Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    th0rryy said:
    ross1 said:
    Not to derail too much, but...

I think fighting for a place at Leeds would have been better than easier street at Palarse. Bielsa is very highly regarded and, imo, was instrumental in making Kalvin Phillips world class. Vieira was class back in the day, but this doesn't always equate to good/successful management. Plus, it's his first job in England and was sacked by Nice.

Weird move for Conor - I loved having him here and will follow his career with interest as a result. I just feel that if he really wanted to test himself and have a crack at mixing it with the big boys, he should have knuckled down and fought for a chance at Leeds. Instead, it'll just be another scrappy relegation fight season that (hopefully) ends in another relegation.

A shame.
    Probably wants to learn from one of the best midfielders of his generation in Patrick Vieira
    And Palace will presumably be playing more of a passing style this season, and maybe promised Chelsea that Conor would be a key part of their midfield?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    th0rryy said:
    ross1 said:

I think fighting for a place at Leeds would have been better than easier street at Palarse. Bielsa is very highly regarded and, imo, was instrumental in making Kalvin Phillips world class. Vieira was class back in the day, but this doesn't always equate to good/successful management. Plus, it's his first job in England and was sacked by Nice.

Weird move for Conor - I loved having him here and will follow his career with interest as a result. I just feel that if he really wanted to test himself and have a crack at mixing it with the big boys, he should have knuckled down and fought for a chance at Leeds. Instead, it'll just be another scrappy relegation fight season that (hopefully) ends in another relegation.

A shame.
    Probably wants to learn from one of the best midfielders of his generation in Patrick Vieira
    And Palace will presumably be playing more of a passing style this season, and maybe promised Chelsea that Conor would be a key part of their midfield?
    Probably, though all they seem to do in seasons past is give it to Zaha and tell him to fall over, like the best kid in the playground mentality
  • Options
    I thought tractortalk and Wiganwatch was bad now it's turned into Leedslife, Chelseachat and intothesainsburys 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I thought tractortalk and Wiganwatch was bad now it's turned into Leedslife, Chelseachat and intothesainsburys 
    I could always start posting again if that would make you happy......🙂
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    th0rryy said:
    ross1 said:

A shame.

Agree with this except when did Kalvin Phillips become world class? :D
    Presumably at the point he reached the Euro finals...
  • Options
    Sims was given a chance to train with us to keep fit but was never one we were going to sign ..
    Source?
  • Options
    Conor gone to palace?! Great move for a box to box midfielder managed by one of the best of the same! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DA9 said:
    DA9 said:
    Macronate said:
    Steve Gallen is the spit of a bloke who lives across the road from me.

Don't think it is SG but I'm going to ask if the bloke who lives across the road from me has any rumours of deals he's working on.

Will let you all know how I get on.

COYI
    I’ve lost all respect for SG since his revelation this week that he follows ***tic 
    😎
    That's strange as he went even higher in my estimation. 

As he has said, he is proud to be Irish.
    Are you telling me he’s based his support of a football team purely on nationality and possible religious reasons, disgraceful bigot.
    😎
    My question would be, If he's proud to be Irish, why isn't he supporting an Irish team?
    Is charlton your local club? Or the biggest club to you locally? 
    Neither. It is the first professional club I saw live as my then Step Dad took me along in 93/94.

Nearest big club is Brighton. Nearest local club is Crawley.
    I always thought you were Palace, Dazzler.

Or am I confusing you with Louis Mendez? : :D

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    Sims was given a chance to train with us to keep fit but was never one we were going to sign ..
    Source?
    🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Wrong thread ffs
  • Options
    MK have also signed Josh McEachran 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    sam3110 said:
    th0rryy said:
    ross1 said:

A shame.
    Until they find themselves bottom at the end of November,  sack Vieira and appoint whatever long ball merchant that hasn't yet worked for them.
  • Options
    Any rumours involving us anybody.... come on @Covered_End_Lad, any more snippets for us to hang onto please. B)
    We promise not to string you up.

Well I do. I can't guarantee what the rest of the rabble might do .........(!) :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I thought Cawley had ruled out Josh Sims? Decent enough player but not someone I remember us being linked with before. 

Why bring Sims in just to calm fans when we have a young lad Charlie Clayden know which one I would rather have in our team 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4380554/#Comment_4380554

• Options
    According to my source Victor Moses is BACK ON - he hasnt settled in Moscow (too cold) and sees the Addicks as the ideal solution to his woes.

Sandgaard currently looking at chartering some kind of plane to get him to SE London, and sharpish. Expect we will hear more tomorrow.
    Biblical transfer if true. Sandgaard would have to move heaven and earth to make it happen.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    He was there last season .
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This is the Charlton rumours thread, there is another thread for rumours of other clubs.  I suggest you create a "fictitious bollocks" thread and you can post away about Moses, Mullin, Maatsen and your made up quote from TS that I can't believe no one else noticed. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Oh damn, wasn’t he supposed to be coming to us??, oh no!!! We’ve missed out again!!!!! That’s it I’ve wet the bed so much there’s waves!!!, maybe Moses can sign and part them,!!!! Ok I think I’ve covered the bases with a seriously tenuous link.👍😂
  • Options
    🙉🙈🙊
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Not heard a peep in nearly a week
    A Peep in early next week, which position does he play... LB?
  • Options
    Not heard a peep in nearly a week
    A Peep eh, which position does he play... LB?
    Wrong spelling , I think he means Pepe,CB isn’t he?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I thought TS telling a fan last night that we'd sign players but not until the end of the window was a decent rumour but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

There’s even photo evidence of TS with a fan on the Facebook group.

Thomas obviously likes his Louis Vuitton, check out that bag and belt B)
    Times are clearly tough though.

Cheese sarnies &  thermos of tea in that flash bag. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!