Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    mart77 said:
    Who’s Bishop???
    Colby - if we had Stockley and Bishop as our two 'main' strikers and managed to secure Chuks off the bench we'd frighten some teams this year. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Declan John 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Declan John 🤷‍♂️
    I suggested him a while back . He would be a good signing after his loan spell at Bolton.

He was the young Left Back who kept Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins from being capped by Wales but since then he has had a nomadic career .
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Declan John 🤷‍♂️
    I suggested him a while back . He would be a good signing after his loan spell at Bolton.

He was the young Left Back who kept Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins from being capped by Wales but since then he has had a nomadic career .
    I have no idea, I had to Google him.  He has had a strange career of ups and downs hasn't he.

I just heard there was some interest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another one we missed out on, I can't believe all these other clubs are getting thier business done wibble 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Doesn’t sound like JFC is going anywhere else.
  • Options
    Theo Walcott has been released by Everton.  He could do a job in League 1 😉
  • Options

and Josh King ...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Good. I want us to be a club with honour. I don't care if people say there is no loyalty in football anymore, if we buck that trend then it may just result in a good player wanting to stay with us or someone recommends us to a player who we're interested in. JFC has earnt a new contract here and I hope he stays and becomes a crucial part of a promotion campaign.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Good. I want us to be a club with honour. I don't care if people say there is no loyalty in football anymore, if we buck that trend then it may just result in a good player wanting to stay with us or someone recommends us to a player who we're interested in. JFC has earnt a new contract here and I hope he stays and becomes a crucial part of a promotion campaign.
    We'd already said he'd been offered a new deal. If he leaves it will be because he has decided he wants to leave.
  • Options
    there only been 8 transfers in league one so far .... 
  • Options

and Josh King ...
    Walcott joined Southampton 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I am presuming we are talking about Accrington's Colby Bishop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Callum Connolly and Josh Bowler might be worth a look, both on that released list from Everton. 
  • Options
    Too old, too short.  We need to set our sights higher if we are going to get out of league 1.  Much better to get outraged about a non league winger none of us have ever heard of when we miss out on him to Huddersfield.

/sarcasm 
  • Options
    Let's all pray we get Bishop
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I am presuming we are talking about Accrington's Cody Bishop. 
    Nope, Accrington's Colby Bishop :wink:

• Options
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

You sure it's not recovering drug Addict Cody Bishop? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Lots of talk about sending AMB out on loan and getting a back up for Amos, AMB is 22 years old, and surely has reached an age to be considered more than a constant "out on loan", what this does to the lads confidence is unknown, must be very disheartening 
    Phillips was around 22 / 23 before he got his opportunity - Goalkeepers always seem to wait a bit longer for their debuts than other positions 
    Sammy Bartram and Graham Tutt were younger on debut.
    That was a long time ago ..... without today's pressure of expectation of winning promotion or bust, perhaps?

Young players generally need to feel their way in a 1st team environment, be free to make the odd mistake as part of their learning curve - without being trashed by all and sundry because there's too much at stake.

And as a previous poster pointed out, debutant/inexperienced keepers don't get the luxury of 20 minutes run out late in the game to gain experience.
    It's all or nothing for a young keeper. That's why they are generally loaned out at a lower level for a season or half season ..... and if they are loaned out to National League, they can be recalled after a month if needed.

AMB is almost 22 but has had only a handful of cup appearances but no League experience. He's a great prospect but he's spent most of this past season not playing. He needs to play each week to gain experience and will be a better keeper for it. He may be ready for League One, despite inexperience ..... but will Adkins take the risk when everybody knows it's promotion or bust for Charlton this next season?

If I were manager, I'd send him out on loan. I reckon Adkins will too.

Generally agree with the comments here regarding AMB, but, who in league 2 is going to give him the experience of first team league football, as of now his record has been in The National League only apart from 1 cup game for us, thing is does Nige actually rate him or not, and if so, will he ever be ready for a league debut with us or anyone come to that, I say again he is 22 in a couple of weeks time, and has been with us for just short of 6 years. 
    AMB just needs to play games.

Whether it's for us or anybody else, the lad needs to play regularly, week in and week out. 
    He's quite possibly ready for League One football, but ...... and it's the "but" that's the issue.

It might as well be written in flashing neon lights: the expectation for CAFC this coming season is promotion.
    Nothing less. The sense of expectation and pressure to win games, is a lot to put on the shoulders of a rookie keeper ...... if he should make a mistake, there's no place to hide. It's not his ability or potential that's in question - football is played in the head, first of all; it's the mental side of the game that is essential to be learned. And generally the only way to develop is to play games - that only comes with experience.

Far better for AMB, in my opinion at least, is that he gets that experience very soon at a club that doesn't have huge expectations this season; perhaps a  League 2 outfit capable of having a decent competitive season and maybe a good cup run or better than that, challenging towards the top of the table. Even a relegation dogfight would teach him qualities that he'd never get sitting on the Charlton 1st team bench.

And at 22, he should be ready to be 1st choice in the League below. 

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

We're more likely to get Ian Bishop, but he's now 56 and I think that falls into the too old category. Plus he's 5ft 10.  Too small?
  • Options
    Large ...... behave! :smile:

• Options
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Thanks I have corrected my post. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Thing is with Colby 5ft 11ins  isn’t he just another Connor Washington 10 goals a season man - we need a 30 goals a season potential striker...like a fit version of Chuks ? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!