Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:
    I am presuming we are talking about Accrington's Cody Bishop. 
    Nope, Accrington's Colby Bishop :wink:

Thanks I have corrected my post. 
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Thing is with Colby 5ft 11ins  isn’t he just another Connor Washington 10 goals a season man - we need a 30 goals a season potential striker...like a fit version of Chuks ? 
    And how many players like that will want to come to a league one club  
  • Options
    Rarely dip my ore in here, but haven't Man U had a bid of 500,000 for our U18s keeper rejected? 
  • Options
    Rarely dip my ore in here, but haven't Man U had a bid of 500,000 for our U18s keeper rejected? 

not seen that anywhere, have they?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Thing is with Colby 5ft 11ins  isn’t he just another Connor Washington 10 goals a season man - we need a 30 goals a season potential striker...like a fit version of Chuks ? 
    Hull didn't have one. Only 3 players in the whole division scored more than 20.  In 18/19 it was 4 and 3 of them scored 21.   The year before that it was only 2.

JCH and Billy Sharpe are the only players to score 30 goals in the last 5 years.   You can look for a 30 goal striker but you almost certainly won't find one. 

Stockley would score about 20, without pens, in a full season with the system we finished last season with. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Declan John 🤷‍♂️
    I suggested him a while back . He would be a good signing after his loan spell at Bolton.

He was the young Left Back who kept Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins from being capped by Wales but since then he has had a nomadic career .
    I have no idea, I had to Google him.  He has had a strange career of ups and downs hasn't he.

I just heard there was some interest. 
    I thought he might return to Bolton following their promotion, but I think he would appear on any list of free agent Left Backs.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2021

“I’ve been in with Ged [Roddy, technical director] and Ruben, from a recruitment point of view, it’s just trying to make sure I’ve got my finger on the pulse of everything that is going on.

“I want to be here and drive us on, as much as I can.”

No mention of Gallen here. And who is Ruben?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-wont-be-having-a-summer-holiday-strengthening-squad-is-the-only-priority/

• Options
    WSS said:

“I’ve been in with Ged [Roddy, technical director] and Ruben, from a recruitment point of view, it’s just trying to make sure I’ve got my finger on the pulse of everything that is going on.

been asked already, nobody has responded as yet.
  • Options
    As reported Josh King been released and is looking for a new club, £100k a week ! said it before football is mental !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

been asked already, nobody has responded as yet.
    Oops. Forgive me for not reading every post on this thread...
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Can't believe none of you know who Ruben is...
    Mario wasnt the same when he came to work for Charlton........
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Can't believe none of you know who Ruben is...
    "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die. "
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    As reported Josh King been released and is looking for a new club, £100k a week ! said it before football is mental !!!!!
    He only signed for Everton in February as well. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

A 30 goal a season fit version of Chuks would be pushing to play in the Premier League. That's why we have regular Chuks. If there is a 30 goal a season player for us out there he'll need unearthing and developing rather than arriving ready-made. Ivan Toney had 25 League One goals over 5 seasons before arriving permanently at Peterborough, getting 16 in his first season with them and then setting a Championship goalscoring record two years later
  • Options
    Did we ever find out why Chuks cant play a full game?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

We're more likely to get Ian Bishop, but he's now 56 and I think that falls into the too old category. Plus he's 5ft 10.  Too small?
    we will sign Harold Bishop from Ramsey Street Utd
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Reuben Agboola?  :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sick of players getting written off before they've even kicked a ball for us.

CAN YOU ALL STOP BASHING THE BISHOP!!!
    I wish I'd made that joke :(
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

30 goals a season - so that means we only need to get one of Ivan Toney, Jonson Clarke-Harris, Paul Mullin, Robert Lewandowski or Lionel Messi.

Apparently the only players to score 30 league goals last season. Not even Salah, Kane, Ronaldo, Mbappe scored 30 goals.

Chuks is never a 30 goal a season striker, even if fully fit for longer than 20mins.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jake may have rejected a deal IF we put forward a low basic with a pay as you play deal?
    Is there anything beyond him changing his social media profile to suggest he's "rejected" a deal.
    "may have rejected a deal"

I am not saying he has, but the rumour is out there. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jake may have rejected a deal IF we put forward a low basic with a pay as you play deal?
    Is there anything beyond him changing his social media profile to suggest he's "rejected" a deal.

Unless it's also comes from somewhere else the rumour comes from on here based purely on his social media bio. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:
    Vfrf said:
    Richard J said:

Without his injury Washington was on target for 15.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Unless it's also comes from somewhere else the rumour comes from on here based purely on his social media bio. 
     It's also been mentioned on other sites/apps before it was on here. I reiterate, it's just a rumour, one that hasn't made it onto the spreadsheet as I have no idea whether it's anything more than supposition based on JFC removing "Footballer for Charlton Athletic" (or similar) from his twitter bio
  • Options
    I'm sick of players getting written off before they've even kicked a ball for us.

CAN YOU ALL STOP BASHING THE BISHOP!!!
    I wish I'd made that joke :(
    Apologies Henners.  I couldn't be bothered to read through thousands of unread posts & I'm sure lots of off topic nonsense before posting 
  • Options
    WSS said:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-wont-be-having-a-summer-holiday-strengthening-squad-is-the-only-priority/

Scout? 

Or analytics man. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!