Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Since Sangaard arrived these are the 'Gallen' signings: 

Gilbey
    Washington
    Maddison
    Bogle
    Watson
    Gunter
    Inniss
    Jaiyesimi
    Shinnie

Loans: 

Smith
    Smyth
    Maatsen
    Stockley
    Levitt
    Famewo
    Millar

Wouldn't say judging from that Gallen would give off the greatest first impression to Thomas. 
    We were still under an embargo when Washington and Gilbey signed.
    not Sandgaard signings were they?
    If anything that makes it worse. 

Takes away 2 of the best signings Gallen has made from that list. 
  • Options
    Ipswich have signed Wes Burns from Fleetwood and Lee Evans from Wigan.

Wigan have signed Jack Whatmough from Portsmouth.

Movement beginning to happen around us.
  • Options

There was a poster here saying Whatmough would be good for us, ignoring the red cards, own goals and 2 serious injuries, I am supprised he has gone to Wigan. I would say that is a sign of intent tbh.

This is going to be a serious division next season, make no mistake. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

There was a poster here saying Whatmough would be good for us, ignoring the red cards, own goals and 2 serious injuries, I am supprised he has gone to Wigan. I would say that is a sign of intent tbh.

Never been impressed by him and the Pompey fans don't seem too bothered to see him go.

I think Wigan and Ipswich will both have bigger budgets than us this summer.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Never been impressed by him and the Pompey fans don't seem too bothered to see him go.

Similar to Chuks I'd say, they'll miss his ability on the pitch but if they replace him with someone less injury prone then overall it probably won't be a bad deal. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I have never knowingly watched him play but signing 1st team players from teams that finished 10 places above you is a good start.

We forget we aren't the only club in the division with a new, rich, owner that talks a good game.  More than one is going to be disappointed.  I just pray it isn't us.

The proof will be in the pudding 
  • Options
    This is Reubens. 

That's Joe Ledley in drag.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I have never knowingly watched him play but signing 1st team players from teams that finished 10 places above you is a good start.

We forget we aren't the only club in the division with a new, rich, owner that talks a good game.  More than one is going to be disappointed.  I just pray it isn't us.

Aaaagh! The proof of the pudding is in the eating. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating

Edit - Oggy beat me to it
  • Options
    In terms of Cousins, I would have him back if he is the same player who left us. He had limitations, most do, but he was a good player. I haven't been following his career closely enough to know what he is like now but I'm sure Gallen and Adkins will have better intelligence in which to make a decision if there is a decision to be made.
    I never rated him that much to be honest, just average IMHO.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Also, this logic doesn't hold up. Ben Watson was a regular starter for Forest the season before we signed him, a team that was challenging for promotion from the division above ours at the time but he was mediocre at best for us last season..
  • Options
    Ruben Watson
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That was me. Let’s see how he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Aaaagh! The proof of the pudding is in the eating. :smile:

It is indeed, God knows what I was thinking, I don't even know what I actually meant to write 😂😂😂
  • Options
    In terms of Cousins, I would have him back if he is the same player who left us. He had limitations, most do, but he was a good player. I haven't been following his career closely enough to know what he is like now but I'm sure Gallen and Adkins will have better intelligence in which to make a decision if there is a decision to be made.

He did win two successive player of the year votes.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

He did win two successive player of the year votes.
    Did he really......blimey that’s a surprise!
  • Options
    Think Ruben is Ruben Sammut, ex Chelsea academy lad who didn’t make it and was doing some part time scouting for us last year I believe (and academy scouting for Chelsea) whilst playing for Dulwich Hamlet. Sounds like he might be more involved now. 
     And what a résumé!
  • Options
    Think Ruben is Ruben Sammut, ex Chelsea academy lad who didn’t make it and was doing some part time scouting for us last year I believe (and academy scouting for Chelsea) whilst playing for Dulwich Hamlet. Sounds like he might be more involved now. 
    Unusual for AFKA to share gossip on the main site instead of the clique inbox thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Sammut

Sounds like the new Bradley Pritchard
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

I think Ipswich are going to be a real problem next season! We need to get moving if our rivals are.

BTW Gallen is 100% still around I speak to somebody who knows SG and he’s busy working on deals but been on his holibobs until this week.
    One of two times we can sign players and he goes on holidays. 
    Yeah, fancy letting a member of staff go on holiday.

Fortunately we now have a recruitment team
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

I think Ipswich are going to be a real problem next season! We need to get moving if our rivals are.

BTW Gallen is 100% still around I speak to somebody who knows SG and he’s busy working on deals but been on his holibobs until this week.
    I mean he obviously does sod between September and January, works a month then has the next 4 off.  Maybe we should give him a part time salary as well............ 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Hopefully he left holiday notes for his colleagues
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Yeah, fancy letting a member of staff go on holiday.

Fortunately we now have a recruitment team
    How big is this recruitment team?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!