Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    arny23394 said:
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    What is nice is we haven't heard any rumours of teams after our players...
    Is there anyone we really have to worry about losing at the moment? 
    Albie would be the only one I guess...
    I like Albie, but I seriously doubt anybody would be in for him - we couldn’t even get him a loan in the football league at the beginning of last season, and then he hardly did much after that.
    He was a useful presence last season, only 2 players got more assists. (Deleted the 6 assists bit as that was end of 2018/2019 included. 

Here's his full stats for games played, goals and assists:

This ignores his presence when pressuring, being available and willing to receive passes and to play in the wingers and forwards who assisted others with opportunities. 
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    There is some people on here waiting and hoping that we get loans from premier league clubs and hoping for promotion.If that happens all well and good,but then the players go back to their respective clubs and we go crashing back down to league 1.The only way to progress is to spend money on class players tie them down on 3 year contracts ,that’s called stability. You can’t bank too heavily on the youngsters coming through ,although it’s great to see that happen,realistically you will only get one or two of them will be good enough to cut the mustard.
    This...100%.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not turning out to be the summer rebuild we all thought. 

5 weeks of transfer window remaining (34 days)

The important date is August 7th. Start of the season. Which is 10 days away.

I can imagine the scenes if we started the season with just 11 players.....fans would still he chanting the mantra "the transfer window doesn't shut for another 3 weeks - what's the problem"

Also, for out of contract players there is no transfer window so might as well say we have all season. 
    The important date is 30/04/2022 - Whether we are promoted automatically, are in the play offs or have failed again. 

I know you don't like to hear it, but at the start of this coming season we will be starting stronger than we started last season. I'd argue we're stronger than when the Summer window closed.

I admit we will be weaker than we finished last season, IF we stay as we are.
    You can't compare the start of last season to this.

And your last sentence is rather damning with just 10 days to go before we start the new season. 
  • Options
    How many of the 18 Powell signed would it have been right to give 3 year contracts to, off the bat.  Including the marvellous ability to reflect in hindsight?

3, 4?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

5 weeks of transfer window remaining (34 days)

The important date is August 7th. Start of the season. Which is 10 days away.

I can imagine the scenes if we started the season with just 11 players.....fans would still he chanting the mantra "the transfer window doesn't shut for another 3 weeks - what's the problem"

Also, for out of contract players there is no transfer window so might as well say we have all season. 
    The important date is 30/04/2022 - Whether we are promoted automatically, are in the play offs or have failed again. 

I know you don't like to hear it, but at the start of this coming season we will be starting stronger than we started last season. I'd argue we're stronger than when the Summer window closed.

I admit we will be weaker than we finished last season, IF we stay as we are.
    You can't compare the start of last season to this.

And your last sentence is rather damning with just 10 days to go before we start the new season. 

Of course I can. I just did :lol:

With regards your second sentence, I'm talking an Aneke, Shinnie and a Maatsen away imo. 
  • Options
    NA and TS have very little to do with recruitment of the players .. NA will supply a list of targets to SG and his team and TS supplies the budget .. and that’s it then it’s down to SG to get the players in ..

we heard that last night NA could not give a definite answer about LB or Gomas because he has to speak to SG … 
    What’s happened to Maatsen mate as you’ve been saying for months now that he was returning?
  • Options
    Imagine if we'd jumped in and signed a forward in July rather than wait 'til late September to sign Yann Kermorgant - who didn't actually start a game for us 'til 8th October. So, is it better to have signed the wrong players already or to wait and sign the right players in the course of the next couple of weeks?

We either trust TS, NA and SG to get things right or we don't. It seems to me that too many people on here have incredibly short memories given where we were just one year ago so far as ownership, transfer embargos and the very future of the Club is concerned.
    We did, as we signed Paul Hayes (in June actually)

Yann was the icing on the cake, but if we hadn't signed him, we already had a decent L1 striker in that position
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When I said that 5 weeks and more ago I got pelted. Something has changed since TS and NA made those claims . Realism may have bitten a bit. However it is strange only one player we were interested in January  time has been procured. 
    All very odd in a way because neither TS or NA are given to over statement. 

