Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Think Ruben is Ruben Sammut, ex Chelsea academy lad who didn’t make it and was doing some part time scouting for us last year I believe (and academy scouting for Chelsea) whilst playing for Dulwich Hamlet. Sounds like he might be more involved now. 
    Here’s his LinkedIn where he’s currently an academy scout for Chelsea.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ruben-sammut
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Ipswich have signed Wes Burns from Fleetwood and Lee Evans from Wigan.

Wigan have signed Jack Whatmough from Portsmouth.

Movement beginning to happen around us.
    I think Ipswich are going to be a real problem next season! We need to get moving if our rivals are.

BTW Gallen is 100% still around I speak to somebody who knows SG and he’s busy working on deals but been on his holibobs until this week.
    One of two times we can sign players and he goes on holidays. 
    Yeah, fancy letting a member of staff go on holiday.

Fortunately we now have a recruitment team
    How big is this recruitment team?

I have always said, it's not the size that counts.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

I think Ipswich are going to be a real problem next season! We need to get moving if our rivals are.

BTW Gallen is 100% still around I speak to somebody who knows SG and he’s busy working on deals but been on his holibobs until this week.

Not sure, but they are recruiting if you're interested.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

Four people plus scouts and analysts
  • Options
    surely this is the best time for gallen to go on holiday. If we need gallen now, we are bang in trouble!

players would hopefully have been identified now and it’s over to Adkins and gedy to work their magic.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

The four I knew about, I meant do we know how much we’ve grown in terms of scouts and analysts?
  • Options
    surely this is the best time for gallen to go on holiday. If we need gallen now, we are bang in trouble!

players would hopefully have been identified now and it’s over to Adkins and gedy to work their magic.

I would not be impressed by the head hunter mot being around when I joined a company. Nor would any player and more so his agent.
    So I guess we’re not gonna see you up front next season?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Think Ruben is Ruben Sammut, ex Chelsea academy lad who didn’t make it and was doing some part time scouting for us last year I believe (and academy scouting for Chelsea) whilst playing for Dulwich Hamlet. Sounds like he might be more involved now. 

I have a mutual connection with him ...... Ged Roddy .
  • Options
    edited June 2021

I would not be impressed by the head hunter mot being around when I joined a company. Nor would any player and more so his agent.
    Good job you're not on the shopping list then.

If you'd been head hunted, then the head hunter has done his job. Gallen doesn't agree the contracts and sign the players, he identifies them.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

Not sure, but they are recruiting if you're interested.
    Depends what they’d offer me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

The four I knew about, I meant do we know how much we’ve grown in terms of scouts and analysts?
     Sorry, don't know but SG said at one point it was just him and one scout so hope its grown since.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Good job you're not on the shopping list then.

If you'd been head hunted, then the head hunter has done his job. Gallen doesn't agree the contracts and sign the players, he identifies them.
    He does agree the contracts and the fees etc doesn't he.  Didn't Thomas say he was the best negotiator he had ever seen?
  • Options
    Dennis Adeniran got released by Everton?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:

I have a mutual connection with him ...... Ged Roddy .
    Who you knew from your time at Reading, right?
    In my case it was actually Team Bath .
  • Options
    Hmm, not been one of these posts in a while so I'll have to restore a bit of order 

Wow, any actual rumours? I came here to read rumours not silly jokes 
  • Options
    Hmm, not been one of these posts in a while so I'll have to restore a bit of order 

Wow, any actual rumours? I came here to read rumours not silly jokes 
    There was a rumour yesterday lunch time but it got lost in the nonsense. 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Dennis Adeniran got released by Everton?
    If you think I am getting Dennis Emmanuel Abiodun Bamidele Chijioke Adeniran on the back of my shirt......... 
  • Options
    There's a rumour we've signed an ex-Chelsea Scottish Malteser from Maidstone who plays for Dulwich Hamlet but only as a scout.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

There was a poster here saying Whatmough would be good for us, ignoring the red cards, own goals and 2 serious injuries, I am supprised he has gone to Wigan. I would say that is a sign of intent tbh.

This is going to be a serious division next season, make no mistake. 
    Never been impressed by him and the Pompey fans don't seem too bothered to see him go.

I think Wigan and Ipswich will both have bigger budgets than us this summer.
    I have never knowingly watched him play but signing 1st team players from teams that finished 10 places above you is a good start.

We forget we aren't the only club in the division with a new, rich, owner that talks a good game.  More than one is going to be disappointed.  I just pray it isn't us.

The proof will be in the pudding 
    Aaaagh! The proof of the pudding is in the eating. :smile:

I think he means he puts lots of brandy in his cakes so the proof is in the pudding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    @Braziliance apart from me no one else commented on @Cafc43v3r 's rumour about the Welsh International left back Declan John .

Colby Bishop from Accrington was mentioned also .
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

How do you manage to convert what I said  into no holidays for staff.

As a manager I couldn't take holidays at crucial times and being an Italian  company it has to suit them to. 

Strikes me that this time is crucial and what do managers do ? The manage and direct.  

I bet you the 'recruitment team' isn't  enormous and that the final decisions are made at Director / senior management level. 
    If we are making player lists now, it's too late.. although if he has a copy of football manager on his laptop we'll be fine. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Hopefully not Portugal!
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Hopefully not Portugal!
    He's scouting at the euros
  • Options
    Some good news. I've had it confirmed that Gallen has a mobile phone.
     No laptop then?

This proves that we're skint
  • Options
    Then it shouldn't be on the rumours thread 
    🙄
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Then it shouldn't be on the rumours thread 
    🙄
    Just no pleasing some people is there B)
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

He was only off one day last week he had already returned 
  • Options
    But is it a "super duper" one ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!