Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Macronate said:
    That’s a statement of intent signing if ever I’ve seen one because Ipswich, Morecambe and Wrexham were all in for her.
    genuine question - if a woman was good enough to play in one of the men's football leagues - would she be allowed to? (a yes no answer is fine. Please for the love of god, no spiraling down into gender politics)
    No
    For fifa affiliated men's competitions only men are eligible. Likewise fifa affiliated women's competitions can only field women 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Schwartz to Ipswich

joke.
    If Schwartz signed for Ipswich he’d turn from a half decent 4th choice striker to one of the best strikers in the league, according to some of our fans.
  • Options
    Schwartz to Ipswich

joke.
    If Schwartz signed for Ipswich he’d turn from a half decent 4th choice striker to one of the best strikers in the league, according to some of our fans.
    Well, he is a rocket!
  • Options
    Schwartz to Ipswich

joke.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Davo53 said:
    Hello covered end I just knew someone would come out with the 31st august window shuts, you of cause are correct, but by then we could be 12 points behind the front runners we don’t want that players coming in at the death not knowing players etc etc so that’s why I said 9 days get the team sorted!
    If you want to reply to a post, click on quote at the bottom of the post, then type into the white area below.

You're right that we could be 12 points behind, but I very much doubt it.
    Either way the majority of the remaining recruits will probably arrive in the last day or few days of the window, so there's no point in so many complaining. 

The biggest reason being that Premier League loans generally don't happen until they have finalised their squads.
    So we can have another 500 posts saying the same thing, but it won't make a jot of difference.
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Hello muttleycafc ONLY 3 OR 4 more signings and we have a great chance! With 9 days left to sign players have you been drinking!
    Transfer window closes 31st August.
    34 days left to sign players.
     The season starts in 9 days. Players for that game must be signed by 12.00 noon on the Friday so 8 says for that. 
    I thought the fact that the management have said most players will be signed on or near deadline day, may have reduced these senseless posts.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I thought TS telling a fan last night that we'd sign players but not until the end of the window was a decent rumour but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Not quite what he said unless it's a different guy.

"He said he’s speaking to players every day, but it’s the case of if it’s the right move for them. His words were most transfers will be on deadline day."
    I stand corrected but only wished to drag the conversation back to rumours rather than tedious moaning from the tedious moaners

A forlorn hope

• Options
    edited July 2021
    What is it with this latest fascination about Ipswich, since they have signed a couple of players we may, or may not have been interested in at some time, all of a sudden the sun shines out of their tiny little arses, promotion etc has already been decided it seems, and we may as well give up now.
    God, I bet they would really love to see how some of us are getting our knickers in a twist over them, and having a jolly good laugh at our expense, we are Charlton, and we don't take prisoners, bring on the new season, I can't wait to get started.

More sarcastic posts, like this, about Ipswich winning the league than there are genuine ones. This thread is a mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Croydon said:
    What is it with this latest fascination about Ipswich, since they have signed a couple of players we may, or may not have been interested in at some time, all of a sudden the sun shines out of their tiny little arses, promotion etc has already been decided it seems, and we may as well give up now.
    God, I bet they would really love to see how some of us are getting our knickers in a twist over them, and having a jolly good laugh at our expense, we are Charlton, and we don't take prisoners, bring on the new season, I can't wait to get started.

More sarcastic posts, like this, about Ipswich winning the league than there are genuine ones. This thread is a mess.
    They do have a point though..
  • Options
    Can we take prisoners, and maybe play them at left back til Purrington comes back? 
  • Options
    I had high hopes we were getting back to the discussion about five year plans to boost the Soviet industrial and agricultural yield.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not pointless if you read some of the theories on Twitter and around social media. Adkins not happy, budget has been cut, promises broken etc.

Saying that those sharing those theories won't believe we'll have a strong squad unless they see it happen.
    I don't do twitter.
    Has anyone with any sense given any weight to these apparently outrageous suggestions? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Not pointless if you read some of the theories on Twitter and around social media. Adkins not happy, budget has been cut, promises broken etc.

Saying that those sharing those theories won't believe we'll have a strong squad unless they see it happen.
    I don't do twitter.
    Has anyone with any sense given any weight to these apparently outrageous suggestions? 
    It’s coming from one place on the internet that is feeding this narrative
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Scoham said:

I don't do twitter.
    Yes some with a lot of weight on both their shoulders, some with weight round their waist and some with weight from the rocks where their brains should be.

Oh you mean with any credibility?  Absolutely not.

• Options
    Wycombe signed Vokes.

They also just beat Leicester 1-0.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    My mates son was at the game last night and waited outside for Thomas and got a photo with him. He asked about transfers and TS replied “we’re speaking to players and agents every day but most transfers will happen on deadline day “
    He’s got a super duper phone hasn’t he.
    HaHa 12 hours later I typed " Isn't that what mouthall said" but decided not to post it as couldn't be bothered with bed wetting comments :D
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:
    Wycombe signed Vokes.

And we signed Stockley, I don’t get this constant comparing each signing 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Isn't that all from that one weirdo on the other forum who gets kicked off and invited back there every 6 months and has been booted off here plenty of times?  Talks junk. Ignore.
    I purposely don't follow who I assume you're talking about but it might well be where it originated from.

Generally though I think people just want to see signings that back up TS and NAs words. Understandable but the lack of activity so far isn't evidence that we won't end up with a strong squad. It was always said signings would come in towards the end of the window.

From what I've seen some also believe NA not being as positive as usual in his post Palace interview backs up that something isn't right, but then we also know that's only recently recovered from Covid.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Wycombe signed Vokes.

Wasn’t comparing.

Just putting some actual transfer news in our league on here as we haven’t had any yet this week.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I didn't think Adkins seemed his usual bubbly self in the interview after palace, but then maybe that's because he's recovering from covid.
  • Options
    @Athletico Charlton, @Rothko, @Cafc43v3r
    Thank you Gentlemen, as I thought.
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:
    Rothko said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Wycombe signed Vokes.

Wasn’t comparing.

Just putting some actual transfer news in our league on here as we haven’t had any yet this week.
    There's a thread for that...

Though some were suggesting Vokes could be an option.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!