Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• David Brent predicted this window when he sang Life on the Road. We arrange a meeting with a player in Sidcup but it’s not long before they sign for Ipswich.

Half a tank should get me to Millbank
    I fill her up and head down to Sidcup
    It's just a meeting
    It's only fleeting
    It's just a pitch and then I'm off to Ipswich
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious
    Because we have 19 first-team players currently.

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

If you look at our first 11 + bench it wouldn't make play-offs currently. 
    I’m going to have to dispute your ‘fact’.

Not all our presumed rivals are ahead, and that’s only if you think ahead means bringing in more bodies rather than actual quality. 

Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth and Doncaster have each brought in 2 or 3 more players than us so far. 

Oxford, Wednesday, Sunderland, Wycombe, Rotherham and Lincoln all have brought in the same or less players than us. 
    But some teams didn't lose 10 players like we did. Oxford, I believe, only lost 3. 

More apples & pears - just like the "our squad is in a better state than it was this time last season" bollox.

Its al about the context.
    Hi Golfie. A genuine question here mate, you say it is bollox that our squad is in better shape than last year. So you think a midfield of Pratley & Watson is better than what we have seen so far ? most of the players that have left didnt feature much for us anyway did they ? The only one I can think of that did is Chucks
    If you read what I have posted a couple of times recently I've been saying comparing the starting 11 against Crewe last year to the starting 11 against Sheff W this year is bollox. It seems rather obvious to me that we of course should be in a better position this season simply due to the chaos we were in last August & early September. Its not rocket science - we were under a transfer embargo & a wage cap fgs ! More importantly - are we in a better shape than against Hull last May ?

I have only seen us against Welling & missed the VP matches against Reading & Palace so I can'r really comment of the new players we've brought in. It sounds like both Clare & Dobson look handy players, and that Morgan is stepping up. But for me we are still missing a main striker & a winger. And we shouldn't be relying on loans for those important first teamers. 
    Fucking hell, here you go again. It you scroll back, plenty of people took it upon themselves, including me, why it isn’t bollocks and how, yes, it isn’t rocket science. You either purposely ignore what others say or you just enjoy writing and reading your own inane, miserable, negative shit on repeat.

The whole Golfie is moaning thing was funny to begin with but now It’s exhausting because it just hogs the whole thread.
    Jeez.....must be me then.

Ok. I give in. You're all right. 

As its  rumours thread & I have no-one ITK I'll move along now.
  • I thought TS telling a fan last night that we'd sign players but not until the end of the window was a decent rumour but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Sure @Dazzler21 has it sorted and added Thomas to the list already B)
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Bloody hell, Ipswich have signed 10 new players. We are light years behind. 
    So have Morecambe… means ? 
    We are light years behind Ipswich 
  • edited July 2021
    Great signing, really happy with that. Decent option on the wing. 

Honestly though, another goes by and nothing! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Superb signing. Well done all.

Now!  Anything about proper signings?
  • Would TS really say that? 
  • doronron said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bloody hell, Ipswich have signed 10 new players. We are light years behind. 
    So have Morecambe… means ? 
    We are light years behind Ipswich 

Not really. Not sure they have much of a midfield whereas ours is looking a lot stronger than last year.

We need some more attacking reinforcements for sure but I think our first 11 is better right now.

And we definitely need a left back and CB to see us through the season strongly.
  • #Pompey Head Coach Danny Cowley has told me he still wants at least another 6 additions to the squad. I asked him if it could be done before Fleetwood away, he said: "I doubt it, it's proving to be a challenging transfer window"

Think it’s across whole of football not just us …
    You really do move in esteemed circles, does Pep confide in you as well?
  • Scoham said:
    I thought TS telling a fan last night that we'd sign players but not until the end of the window was a decent rumour but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

There’s even photo evidence of TS with a fan on the Facebook group.

Thats Gary Barlow isnt it?
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    I thought TS telling a fan last night that we'd sign players but not until the end of the window was a decent rumour but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Thomas obviously likes his Louis Vuitton, check out that bag and belt B)
  • Have we signed any more nasal trimmers from Lidl yet?
  • In all honesty, we are only about three or four players away from having a great chance. That can potentially be covered by some good loans. We shouldn't get carried away, and I certainly am not, but we need to wait and see the business yet to happen. As it stands, we will be starting this season with a stronger side than we started last. The squad is pretty sound as is. The question will be how well we ice the cake?
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably that his putting terrible and he's got a slice. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    TS attending the Charlton golf day dinner this evening, I’m sure people will hear something.
    Can we order a couple of extra bottles of claret for his table....... 
  • edited July 2021
    Spending big on the women team at the detriment of the men. Sigh. 
    How much do you think she is on?  £500 a week? 

I know Wrexham offered her 9k but seriously? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Spending big on the women team at the detriment of the men. Sigh. 
    How much do you think she is on?  £500 a week? 

I know Wrexham offered her 9k but seriously? 
    It was tongue in cheek but I am sure I am not the only one to have absolutely no interest in womens football so I personally don't want any money spent on it. 100% on the team I've been watching for 53 years now. 

Before anyone says it I don't comment on the Women's football threads. No offence meant, just not for me. Paradoxically I currently prefer women's tennis to the mens. 
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:

Thomas obviously likes his Louis Vuitton, check out that bag and belt B)
    I can see what’s happening here, spending one weeks worth of Paul Mullin’s wages on a hand bag and a belt.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!