Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options

All quiet on the Western Front.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Sorry but some of the above is bollocks. Like it’s a crime to thrive off of doing more than just existing in life.

It’s like the sports in kids thing. Does every kid get a medal for taking part or do the winners get rewarded for showing excellence?

Is it just the ‘taking part that counts’ or is the essence of sport as a competitive battle when a winner comes out on top?

Its never clean cut. Everyone has a different opinion.

I don’t think the attitudes of people on this thread are as clean cut as been pointed out - in fact I think it’s downright insulting tbh.
    I can understand both sets of the opinions and emotions, i.e. those that feel we should be thankful we now have a decent owner who is wealthy but maybe not mega rich and therefore is hoping to grow the club in a more sustainable fashion and then those who are a bit more impatient and feel perhaps that he and NA should have been a bit more conservative in their comments at the end of last season if there wasn't an intent to throw more money at player recruitment. I think we just have to be realistic and appreciate that, for whatever reason, Charlton don't seem to be an attractive proposition for a mega-rich Middle Eastern or Asian investor. As a consequence I feel we have been pretty lucky in attracting TS and need to be patient. He is enthusiastic and if he is guilty of being too enthusiastic in setting his future targets, that is not a crime.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Wonder how the two medicals went yesterday.
    "Pop your clothes on that chair over there and bend over the couch"?
  • Options
    Anyone reading into the fact the away kit hasn’t been announced yet? It’s been at exactly 11:00 for the other two 
  • Options
    TeeC said:
    Anyone reading into the fact the away kit hasn’t been announced yet? It’s been at exactly 11:00 for the other two 
    Isn't it being announced tomorrow? 
  • Options
    When Saturday Comes league one preview 

Based on the aggregate scores of the fans writing the previews for their own club

Only third so Adkins out.

• Options

Kits

- The club’s third kit for the 2021/22 season was revealed on Monday. Click here for more

- The club’s home kit for the 2021/22 season is set to be revealed on Wednesday

- The club’s away kit for the 2021/22 season is set to be revealed on Thursday

• Options
    Everybody and their Auntie knows in the ldeal world you have your squad ready for the first League match of the season. Then you add the X factor player or players (loans):
    Yann, Cullen, Beilik etc.
    Yes I know it doesn't alway work out that well !

This is the Covid world where some players are recovering from the virus, others weren't retained because of a shortfall of revenue and agents are trying to play poker with their clients future. Musical chairs and difficult to get it right.

Steve Gallen, must have the patients of a Saint.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    TeeC said:

Kits

- The club’s third kit for the 2021/22 season was revealed on Monday. Click here for more

- The club’s home kit for the 2021/22 season is set to be revealed on Wednesday

- The club’s away kit for the 2021/22 season is set to be revealed on Thursday

Fair does, at least we can book a mouth watering carvery 🤤🤤
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:

Amazing  :D
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think we need an Ipswich thread.  Fisons, The Cobbold stand, John Wark, Jamie Clapham, James Scowcroft, David Johnson, Suffolk, Marcus Evans, Alan Brazil, The Dozells, the 9-1 defeat to Man Utd, the amount of light years they are ahead of us…
    You forgot Ed Sheeran!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Based on the aggregate scores of the fans writing the previews for their own club

I may be doing the maths wrong... But how are we above Pompey?
    No idea, I assume goal difference or poor proof reading.
  • Options
    TeeC said:
    Was actually just gonna post this. I think you’re on to something 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Also lol @ Sunderland.
    So is that all Sunderland fans saying they'll finish 1st or 2nd?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Also lol @ Sunderland.
    majority it would seem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be surprised if MK Dons finish as low as they do - Will be equally surprised if Lincoln can replicate last season, usually when a team surprises by finishing higher than expected, they dont follow it up the next season.
    Quite often a surprise team that doesn't go up from the play offs get relegated the following season.  For the smaller clubs losing 3 or 4 then not getting the replacements spot on is massive. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Also lol @ Sunderland.
    majority it would seem.
    Lol indeed!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Be surprised if MK Dons finish as low as they do - Will be equally surprised if Lincoln can replicate last season, usually when a team surprises by finishing higher than expected, they dont follow it up the next season.
    Quite often a surprise team that doesn't go up from the play offs get relegated the following season.  For the smaller clubs losing 3 or 4 then not getting the replacements spot on is massive. 
    They wont have the same loan Goalkeeper or Brennan Johnson for starters - Usually with these teams they do well because they've done exceptionally well in the loan market. As we've shown the last two years with the Smiths and Smyth, its very difficult to constantly find the right loan players.

Think Fleetwood and Oxford are the two teams that have constantly been back the following year after surprising
  • Options
    Think MK will finish above both Wigan and Lincoln but of course not above us 

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Also lol @ Sunderland.
    No, each preview writer, one from each club, predicts the whole  division.

These are the aggregate scores.

So fans of other league one clubs think Sunderland will do well and we'll be 3rd or 4th
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Macronate said:
    Steve Gallen is the spit of a bloke who lives across the road from me.

Don't think it is SG but I'm going to ask if the bloke who lives across the road from me has any rumours of deals he's working on.

Will let you all know how I get on.

COYI
    I’ve lost all respect for SG since his revelation this week that he follows ***tic 
    😎
    That's strange as he went even higher in my estimation. 

As he has said, he is proud to be Irish.
    Are you telling me he’s based his support of a football team purely on nationality and possible religious reasons, disgraceful bigot.

😎
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    DA9 said:
    Macronate said:
    Steve Gallen is the spit of a bloke who lives across the road from me.

Don't think it is SG but I'm going to ask if the bloke who lives across the road from me has any rumours of deals he's working on.

Will let you all know how I get on.

COYI
    I’ve lost all respect for SG since his revelation this week that he follows ***tic 
    😎
    That's strange as he went even higher in my estimation. 

As he has said, he is proud to be Irish.
    Are you telling me he’s based his support of a football team purely on nationality and possible religious reasons, disgraceful bigot.

😎
    He's a Rangers fan.

Queens Park Rangers that is.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    TeeC said:
    Was actually just gonna post this. I think you’re on to something 
    There are more important things going on……the renaming of the lounge. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Also lol @ Sunderland.
    No, each preview writer, one from each club, predicts the whole  division.

These are the aggregate scores.

So fans of other league one clubs think Sunderland will do well and we'll be 3rd or 4th
    Ah, was going to say, Wednesday fans seem to have eaten a massive portion of humble pie. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!