Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    My mates son was at the game last night and waited outside for Thomas and got a photo with him. He asked about transfers and TS replied “we’re speaking to players and agents every day but most transfers will happen on deadline day “
    He’s got a super duper phone hasn’t he.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Saw someone mention Sam Greenwood , that would be an interesting loan although I'd assume Leeds would want him to be a regular starter. Scored a stunning freekick for Leeds last night too. 
    I think it’s likely that the person who mentioned Greenwood, saw he scored last night and decided to invent a bit of interest of Charlton’s behalf.
    Oh fair enough! Don't think Leeds would send one of their best young talents to back up Stockley! 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Vfrf said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mendez Gomes has looked tidy
    You are watching a different game to me. Our youngest are better as back up. Thank you for helping us out, but no thanks mate
    Nah I think we’re watching the same game just looking at different elements of the game. I think Gomes did a good job of looking at runs in behind, good distribution to the wings. Downside he had his pocket picked a couple of times but would more often than not have Dobson tidying up should be play for us competitively.
    He looks awkward, and panicked on the ball, his first touch got him in to trouble a number of times. I personally feel he doesn’t improve the squad.

If we are bring a midfielder in, bring one in that improves us.
    I think you may be mistaking that with his desire to do positive things. He looks like a decent addition to the squad to me and if he continues to play like that, we will surely take him on as why have him on trial otherwise?
    Sorry, I don’t see that.. Time will tell I suppose!
  • Options
    My only concern is we’ve only replaced some key positions from last season and have three new faces in the squad as we’ve brought Famewo and Stockley back to the club.

Amos - McGilverrey

Shinnie - Clare

Pratley - Dobson

Famewo - Famewo 

Stockley - Stockley 

Still need to replace:

Maatsen 
    Aneke
    Oshilaja 
    Millar 

Plus additional signings ideally a number 10/playmaker and another winger/striker. 

We are short, there is no denying that, we can’t just fill the gaps with the youngsters but I think we probably will with Elewere and Clayden slotting in and perhaps Vennings too. I trust we will bring in some quality signings but this wasn’t the summer I think many of us were expecting. 

• Options
    What is nice is we haven't heard any rumours of teams after our players...
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Is there anyone we really have to worry about losing at the moment? 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    That's because they are all rubbish and we're going to be in a relegation scrap don't ya know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not turning out to be the summer rebuild we all thought. 
    Wrong. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

5 weeks of transfer window remaining (34 days)

The important date is August 7th. Start of the season. Which is 10 days away.

I can imagine the scenes if we started the season with just 11 players.....fans would still he chanting the mantra "the transfer window doesn't shut for another 3 weeks - what's the problem"
    You can't win the league in August
    I reckon Sheffield Wednesday could with a bit of help from their new shirt sponsors - EFL. 
  • Options
    There is some people on here waiting and hoping that we get loans from premier league clubs and hoping for promotion.If that happens all well and good,but then the players go back to their respective clubs and we go crashing back down to league 1.The only way to progress is to spend money on class players tie them down on 3 year contracts ,that’s called stability. You can’t bank too heavily on the youngsters coming through ,although it’s great to see that happen,realistically you will only get one or two of them will be good enough to cut the mustard.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    My mates son was at the game last night and waited outside for Thomas and got a photo with him. He asked about transfers and TS replied “we’re speaking to players and agents every day but most transfers will happen on deadline day “
    Which is when?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

I can imagine the scenes if we started the season with just 11 players.....fans would still he chanting the mantra "the transfer window doesn't shut for another 3 weeks - what's the problem"

Also, for out of contract players there is no transfer window so might as well say we have all season. 
    The important date is 30/04/2022 - Whether we are promoted automatically, are in the play offs or have failed again. 

I know you don't like to hear it, but at the start of this coming season we will be starting stronger than we started last season. I'd argue we're stronger than when the Summer window closed.

I admit we will be weaker than we finished last season, IF we stay as we are.
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    There is some people on here waiting and hoping that we get loans from premier league clubs and hoping for promotion.If that happens all well and good,but then the players go back to their respective clubs and we go crashing back down to league 1.The only way to progress is to spend money on class players tie them down on 3 year contracts ,that’s called stability. You can’t bank too heavily on the youngsters coming through ,although it’s great to see that happen,realistically you will only get one or two of them will be good enough to cut the mustard.
    And if you dont have much money the other option is to either produce players through your Academy, sell them on for profit and build a squad from the proceeds - Or find players that'll either be free or require low transfer fees that can equally be turned into a profit.

Anyone who tries to buy their way through the leagues at the moment is an idiot

There is never any guarantee and with COVID still around, who knows when fans might be denied entry again meaning lost revenue
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You can't win the league in August
    Its also worth pointing out you cant lose the league in August either

Sheffield United got four points from five games in 2016/17 yet still ended up on 100-pts
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    How is buying class players on 3 year contracts stability? Presumably to get those players you have to pay over the odds (to convince them to join us over top league 1 or champ clubs)? That's literally the opposite of stability. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Davo53 said:
    There is some people on here waiting and hoping that we get loans from premier league clubs and hoping for promotion.If that happens all well and good,but then the players go back to their respective clubs and we go crashing back down to league 1.The only way to progress is to spend money on class players tie them down on 3 year contracts ,that’s called stability. You can’t bank too heavily on the youngsters coming through ,although it’s great to see that happen, realistically you will only get one or two of them will be good enough to cut the mustard.
    Or you obtain further investment and utilise loans the next season too. 
  • Options
    I guess one thing we have learned this summer is that old cliches like "getting our business done early" and  "giving the new players a full pre-season" are now redundant.

• Options
    Ross said:
    Albie would be the only one I guess...
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Cool. Got time to get the Oasis and Space Raiders in.
  • Options
    I guess one thing we have learned this summer is that old cliches like "getting our business done early" and  "giving the new players a full pre-season" are now redundant.

Don’t think happens since players and agents got all the power .. perhaps players contracts should end on June 1st so that players are really out of contract in July 1st and not Aug 1st 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Albie would be the only one I guess...
    I like Albie, but I seriously doubt anybody would be in for him - we couldn’t even get him a loan in the football league at the beginning of last season, and then he hardly did much after that.
  • Options
    Peterborough, other than an emergency gk loan, only had 1 loan all season, so it is possible to build a promotion squad without relying on loans

Hull only had 2 loan players up to January, 3 in the second half of the season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!