the mo so simply don't have the time to be wading through.

Certainly nothing from credible sources 
  • Options
    The next two weeks could be crucial.
    Why window don’t shut till sept 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!