Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious
    Because we have 19 first-team players currently.

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

If you look at our first 11 + bench it wouldn't make play-offs currently. 
    I’m going to have to dispute your ‘fact’.

Not all our presumed rivals are ahead, and that’s only if you think ahead means bringing in more bodies rather than actual quality. 

Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth and Doncaster have each brought in 2 or 3 more players than us so far. 

Oxford, Wednesday, Sunderland, Wycombe, Rotherham and Lincoln all have brought in the same or less players than us. 
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Hello foreveradickted only an idiot buys his way out of this league. Try telling that to the owner and manager of Ipswich town when there playing in the championship next season.
    Hello Davo53 - Have they already been promoted then? - Blimey thats impressive!!
    Earlier you said you can't be promoted on August 7th, apparantly you can get promoted before!

In all seriousness though, I don't actually agree you can't get buy this league. It's not particularly good, doesn't take an awful lot to be seriously competitive. BUT, it's not our money and we can't expect that off an owner. We can ask to be competitive though, especially given Sandgaard's comments. 
  • Options
    Hello cafcfan1990 how is signing players on 3year contracts not stability???. Signing players on 1year contract and getting players on loans isn’t 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:
    NA and TS have very little to do with recruitment of the players .. NA will supply a list of targets to SG and his team and TS supplies the budget .. and that’s it then it’s down to SG to get the players in ..

we heard that last night NA could not give a definite answer about LB or Gomas because he has to speak to SG … 
    What’s happened to Maatsen mate as you’ve been saying for months now that he was returning?
    We have told Chelsea we want him
    back on loan .. but they want him to go to championship, if that don’t happen then expect him back at CAFC …. He is recovering from COVID 
    He has gone to Coventry..... Why are you still talking about it? 
    He hasn't actually signed yet has he?
    The 2 clubs have agreed that he will go there but it's not been made 'official' yet because he's isolating because of covid and can't do the obligatory kit/scarf photos yet.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

Not all our presumed rivals are ahead, and that’s only if you think ahead means bringing in more bodies rather than actual quality. 

Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth and Doncaster have each brought in 2 or 3 more players than us so far. 

Oxford, Wednesday, Sunderland, Wycombe, Rotherham and Lincoln all have brought in the same or less players than us. 
    How many promotion quality players do we have? 

I would say Stockley, Famewo and maybe the keeper. 

Inniss will miss half the season so won't be included as the idea of Pearce filling in drops us 10+ points already. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

It absolutely can be disputed. A lot of the clubs who've signed a lot of players also lost a lot of players. They may have made some good signings but that's not to say they are much further ahead than they were last season.... Exactly like us.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:
    NA and TS have very little to do with recruitment of the players .. NA will supply a list of targets to SG and his team and TS supplies the budget .. and that’s it then it’s down to SG to get the players in ..

we heard that last night NA could not give a definite answer about LB or Gomas because he has to speak to SG … 
    What’s happened to Maatsen mate as you’ve been saying for months now that he was returning?
    back on loan .. but they want him to go to championship, if that don’t happen then expect him back at CAFC …. He is recovering from COVID 
    Is that an ITK? Can’t find anything confirming that.
    It was announced last week but like Man United's lad going to Brum he hasn't joined yet due to lack of numbers at Chelsea. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:

Am I allowed to disagree ? As I said yes we need some additions for strength in depth totally agree with that. My point is people are getting stressed because we are not signing players that rival clubs have signed and I maintain that those players are not any better than we already have. Surely the idea of signing new players is to improve the team and I cant see many that have been signed by Ipswich, Sunderland, Wigan etc would have done that
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Am I allowed to disagree ? As I said yes we need some additions for strength in depth totally agree with that. My point is people are getting stressed because we are not signing players that rival clubs have signed and I maintain that those players are not any better than we already have. Surely the idea of signing new players is to improve the team and I cant see many that have been signed by Ipswich, Sunderland, Wigan etc would have done that
    I don't think our squad is very good either, sorry. 
  • Options
    I am sure we can all see that at this time the squad has a few too many youngster's in there, but at the same time looks to be in a decent position with a month to go of the transfer window.

We do need to add some depth over this month and I don't think anyone would dispute that. We have 4 loan spots available to cover this as well as has been said time to analyse who is available and to get the right ones in. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Inniss will miss half the season so won't be included as the idea of Pearce filling in drops us 10+ points already. 
    You were talking about transfer window, why are you bringing Inniss and Pearce in to this? 

