Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Hmm, not been one of these posts in a while so I'll have to restore a bit of order 

Wow, any actual rumours? I came here to read rumours not silly jokes 
    There was a rumour yesterday lunch time but it got lost in the nonsense. 
    I know mate just mucking about, is that actually a proper rumour or just hopeful?

Richard J said:
    @Braziliance apart from me no one else commented on @Cafc43v3r 's rumour about the Welsh International left back Declan John .

Colby Bishop from Accrington was mentioned also .

Wasn't Bishop just an idea rather than an actual link? 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Ipswich have signed Wes Burns from Fleetwood and Lee Evans from Wigan.

Wigan have signed Jack Whatmough from Portsmouth.

Movement beginning to happen around us.
    I think Ipswich are going to be a real problem next season! We need to get moving if our rivals are.

BTW Gallen is 100% still around I speak to somebody who knows SG and he’s busy working on deals but been on his holibobs until this week.
    One of two times we can sign players and he goes on holidays. 
    I mean he obviously does sod between September and January, works a month then has the next 4 off.  Maybe we should give him a part time salary as well............ 
    Good idea! But only if he scores 15 goals, mostly from the bench. :smile:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Hmm, not been one of these posts in a while so I'll have to restore a bit of order 

Wow, any actual rumours? I came here to read rumours not silly jokes 
    There was a rumour yesterday lunch time but it got lost in the nonsense. 
    I know mate just mucking about, is that actually a proper rumour or just hopeful?

Richard J said:
    @Braziliance apart from me no one else commented on @Cafc43v3r 's rumour about the Welsh International left back Declan John .

Colby Bishop from Accrington was mentioned also .

Wasn't Bishop just an idea rather than an actual link? 

Not hopeful, I actually had to Google him ha ha.

Just heard we have shown interest, what ever that actually means.  I would guess we probably have about 10 left backs on lists somewhere? 
  • surely this is the best time for gallen to go on holiday. If we need gallen now, we are bang in trouble!

players would hopefully have been identified now and it’s over to Adkins and gedy to work their magic.

I would not be impressed by the head hunter mot being around when I joined a company. Nor would any player and more so his agent.
    You do realise that the season has ended?
  • SLP reporting Pompey are also keen on Stockley.
  • No real surprise that all and sundry wants Stockley after his show for us, thing is I think he stated at the end of the season that he would love to sign permanent for us, now, if we could just get our fingers out of our arses and actually do some business before all our targets get lured away, great B)
  • No real surprise that all and sundry wants Stockley after his show for us, thing is I think he stated at the end of the season that he would love to sign permanent for us, now, if we could just get our fingers out of our arses and actually do some business before all our targets get lured away, great B)
    Given that we haven't missed out on a single confirmed target yet I really wouldn't panic. Speculation only so far.
  • Bearing in mind that Stockley is a South Coast guy - depressingly Pompey may well be the most attractive option for him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why would that be coming out of a deal is done? Someone’s leaked it for some reason. No need to if it’s all sorted. 
  • thenewbie said:
    No real surprise that all and sundry wants Stockley after his show for us, thing is I think he stated at the end of the season that he would love to sign permanent for us, now, if we could just get our fingers out of our arses and actually do some business before all our targets get lured away, great B)
    Given that we haven't missed out on a single confirmed target yet I really wouldn't panic. Speculation only so far.
    Given there hasn't been a single confirmed target that's not very impressive.

What is curious, more than worrying, is none of the out of contract players have signed, or at least been announced.  If they all don't we will have a much longer shopping list. 
  • thenewbie said:
    No real surprise that all and sundry wants Stockley after his show for us, thing is I think he stated at the end of the season that he would love to sign permanent for us, now, if we could just get our fingers out of our arses and actually do some business before all our targets get lured away, great B)
    Not to mention I'd wonder if we've missed out because we're offering shite wages or whether because we're trying to chase bigger targets - e.g. Jack Whatmough would have been a good option for us but who'd be complaining in Virgil Van Dijk signed instead, exaggerated example I know but hope people get my point.
  • Bearing in mind that Stockley is a South Coast guy - depressingly Pompey may well be the most attractive option for him 
    Or are we more attractive as he knows that Adkins will utilise him properly?

