Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the match thread

Before anyone wets the bed Nigle isn't talking to us.  He is talking to anyone that just added 100k to the loan fee for their left back or an agent representing an unemployed left back in the Gillingham area. 

Canny fucker is mister nice guy.  
    Don’t understand this at all. Just me?
    If a manager publicly says we urgently need a left back then any club/agent we're talking to will increase their demands knowing we're desperate to sign their player ASAP.
    That’s true but won’t any club or agent knowing we probably do need a left back know that Adkins would say we don’t. Also  most agents know exactly what positions we’ve been enquiring about for months
    Yes it's a bit optimistic to think that clubs will look at us, a club clearly trying to make signings, and think we're not after a left back. Especially when we've previous said that we would have liked Maatsen back
  • Options
    We haven’t had a house analogy for a while.. feels like we’ve bought a new house, but have no furniture, and just don’t know where to start, hope we haven’t got subsidence!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mendez Gomes has looked tidy
    You are watching a different game to me. Our youngest are better as back up. Thank you for helping us out, but no thanks mate
    Agree with Josh (except the Mendez part). Decent player. 
    Yep, my mistake. Wish we had Mendez Gomez too though!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    We are after a left back.

. He said he wanted to ensure we got the keeper and striker right first, which we did. They’re working on other targets all the time.

Did we ?  don't remember replacing Chucks. Must have missed that one. Unless you mean Davison, who scored 3 for FG last season. 

Of course I'm being facetious - we brought in Stockley. He just happened to be here last season........along with Chuks 🤔
  • Options
    FWIW. I dont necessarily think we need to urgently go out at get a left back.  If Purrington is only out for a few weeks - a month at most, then Gunter or Roddy can deputise. If you brought in a new left back they would assume that it's their position for the season & I don't think that's fair on Purrington. A loan would do the trick & in my mind that's what loans are for - plugging gaps. Not replacing a regular or a main part of the team. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

. He said he wanted to ensure we got the keeper and striker right first, which we did. They’re working on other targets all the time.

Did we ?  don't remember replacing Chucks. Must have missed that one. Unless you mean Davison, who scored 3 for FG last season. 

Of course I'm being facetious - we brought in Stockley. He just happened to be here last season........along with Chuks 🤔
    Well yeah, but if we HADN'T bought him in our strikers would be Schwartz and Davison*. So he is in fact a striker we've bought in no matter the negative spin you try and put on it.

* Depending on whether Washington counts as a striker given Adkins' preference for playing him out wide.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

I know what you’re saying mate, but that’s just simply not how it happened. The worked hard to get Aneke to stay, he ended up getting a Championship move and being paid more than we could offer. That’s football.

I am sure that although Davison may have had a relatively good pre-season, they would be looking at bringing in another striker too.
    I hope so, but I wont hold my breath. 
  • Options
    I'll be negative after we have lost several games we should have won. After we have consistently played badly. This whole "we've been through so much it's made me negative" is just getting f***ng boring.

A league one club with the likes of Worthington Stockley Famewo Innis Clare and some excellent young players coming through is in a strong position.

Let's wait til we have played at least ONE match FFS
    You know Frank Worthington died a while back ? 

Almost as if there’s WUPs arguing on this site just for gits and shiggles 
    🤭
  • Options
    FWIW. I dont necessarily think we need to urgently go out at get a left back.  If Purrington is only out for a few weeks - a month at most, then Gunter or Roddy can deputise. If you brought in a new left back they would assume that it's their position for the season & I don't think that's fair on Purrington. A loan would do the trick & in my mind that's what loans are for - plugging gaps. Not replacing a regular or a main part of the team. 

Still leaves us with max 1 even vaguely experienced LB
    many on here don’t rate him (wrongly)
    Gallen’s already intimated that the plan is to have cover everywhere 
    Given how few loans we currently have my money’s on LB being a loan but we’ll now try to quietly bring that forward 
    Balance in the side is essential at all times and not a factor to take risks on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Ipswich drew 3-3 with Colchester earlier tonight, with an 87th minute equaliser saving them from defeat.

Not a rumour I know, but relevant with everyone watching Ipswich hoovering up players and turning green with envy.
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    noise on another forum that nigel may not be happy with sandgaard, something about broken promises. sounds a bit like panic to me, anybody itk have anthing to say ont hat?
    I believe this could be true, the club been losing more man than expected £11 mill plus a year, which is a lot more than originally expected. This had a huge effect on the transfer budget. The budget is actually less than the year we were promoted!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    When is Nigel ever not happy? 

On a separate note, I'm not in the worriers camp, but I am now in the bored camp. Please sign some players to relieve this painful inertia. 
  • Options
    There really is plenty of time left though, especially for the Prem loans which will hopefully improve us massively. 