Adkins wasn’t in charge in January though. It is totally possible that he isn’t interested in the players that Bowyer was. Clubs don’t just make a list and stick with it come what may.
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:
    NA and TS have very little to do with recruitment of the players .. NA will supply a list of targets to SG and his team and TS supplies the budget .. and that’s it then it’s down to SG to get the players in ..

we heard that last night NA could not give a definite answer about LB or Gomas because he has to speak to SG … 
    What’s happened to Maatsen mate as you’ve been saying for months now that he was returning?
    We have told Chelsea we want him
    back on loan .. but they want him to go to championship, if that don’t happen then expect him back at CAFC …. He is recovering from COVID 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Davo53 said:
    There is some people on here waiting and hoping that we get loans from premier league clubs and hoping for promotion.If that happens all well and good,but then the players go back to their respective clubs and we go crashing back down to league 1.The only way to progress is to spend money on class players tie them down on 3 year contracts ,that’s called stability. You can’t bank too heavily on the youngsters coming through ,although it’s great to see that happen,realistically you will only get one or two of them will be good enough to cut the mustard.
    This...100%.
    Loans got us out of this division last time. They can do it again.

I’d much rather we carefully selected good loans than whacked 3 year contracts on multiple players. Great if it pays off, but that’s also how you bankrupt a football club. 

I bet Derby fans over the last few years have loved all their transfer activity. Look at them now.

This isn’t football manager, you can’t just run around hoovering up the best talent and expect it to turn out OK. I know Ipswich are doing it and that is probably where the frustration is coming from. But I can’t see how their model is sustainable.

After years of mismanagement, I think we are doing the right thing by building slowly and methodically.
    That what Ipswich are doing if they go up lot of there signings never played above league one .. big risk 
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

back on loan .. but they want him to go to championship, if that don’t happen then expect him back at CAFC …. He is recovering from COVID 
    He has gone to Coventry..... Why are you still talking about it? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I suppose this is just a unique circumstance - players and managers have been used to certain wage expectations, but now Covid has fundamentally changed the financial situation. I would not be at all surprised if Adkins (like managers up and down the country) are furious that budgets are lower than they had been promised, and I would not be at all surprised in players holding out for the same kind of contracts that they could have had before, which might not be available anymore. It all just lends itself to an awful lot of brinkmanship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:

He hasn't actually signed yet has he?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious
    Because we have 19 first-team players currently.

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

If you look at our first 11 + bench it wouldn't make play-offs currently. 
  • Options
    Hello foreveradickted only an idiot buys his way out of this league. Try telling that to the owner and manager of Ipswich town when there playing in the championship next season.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious
    Because we have 19 first-team players currently.

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

If you look at our first 11 + bench it wouldn't make play-offs currently. 
    This could be a problem then, until the rule is thrown out, teams can only have a squad of 20-players

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12269392/pfa-threatens-efl-with-arbitration-over-squad-size-limits-for-2021-22-campaign
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:

Is that an ITK? Can’t find anything confirming that.
  • Options
    Imagine if we'd jumped in and signed a forward in July rather than wait 'til late September to sign Yann Kermorgant - who didn't actually start a game for us 'til 8th October. So, is it better to have signed the wrong players already or to wait and sign the right players in the course of the next couple of weeks?

We either trust TS, NA and SG to get things right or we don't. It seems to me that too many people on here have incredibly short memories given where we were just one year ago so far as ownership, transfer embargos and the very future of the Club is concerned.

Yann was the icing on the cake, but if we hadn't signed him, we already had a decent L1 striker in that position
    Hayes only started a dozen games, became surplus to requirements and was sent out on loan that season. So, perhaps, Schwartz is our Hayes and we have yet to sign our Kermorgant!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:

Is that an ITK? Can’t find anything confirming that.
    Doesnt look like its been confirmed by the two clubs in question

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2021/7/23/22590300/chelsea-coventry-city-agree-ian-maatsen-loan-report
  • Options

Hayes only started a dozen games, became surplus to requirements and was sent out on loan that season. So, perhaps, Schwartz is our Hayes and we have yet to sign our Kermorgant!
    If we hadn't signed Yann we would have been a play off team
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!