We're only a couple of hours up the road from the South Coast
  • thenewbie said:
    Not to mention I'd wonder if we've missed out because we're offering shite wages or whether because we're trying to chase bigger targets - e.g. Jack Whatmough would have been a good option for us but who'd be complaining in Virgil Van Dijk signed instead, exaggerated example I know but hope people get my point.
    Understand a slightly exaggerated example and I do get your point, my point is though, nothing is happening is it, are we trying to overstep the mark in signings, I doubt it, but we seem on the face of it to be just sitting on our hands, at least that is my impression for what it is worth.
    All the contract offers have so far come to nothing, Chuks still seems to be aiming high, It is probably frustration, and maybe I just need another beer and chill, but it ain't easy
  • Stockleys agent trying to top up his fee I suspect
    Why wouldn’t it be genuine interest? We’re unlikely to be the only club interested after his good spell with us.
  • thenewbie said:
    I would be shocked if we had offered Whatmough anything.    It would be a massive risk having him and Inniss.

Add in I don't think he is "that good" either.  Did Pompey offer him a new deal?  I am sure he wasn't on a fortune. 
  • edited June 2021
    Bearing in mind that Stockley is a South Coast guy - depressingly Pompey may well be the most attractive option for him 
    Maybe, but Lytchett Minster (where he went to school), is nowhere near Portsmouth and I can't imagine there's any affinity, (unless he loved his 9 game loan at Pompey).
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+long+by+car+from+Lytchett+Minster+to+Portsmouth&oq=how+long+by+car+from+Lytchett+Minster+to+Portsmouth&aqs=chrome..69i57.18765j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Understand a slightly exaggerated example and I do get your point, my point is though, nothing is happening is it, are we trying to overstep the mark in signings, I doubt it, but we seem on the face of it to be just sitting on our hands, at least that is my impression for what it is worth.
    All the contract offers have so far come to nothing, Chuks still seems to be aiming high, It is probably frustration, and maybe I just need another beer and chill, but it ain't easy
    The first few signings could be very telling as to what we can expect this window... We're either going to be very underwhelmed or whelmed, cant see any middle ground with us lot ;) 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I’m more worried that Stockley seems to be leading the bowling attack for New Zealand today 😬
    If he does the job for Bexley this summer we could lose him for 3 months for the ashes!! 
  • Think Ruben is Ruben Sammut, ex Chelsea academy lad who didn’t make it and was doing some part time scouting for us last year I believe (and academy scouting for Chelsea) whilst playing for Dulwich Hamlet. Sounds like he might be more involved now. 
    Unusual for AFKA to share gossip on the main site instead of the clique jinbox thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Sammut

Sounds like the new Bradley Pritchard

Dazzler21 has made that thread “Exec Members only” 🤷‍♂️
  • Maccn05 said:
    Ipswich have signed Wes Burns from Fleetwood and Lee Evans from Wigan.

Wigan have signed Jack Whatmough from Portsmouth.

Movement beginning to happen around us.
    I think Ipswich are going to be a real problem next season! We need to get moving if our rivals are.

BTW Gallen is 100% still around I speak to somebody who knows SG and he’s busy working on deals but been on his holibobs until this week.
    One of two times we can sign players and he goes on holidays. 
    Hopefully he left holiday notes for his colleagues
    “Red sauce on mine” was a message left for one member of staff 🤷‍♂️😉
  • edited June 2021
    There's been less than a dozen deals done over the entirety of League One so far, Sandgaard has shown himself to be a pretty savvy and professional businessman in the work he's done so far. 
    Lack of OBSERVABLE activity dies not equal actual lack of activity. Once Adkins was picked as the first choice of manager things were done pretty quickly and efficiently.

If we get to the end of this month with absolutely nothing happened at all,then maybe it's time to start worrying, but certainly not yet l think.
  • thenewbie said:
    Not seen anything to suggest that.

Club has stated that players have been offered deals.

Adkins has said repeatedly that they are working hard and that he's not taking a holiday.

Lack of observable activity does not mean they are "sitting on our hands".

Yes but your forgetting about the significant minority that expected all 25 senior players to be released and 20 "championship class" being signed by the 1st of June, all on perms. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!