You said said our promotion rivals have factually had better transfer window than us. I disagree. But go ahead and tell me why the 10 sides I’ve mentioned above have all had a better transfer window than us so far. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

But then we're STILL not behind if no-one has that great a squad yet. Just par for the course.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:

Is that an ITK? Can’t find anything confirming that.
    It was announced last week but like Man United's lad going to Brum he hasn't joined yet due to lack of numbers at Chelsea. 
    Ah okay, thanks mate. I’d missed that. 
  • Options
    so no rumours then, just opinions
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Time will tell mate. I think it is alot better than alot of people are making out. The squad last season should have pissed promotion and as I have said before Im sure they would have with a half decent Manager for the whole season. We now have that imo. Fully willing to eat my words in a few months if I'm wrong but as I said time will tell
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:

You were talking about transfer window, why are you bringing Inniss and Pearce in to this? 

You said said our promotion rivals have factually had better transfer window than us. I disagree. But go ahead and tell me why the 10 sides I’ve mentioned above have all had a better transfer window than us so far. 
    Because we should have signed another CB. 

Pearce should be nowhere near this team. 

They've had better windows because they've address their needs and actually going into the first game with a decent 11. 

We have a threadbare squad filled with youngsters and the same old players that were poor a year ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not turning out to be the summer rebuild we all thought. 

When I said that 5 weeks and more ago I got pelted. Something has changed since TS and NA made those claims . Realism may have bitten a bit. However it is strange only one player we were interested in January  time has been procured. 
    All very odd in a way because neither TS or NA are given to over statement. 

Adkins wasn’t in charge in January though. It is totally possible that he isn’t interested in the players that Bowyer was. Clubs don’t just make a list and stick with it come what may.
    It may well be true and that is a good point but Roddy and Gallen were involved in recruitment 
    I wonder though how involved they were in Schwartz joining. I doubt Bowyer was.

If in Roddy and Gallen we trust then why not now. Kirk is a good player. 

Our problem is those out ,particularly LB and RCB and another GK or forward.

Ask @Rothko my opinion doesn’t matter............
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Swisdom said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Ipswich just announced Conor Chaplin while we're busy announcing stupid f**king songs 🙂🙂🙂
    Why are we getting the hump with every signing by our rivals?  Who really cares about Conor Chaplin? We’re his 4 goals last season especially remarkable 

the game isn’t played on paper, or based on signings - it’s a team game.  We finished the season as the form team so maybe, just maybe, we’ll do ok
    Okay, I'll just be satisfied with Josh Davison who scored 3 goals for Forest Green Rovers in the division below then.
    Doesn’t matter whether you are or not, Adkins is satisfied to the point where he’s refusing to loan him out.
    Okay, good for Adkins then. Won't be enough for promotion but as long as Mr. Walking is Brilliant is satisfied then everything is fine.
    End of the day NA / SG's hands are tied to the budget that TS has set. I'm sure NA would love to spend the cash on bringing replacements in for those who left or JFK's tragic injury or just improving the team/squad. He spent 2 years turning down previous job offers & while he loves bringing through the youth I wonder if he's thinking this isn't quite what he signed up for. Did TS tell him he wants to blow the league away & he would back him to sign whoever he wanted but the budget now isn't enough?
  • Options
    AndyG said:

But some teams didn't lose 10 players like we did. Oxford, I believe, only lost 3. 

More apples & pears - just like the "our squad is in a better state than it was this time last season" bollox.

Its al about the context.
  • Options
    This was supposed to be the year the shackles came off. 

Just feels like a Roland transfer window at the moment. Doing the best we can in a tight budget, relying on kids for the rest. 
  • Options
    Hello shine166 there is a few ways to get promotion relegated championship clubs keep their squad together to win league (hull city) you have an academy full of a young messi or young ronaldos or has in our case spend money. Too say I love the
    way people burn ts’ money it’s because he stood there and said we will blow league 1out of the water IMO in any walk of life if your gonna give it the billy big bollocks follow it through.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

They've had better windows because they've address their needs and actually going into the first game with a decent 11. 

We have a threadbare squad filled with youngsters and the same old players that were poor a year ago. 
    Make up your mind dude. Is it the squad or the 11 you are complaining about? Because while I agree the squad isn't there yet, the first 11 is fine.

Pretty much like everyone else right now in fact. I can't see any squads with a lot of quality IN DEPTH yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:

But some teams didn't lose 10 players like we did. Oxford, I believe, only lost 3. 

More apples & pears - just like the "our squad is in a better state than it was this time last season" bollox.

Its al about the context.
    Didnt we only lose seven players?

Amos | Aneke | Maddison | Oztumer | Oshilaja | Pratley | Shinnie

You might as well whittle that down to three

Given the fact that the four in bold barely played for Adkins, with only Shinnie getting any kind of minutes
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    AndyG said:

Make up your mind dude. Is it the squad or the 11 you are complaining about? Because while I agree the squad isn't there yet, the first 11 is fine.

Pretty much like everyone else right now in fact. I can't see any squads with a lot of quality IN DEPTH yet.
    I don't think the first 11 or the squad is fine. 

The first 11 we need better CMs and a LB. 

The squad we need a lot more work. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!