Cullen signed for us on the 30th of August during our league 1 season
    Bielik was on the 16th of August

I'm expecting similar. 
    Plus a lot of premier league sides don't even have half their squads back in training because of the Euro's and the Copa America.

Man City played a friendly last night and only had 7 senior pro's in their squad. So until the big clubs have their full squads back it's unlikely they'll be making final decisions on who to loan out just yet. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:
    noise on another forum that nigel may not be happy with sandgaard, something about broken promises. sounds a bit like panic to me, anybody itk have anthing to say ont hat?
    I believe this could be true, the club been losing more man than expected £11 mill plus a year, which is a lot more than originally expected. This had a huge effect on the transfer budget. The budget is actually less than the year we were promoted!
    Do you mean wage budget rather than total budget?  

I don’t remember us spending money on a fee last time which we have this time. 

We are obviously still fairly competitive in wages as signed players of rivals.

I am quite happy if we are not over paying and offering silly wages. 

TS is building the club from the bottom up with with a structure that is good enough for me and will serve is well longer term. 

Fully agree with that.

Anyway...Wednesday today...hope the home kit is a belter! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to see what exciting loan players we get through the door gotta be another 4 loans and 1 perm IMO
  • Options
    Ipswich drew 3-3 with Colchester earlier tonight, with an 87th minute equaliser saving them from defeat.

Not a rumour I know, but relevant with everyone watching Ipswich hoovering up players and turning green with envy.
    And Newcastle fans booed them off after 1-1 draw with Rotherham what is wrong with fans ???
  • Options

Last season we had purrington and Maatsen plus Gunter and Matthew’s. Surely a Left back would have been on the radar?
    It’s certainly an area I thought we’d have been looking at anyway.
    Perhaps they have that budget targeted elsewhere or they already have a loan lined up. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:

TS is building the club from the bottom up with with a structure that is good enough for me and will serve is well longer term. 

Fully agree with that.

Agreed TS has already said the budget higher then last season … but we are not going silly and spending 15k a week in wages or 2 mill on a player .. TS has just taken over a mess of a club he not going to put us back there after how much he had to commit to to save the club …. People forgetting why NA was brought in because he excellent bringing young player through .. TS knows that what we need to do 
  • Options

And Newcastle fans booed them off after 1-1 draw with Rotherham what is wrong with fans ???
    Because they can't stand Steve Bruce, they probably would have been booed off if they won 15-0
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mendez Gomes has looked tidy
    You are watching a different game to me. Our youngest are better as back up. Thank you for helping us out, but no thanks mate
    Nah I think we’re watching the same game just looking at different elements of the game. I think Gomes did a good job of looking at runs in behind, good distribution to the wings. Downside he had his pocket picked a couple of times but would more often than not have Dobson tidying up should be play for us competitively.
    He looks awkward, and panicked on the ball, his first touch got him in to trouble a number of times. I personally feel he doesn’t improve the squad.

If we are bring a midfielder in, bring one in that improves us.
    I think you may be mistaking that with his desire to do positive things. He looks like a decent addition to the squad to me and if he continues to play like that, we will surely take him on as why have him on trial otherwise?
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:

Because they can't stand Steve Bruce, they probably would have been booed off if they won 15-0
    I know they don't like Bruce but Mike Ashley doesn't give him much money to work with and Newcastle finished 12th last season. Where do their fans think they should be finishing?

You have the big 6, plus Leicester and Everton. Villa have spent 200m+ in 2 years, Leeds have Bielsa and spent a fair bit as well. 
  • Options
    Sam Greenwood of Leeds we are number of lower league sides looking at a possible loan ??? 
  • Options
    There really is plenty of time left though, especially for the Prem loans which will hopefully improve us massively. 

Cullen signed for us on the 30th of August during our league 1 season
    Bielik was on the 16th of August

I'm expecting similar. 
    Plus a lot of premier league sides don't even have half their squads back in training because of the Euro's and the Copa America.

Man City played a friendly last night and only had 7 senior pro's in their squad. So until the big clubs have their full squads back it's unlikely they'll be making final decisions on who to loan out just yet. 
    Exactly. I mean Man Utd even did make a decision and loan a player out without actually letting him leave the club (Chong to Birmingham). 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:

Fully agree with that.

Agreed TS has already said the budget higher then last season … but we are not going silly and spending 15k a week in wages or 2 mill on a player .. TS has just taken over a mess of a club he not going to put us back there after how much he had to commit to to save the club …. People forgetting why NA was brought in because he excellent bringing young player through .. TS knows that what we need to do 
    There are a number of players that several league One clubs are looking at. We might be one of them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!