Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Is that our Toby Stevenson who’s been released by Watford or different player? 
  • Is that our Toby Stevenson who’s been released by Watford or different player? 
    Same player 
  • edited June 2021
    Certainly some interesting names there , massive clear out at Bristol City it seems! 

I remember when everyone was hyping Lewis Holtby for an England callup when he was at Schalke. 
  • Still not concerned that we haven't signed anyone yet. Out of contract players are still getting paid by their (old) club until 30th June so they are in no rush & probably mulling over their options.

Might start getting twitchy in 2 weeks time if there had been no announcements & ideally would like to see 3 or 4 signings by the time pre-season starts. 

Might be going ape shit though in 6 weeks time........

What you’re saying is the the next two weeks could be crucial...
  • Can we sign Louis Reed from Peterborough, please.

No idea of his football talent but he's a musical genius.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Certainly some interesting names there , massive clear out at Bristol City it seems! 

I remember when everyone was hyping Lewis Holtby for an England callup when he was at Schalke. 
    He won 3 gaps for Germany.  30 years old now, his career has tailed off dramatically.
  • It will be criminal if we don’t try to get Conor Lawless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    MarcusH26 said:

He won 3 gaps for Germany.  30 years old now, his career has tailed off dramatically.
    Yeah tailed off massively , think he's had a lot of injuries too. 
  • Sign any of them pleeaasee. Every single player on that list is better than the signings we've already made. 
  • edited June 2021
    Got some interesting names in there...

Middlesbrough and Millwall with Jordan Archer and Frank Fielding both released, could be a good option as a Number two that'll challenge Amos and so allow Maynard-Brewer to go out on loan.

Surprised that the former are also getting rid of Assombalonga and Fletcher, isnt that both first-choice Strikers they're letting go? - Both the former and Marvin Johnson are the type I'd love to see us sign, but Britt has struggled massively with injuries, whilst Johnson (once a target when he went to Middlesbrough) may well have regressed.

Edit: Didnt realise that Assombalonga is only 28, has certainly played more games of late than I realise
  • edited June 2021
    Shows its a Football problem now and not just something that Charlton have suffered with of late... Oxford releasing Jack Stevens cant be down to club choice, he's only broken through this season, got them into the Play-Offs and saved a couple of penalties as we well know!!
  • Got some interesting names in there...

Middlesbrough and Millwall with Jordan Archer and Frank Fielding both released, could be a good option as a Number two that'll challenge Amos and so allow Maynard-Brewer to go out on loan.

Surprised that the former are also getting rid of Assombalonga and Fletcher, isnt that both first-choice Strikers they're letting go? - Both the former and Marvin Johnson are the type I'd love to see us sign, but Britt has struggled massively with injuries, whilst Johnson (once a target when he went to Middlesbrough) may well have regressed.

Edit: Didnt realise that Assombalonga is only 28, has certainly played more games of late than I realise
    They have also made Akpon available for transfer, a lot of wages coming off the bill.  Cost saving or to fund a new team?  Time will tell.

Re you next post didn't Stevens also let that Shinnie free kick through his hands? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Got some interesting names in there...

They have also made Akpon available for transfer, a lot of wages coming off the bill.  Cost saving or to fund a new team?  Time will tell.

Re you next post didn't Stevens also let that Shinnie free kick through his hands? 
    No that was Simon Eastwood. Stevens saved the Schwartz penalty in the away game 
  • Shows its a Football problem now and not just something that Charlton have suffered with of late... Oxford releasing Jack Stevens cant be down to club choice, he's only broken through this season, got them into the Play-Offs and saved a couple of penalties as we well know!!
    It’s a different Jack Stevens they have released. Not the keeper. 
  • Danlazzz said:
    Shows its a Football problem now and not just something that Charlton have suffered with of late... Oxford releasing Jack Stevens cant be down to club choice, he's only broken through this season, got them into the Play-Offs and saved a couple of penalties as we well know!!
    Well thats just bloody confusing :D
  • edited June 2021
    Danlazzz said:
    I think the keeper (Stevens) at Oxford was a loan......
    Edit: sorry just been corrected by FA, my mistake, must pay attention next time B)
  • Danlazzz said:
    I think the keeper (Stevens) at Oxford was a loan.
    Nah both Stevens were definitely theirs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Stevens_(footballer,_born_1997)

Must have been bloody confusing if they were in the U23s together

But then I've heard anyone with the Stevens surname can be a bit of a difficult sod!! :D
  • Sponsored links:

• I love the speculation.

My problem is that I have a bit of ' Marcus Maddison syndrome'. I take a liking to players who play well against us.

That is why I mentioned Borthwick Jackson. He impressed me when we played Scunny. Also as someone who played  10 Premier League appearances for United he must have something about him. I wonder whether Nigel could rejuvenate him? 
  • I am no Ackworth, I'm almost always a spectator when it comes to potential signings.

The only one that seemed such an obvious one to me was Paul Parker, I think it was the last match of the season when we got promoted at Sellout, we were heading up with Fulham getting relegated, he was easily the standout player on the pitch. No idea why we didn't go in for him.

Excellent past signings were never on my radar and never heard of them before they joined us: Mendonca, Hunt, Mills, Kishishev, Kinsella etc.

Players I had heard of and signed mostly haven't turned out so well: Hasselbaink, Barnes, Murphy. Just Di Canio being the notable acception I can think of.

I look forward to learning of the new signings and finding out if this is a Lawrence moment when he stole the best players from Wolves (apart from Flowers) and we started on our glorious road to beautiful memories. 
  • A few rumours from Nixon on Twitter today:

Wigan bid for Fraser
    Ipswich want Colby Bishop
    Wycombe want Owen Dale

• I heard that Shaun Sithole,  released by Fleetwood, is a Millwall target....
  • From that released list, I think Jordan Archer and Shane Ferguson would be good. Both are also settled in the area.

My obscure player to get. I have always been impressed with Burton's Lucas Akins, but 32 years old so I guess doesn't fit the profile.
  • A few rumours from Nixon on Twitter today:

Wigan bid for Fraser
    Ipswich want Colby Bishop
    Wycombe want Owen Dale

Wouldn't mind any of those 3. Although coming from Nixon it's got to be taken with a massive pinch of salt. 
  • I heard that Shaun Sithole,  released by Fleetwood, is a Millwall target....
    Well he’s just an h short of the perfect move.
    Precisely.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!