Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Reckon thats always been the case

If Maatsen opted for the Championship over us, its clear we're not going to settle for Purrington and Gunter or a youngster there
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Gunter will get the nod I imagine 
  • Options
    Be interesting if the left back is a permanent move or another PL youngster on loan. I expect the latter 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:
    Please no. We suffered really badly last season because we lacked proper defensive cover. We needed a left back and a cb even before Purrington was injured. Now they are essential this week.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mendez Gomes has looked tidy
    You are watching a different game to me. Our youngest are better as back up. Thank you for helping us out, but no thanks mate
    Nah I think we’re watching the same game just looking at different elements of the game. I think Gomes did a good job of looking at runs in behind, good distribution to the wings. Downside he had his pocket picked a couple of times but would more often than not have Dobson tidying up should be play for us competitively.
    He looks awkward, and panicked on the ball, his first touch got him in to trouble a number of times. I personally feel he doesn’t improve the squad.

If we are bring a midfielder in, bring one in that improves us.
    Disagree completely but that’s life :smile:
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:
    Thought Gunter had a great game tonight 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mendez Gomes has looked tidy
    You are watching a different game to me. Our youngest are better as back up. Thank you for helping us out, but no thanks mate
    Nah I think we’re watching the same game just looking at different elements of the game. I think Gomes did a good job of looking at runs in behind, good distribution to the wings. Downside he had his pocket picked a couple of times but would more often than not have Dobson tidying up should be play for us competitively.
    He looks awkward, and panicked on the ball, his first touch got him in to trouble a number of times. I personally feel he doesn’t improve the squad.

If we are bring a midfielder in, bring one in that improves us.
    Disagree completely but that’s life :smile:
    Indeed, time will tell I suppose. 
  • Options
    Ogilivie playing again for Gillingham tonight. Would love us to sign him and that’s even if Purrington was fit. 
  • Options
    Why we ain’t in for Ogilivie is beyond me! Won’t cost that much in wages, surely? 

Need a new LB more than anything now Purrington is injured. Adkins can’t be serious when he just said we have Matthews and Gunter who can play there and Jacob Roddy!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:
    He did and you can play a Gunter or Matthews or even a JFC there as a one off.  You can't have Purrington who, to be fair, isn't probably good enough to be first choice anyway, as your only senior left back.

Left back is certainly on the improve, not depth, list. 
    https://twitter.com/louismend/status/1420104635889631232?s=21

Apparently not… madness to me.
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:
    He did and you can play a Gunter or Matthews or even a JFC there as a one off.  You can't have Purrington who, to be fair, isn't probably good enough to be first choice anyway, as your only senior left back.

Utter madness! He must be joking?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:

Definitely. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:
    Please no. We suffered really badly last season because we lacked proper defensive cover. We needed a left back and a cb even before Purrington was injured. Now they are essential this week.
    I’m with you mate.  Just highlighting that of the players available, he’s probably the one likely to play if he we don’t bring anyone in.

We have to hope Inniss doesn’t break down whilst he’s being managed during pre season, otherwise you’d be looking at a defence of Matthews, Famewo, Pearce and Gunter.  

That’s not a great back 4
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    MattF said:

Utter madness! He must be joking?
    He didn’t confirm or deny anything if you read between the lines. We may still go in for a proper left back. All he’s saying is we have two or three options who can fill in there. 

We’re not going to be held to ransom by anybody for a player but if the right one becomes available, I’m sure we’ll make the move.
  • Options
    I think you can read it both ways - "we knew going into the season... didn't need to worry too much". So it can easily be read that Adkins wants one but didn't see the urgency. 
  • Options
    impressed by what ive seen so far - 2nd half against reading and tonight - we look sharp and hungry and the midfield has some physicality at last - wouldn't sign gomes - no better than what we have - all our signings now need to be better than what we have and the optimists amongst us believe that will be the case - we are shopping at the right time now, with a half empty basket and a pocket full of cash for the right purchases in a market that will start to drop - the wiring is in place - just need to add some dynamite now to blow this division apart !!! - over to you Tommy - lets rock !!!    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Why we ain’t in for Ogilivie is beyond me! Won’t cost that much in wages, surely? 

Need a new LB more than anything now Purrington is injured. Adkins can’t be serious when he just said we have Matthews and Gunter who can play there and Jacob Roddy!!! 
    How do you know we aren't? 
    You know that we are? 
  • Options
    Don’t think buying a left back was ever in the budget and we only ever was going to get a loan signing to cover that area 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

How do you know we aren't? 
    You know that we are? 
    No but a lack of positive evidence doesn't prove a negative.  He will be on a list.  The only question is is he high enough on our list to give him what he wants?  I suspect not, yet.  He could go higher on ours, his expectations could also go down.

The same is probably true for a dozen players, if not more. 
  • Options
    Don’t think buying a left back was ever in the budget and we only ever was going to get a loan signing to cover that area 
    Know that you’ve been saying all Summer that  Maatsen will be 100% coming back so will be interesting to see if that happens.
  • Options
    Problem with Ogilvie is he wants to play centre back and my Gills supporting mate said he’s better there anyway. So we might have enquired but if he wants a CB position it might not work for us 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    noise on another forum that nigel may not be happy with sandgaard, something about broken promises. sounds a bit like panic to me, anybody itk have anthing to say ont hat?
    I was thinking he didn't seem his usual upbeat self post match today.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!